Mariner late-afternoon / pre-dinner / late night (no extra charges) snacks?

We were wondering if there are any of the lounges or other places onboard the Mariner that offer late-afternoon / pre-dinner, or late night snacks that are included with the cruise (no extra charges/fees).  Like chips/salsa, or other light fare.  And if so, where have they typically been available?  We have sailed other cruise lines that have a light offering in one or two lounges that were included, so we were wondering if the Mariner (or RCCL in general) have this, too.

Chips (with or without salsa) are not often plentiful on the ships I've sailed.  If you're chip fiends, you might bring your own.  Pringles would pack well.  Personally, popcorn is our favorite snack, and we have brought pre-popped bags onboard.  

Another vote for Cafe Promenade.  Their sandwiches are small -- like 2-4 bites, which is a nice size if you just want something to "tide you over" without interfering with your dinner.  And you can take multiples, if you want more.  The fillings vary, though they always have the ham and cheese croissants, which are my husband's ultra-faves.  

I didn't go for the pizza.  It was like good-quality frozen pizza, and I can find plenty on a ship I like better.  

Other no-cost onboard snack ideas: 

- The British pub offers really good trail mix with white chocolate chips -- or at least they used to.  Is that still a thing?  We've taken a carafe to our rooms for later. 

- Bring some ziplock with you and pick up some extra cookies from the lunch buffet.  One waiter we had once -- and I'm pretty sure it was on Mariner -- used to bring each child at the dinner table a small packet of chocolate chip cookies to take back to the room for later.  

- If you enjoy snacking on fruit, take what you want from the first day's breakfast buffet.  Think about it:  They aren't getting deliveries at sea; whatever they have on the first day is what they'll have for the whole cruise.  

- Though I think you can find much better food online, you can snag small boxes of cereal and cartons of milk from the breakfast buffet.  Yogurt, too.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

- If you enjoy snacking on fruit, take what you want from the first day's breakfast buffet.  Think about it:  They aren't getting deliveries at sea; whatever they have on the first day is what they'll have for the whole cruise.  

But "they" have high quality refrigeration.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Merion_Mom said:

3 A.M.?  What happened to 24 hours, except for brief closure for cleaning?

3am for pizza. Open 24 hours for “coffee station” only per today’s Cruise Compass on Mariner.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, nelblu said:

Depending on the time I recommend Sorento Pizza.   Can't remember if Mariner has a Park Cafe.

A quick google search of the Mariner's deck plans would've saved you the time from posting misinformation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseyjjs said:

A quick google search of the Mariner's deck plans would've saved you the time from posting misinformation.

Did you get off on the wrong side of the bed.   I got my pizza at the Cafe and it's the same as what you get at Sorrento's.  it may not have salads and all, but it's still pizza.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2022 at 11:09 AM, nelblu said:

Did you get off on the wrong side of the bed.   I got my pizza at the Cafe and it's the same as what you get at Sorrento's.  it may not have salads and all, but it's still pizza.

is the pizza included or is there an extra charge?