Cute and good walking shoes

alidor

15 hours ago, GreenFamily said:

On our port intensive cruise, I plan to wear these unfashionable but very comfortable  “max cushioning” white Hokas. 
image.thumb.jpeg.7d66a2140f6ca77a9f674e5a494d3d51.jpeg

I love my Hokas. 

• Like 1

My new favorites are my OOFOS. Unbelievably light, super support (orthotics fit well), I don’t even know that I have them on. They have flip flops, clogs & full shoes. I have all 3. My new favs are the shoe

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 9:34 AM, awhfy said:

I love my Hokas. 

Me too!  They are my go-to shoes when walking is involved. Just bought my third pair. While their bright colors are cute, I wish they had more basic colors as well. I had a pair of navy ones with just a teensy bit of color and they are about worn out. No longer available in that color.  I'm hoping when they release the next version of my fave style (Clifton), there will be more options....

On 1/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, awhfy said:

My new favorites are my OOFOS. Unbelievably light, super support (orthotics fit well), I don’t even know that I have them on. They have flip flops, clogs & full shoes. I have all 3. My new favs are the shoe

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time getting used to the OOFOS.  I find the arch support to be uncomfortable -- not sure whether it's just too much or whether the arch is just in the wrong place for me. I keep trying them for a few minutes a day but can't seem to adjust.

• Like 2

On 1/1/2023 at 4:13 PM, GreenFamily said:

On our port intensive cruise, I plan to wear these unfashionable but very comfortable  “max cushioning” white Hokas. 
image.thumb.jpeg.7d66a2140f6ca77a9f674e5a494d3d51.jpeg

One of my owners got a pair of these for Christmas.  But, on hers, the "Hoka" is gold.  She said those shoes are just what she wanted.  

• Like 2

May be a little OT, but:

If you are looking for a cute and waterproof pair of tall boots that are comfy enough for me to wear walking around work for 8 hours, look at Sofft Sharnell.  Two heel heights (1.5" and 2") and a bunch of colors.  I'm one of those who have taken boots with me, not Winter boots, but "fashion" boots that are comfy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Me too!  They are my go-to shoes when walking is involved. Just bought my third pair. While their bright colors are cute, I wish they had more basic colors as well. I had a pair of navy ones with just a teensy bit of color and they are about worn out. No longer available in that color.  I'm hoping when they release the next version of my fave style (Clifton), there will be more options....

I have to admit, I'm having a hard time getting used to the OOFOS.  I find the arch support to be uncomfortable -- not sure whether it's just too much or whether the arch is just in the wrong place for me. I keep trying them for a few minutes a day but can't seem to adjust.

I have Snow White Hokas & Black Hokas. Both are Clifton’s (& on sale through the Hoka web site

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I have Snow White Hokas & Black Hokas. Both are Clifton’s (& on sale through the Hoka web site

I have black ones with white trim -- I just wear a lot more navy than black these days....

White isn't for me. I'm sure it's my own perception but they make my feet look ginormous and also I am not very good at avoiding dusty sites and dirty puddles....

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

I have black ones with white trim -- I just wear a lot more navy than black these days....

White isn't for me. I'm sure it's my own perception but they make my feet look ginormous and also I am not very good at avoiding dusty sites and dirty puddles....

I noticed a khaki color this season too, I’m going to order them

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/1/2022 at 12:13 PM, slidergirl said:

I bought a pair of Olu Kai Pehuea Li mesh sneakers to take to Europe.  Now that i'm back, I will say that they were perfect right of the box.  I alternated between them and the Pilahi hi top sneakers.  Over the month that I split beteeen France and Italy, i put a lot of mileage on both.  No blisters, no rubs, just comfy.  The pehuea has the extra feature of being able to turn down the heel piece, turning it into a mule.  That heel piece is like a neoprene so it will mold to your heel.  I give them a hearty 2 thumbs up.  And, they come in size 11 & 12.

I know you posted this quite some time ago, but did you find the Olu Kai fit the same as other brands?  I just found a pair on sale and I was thinking of scooping them up but I'm uncertain of the size.  

On 6/25/2022 at 12:41 PM, shipgeeks said:

I find that I am wearing my boat shoes -- Sperry Topsiders -- almost every day.  Currently wearing them with shorts or long pants, but I think I could wear them with a skirt or dress.  They are many years old, but still going strong.  Lightweight, and not bulky, but much better support for me than Skechers or other sneaker-style shoes.

We have a boat and I have a gazillion pairs of Sperrys, keep in mind they make different styles.  I tend to wear the Angelfish style which have great support.  I've bought others that looked similar but had no support and were very flat.  

On 10/26/2022 at 5:52 PM, PammyMouse said:

I have two (lace up) pair.  They are comfortable, good support, and fine for my wide forefoot.  My canvas ones develop a funny squeak, but the suede don't seem to have that.  I still like their look, though.

PM

Thanks for responding!  These are flooding my FB feed right now but I wasn't sure if they were any good or just typical FB spam.

2 hours ago, gail-s said:

I know you posted this quite some time ago, but did you find the Olu Kai fit the same as other brands?  I just found a pair on sale and I was thinking of scooping them up but I'm uncertain of the size.  

To me they seem true to size 

Sustainable Women's Shoes | Everyday and Running | Allbirds I'm surprised no one mentioned these I have three pair (maybe more -I'll have to look) I have worn them all over Europe. I also have a pair of these Trail Search Results (newbalance.ca) My exact model isn't there but but you get the picture of type of shoe. Wore them in NYC and put in over 15k steps a day. Also wore them in Kauai and appreciated that they were waterproof! The Two Point Five Ankle Boot Blackout – Poppy Barley I bought these right before a trip to Newfoundland and wore them up and down cobblestone hillsbefore I had even broken them in - amazing. I have sandals and pumps from PB and a couple of purses. You cant go wrong with PB! 

• Like 1

I bought a pair of BZees last year and have used them on multiple cruises on all my tours. They are lightweight, cushiony and supportive🙂

This is a photo of the ones I have........I would highly recommend them.

Bzees Game Plan Slip-on Sneaker In Navy Fabric

• Like 1

@LizzGo I have 2 pairs of the AllBirds ballet flats.  They are very comfortable and form to your feet.  I'm half tempted to bring them with me to Europe.  Several years ago I was on a trip in Paris and the cute sneakers I bought for walking were horrible.  My back was killing me.  I ended up wearing cheap leather ballet flats all over the city.  They were the only pair of shoes I had with me that allowed me the miles of walking we did each day without pain.  Craziness.  When we went back, those were what I wore the whole time.  Since we'll be in the Mediterranean in the summer, I was looking for something a bit cooler than leather flats 😉 

Edited by gail-s

Clark's ballet flats (Couture Bloom style) are my go-to comfy and stylish walking show when traveling. I also love my Doc Marten's Mary Janes (style 8065), but I think you need to be Gen X or have a certain vibe to pull those off 😅