was my latest muster drill experience new or is it the usual for Oasis?

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While "nice" for passengers, you tie up valuable crew members to stand around waiting for people to show up for hours. While you are in the climate controlled indoors, some ships require crew to stand for hours in the boiling hot, icy cold, blazing sunshine, pouring rain all to make "nice" for passengers.  Versus making everyone (passengers and crew) do it in a 30 minute window. 

You had me at "nice" for passengers. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

While "nice" for passengers, you tie up valuable crew members to stand around waiting for people to show up for hours. While you are in the climate controlled indoors, some ships require crew to stand for hours in the boiling hot, icy cold, blazing sunshine, pouring rain all to make "nice" for passengers.  Versus making everyone (passengers and crew) do it in a 30 minute window. 

It is the job of the cruiseline to make things “nice” for passengers. 
The End

14 hours ago, juanarcin said:

is this across all lines or just RC? I have a cruise on the Carnival Panorama in December with 14 first time cruisers and am hoping they get to experience this new version.

Also MSC

19 hours ago, juanarcin said:

I did a few cruises pre pandemic (about 7). I was averaging one a year and obviously had to stop during the pandemic. We recently decided it was time to cruise again, and we booked one on the oasis, our first time ever on an RC ship that size. 

My biggest surprise was the muster drill. We no longer had to stand outside in groups for 30 min. instead we were instructed to do it from our rooms on our tv. Then you had an hour or two to go to your designated part of the ship to confirm with a crew member that you watched the muster video and to learn where your emergency evacuation location will be. 

This was the best experience I've ever had with a muster drill! Now I'm wondering, is this new due to social distancing? Is this something all ships started doing? or is this something that has always been done on the bigger ships?

This is the new norm across the industry with little variations cruise line by cruise line. TBHH; I hope this to stay for the future. No need to that half an hour mess for all around. A way to reduce or avoid the ones that doesn't comply with the norm will need to be found though to assure all do the master in due time. Have a nice day!...

18 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We were on b2b on Jewel in April and had to do muster for 2nd cruise.

Same Ship/Dates, B4B, after the first week Attendant said "you again", scanned my Card and back to my Cabin I went. One week I beat him to our Station

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

I think it frees up crew!  Before, they had 4-5 people at each muster station; now they have two for the entire side of the deck.  The rest of them get to go about their day with whatever else they need to be doing.  

Edited by flamingos
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, njkruzer said:

We were on b2b on Jewel in April and had to do muster for 2nd cruise.

17 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Not on RC.  You must do this extremely easy and abbreviated muster drill for each cruise.  

Sorry for any confusion. I was speaking strictly about my Princess cruise.