Can Edge-Class feel like Solstice-Class?

Nemanoxer

20 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Personal opinion is the E-Class are huge, but lost the personality of the S-Class ships.    The ship is noisy throughout and most of the Specialty Restaurants are open air with no walls.   To me Prime Cut is a disaster and if seated near the Edge overlooking the Martini Bar it is almost impossible to talk over the noise - especially when they do their light show.

Instead of Retreat lounge being small an intimate it has the feel of a LARGE Airport Lounges.

I would agree that the Retreat Lounge has a very different feel as does Luminae.  With 140-160 suites on E class ships they have to be large compared to S and M class which 

We sailed on Apex in a RS and it will be our one and only time. The Retreat is a gimmick on Edge Class ships. Too big. Too many people. Never felt like I was actually on a ship. It feels like a resort hotel. The veranda was tiny compared to M and S Class. Personally, the S-Class is the perfect size for me and the RS veranda is large enough for a table, two loungers and the jetted tub. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Relaxinginthesun said:

We sailed on Apex in a RS and it will be our one and only time. The Retreat is a gimmick on Edge Class ships. Too big. Too many people. Never felt like I was actually on a ship. It feels like a resort hotel. The veranda was tiny compared to M and S Class. Personally, the S-Class is the perfect size for me and the RS veranda is large enough for a table, two loungers and the jetted tub. 

What’s wrong with a resort hotel?  I kind of liked the Retreat on Beyond.  I thought Luminae was good.  I thought Le Voyage could be improved.  Eden was great!  And laps.  Laps in the pool!

While Beyond is not my favorite ship it got me to try the Retreat on Millie for my next cruise.

We did our first Edge class cruise on the Beyond in January after don't a dozen or so trips on the S and M class ships.  While the ship is really pretty I was underwhelmed.  No Sky Lounge, no Rendezvous Lounge.  Few comfortable places to just sit and enjoy it.  We did check out Eden but walking through a very dark hallway with some goofy lighting was not fun, the seating there was not every comfortable.  The Roof Top Garden has no shaded spots for those of us don't really like to sit out in the sun.  Overall a lot of the ship felt chopped up.  We booked and OV rather than our regular veranda because the IV idea did not appeal to me at all .   The theater was pretty cool.  The one thing consistant between all of the classes was the chair hogs. I went out one morning at 6:30am to make some sunrise in the wake pictures and as I walked back around the pool area more than half of the chairs already had books and towels on them.....People no but books and towels.....