Oasis of the Seas 7/8 - Cape Liberty Parking

turtle1947

we were parked on a lot a little bit farther away past the old tent that used to be the terminal, we paid right as we entered the lot.  Very convenient, just make sure you park in a designated lot, we saw cars with boots on that were parked in employee parking spaces.

I’m curious whether the cruise that’s Friday to Friday charges you for 7 days or 8. You’re technically there on that 8th day, but they’re going to get the “day’s rent” from the next group coming in later in the morning. It’s not that big of a deal to pay $25 dollars more, but it may make the difference on whether I decide to use Lyft or drive myself. It’ll cost me about $150 round-trip for Lyft, and if I’m paying $200 for parking I’ll definitely do Lyft, but if I’m paying $175 for parking, then paying $25 more to not have to wait for a car when leaving would be worth it. Also does the $25/day include taxes and fees? My Lyft estimate is all-in with tip.

Edited by Bound4Bermuda

52 minutes ago, turtle1947 said:

If you park in one of the outside lots do you still pay at the end of the cruise at one of the machines by the garage? Or do you pay an attendant in advance?

We are on the Oasis now parked in one of the outer lots.  They were only allowing parking in the garage for handicapped parking.  An attendant handed us our time stamped paper and we are to pay when we leave. 

Your guess is as good as ours, 

31 minutes ago, Bound4Bermuda said:

I’m curious whether the cruise that’s Friday to Friday charges you for 7 days or 8. You’re technically there on that 8th day, but they’re going to get the “day’s rent” from the next group coming in later in the morning. It’s not that big of a deal to pay $25 dollars more, but it may make the difference on whether I decide to use Lyft or drive myself. It’ll cost me about $150 round-trip for Lyft, and if I’m paying $200 for parking I’ll definitely do Lyft, but if I’m paying $175 for parking, then paying $25 more to not have to wait for a car when leaving would be worth it. Also does the $25/day include taxes and fees? My Lyft estimate is all-in with tip.

It's the number of nights, so it's 7 days. Everything is included in the charge. Your charge would be $175.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, CruiseKeeper said:

We are on the Oasis now parked in one of the outer lots.  They were only allowing parking in the garage for handicapped parking.  An attendant handed us our time stamped paper and we are to pay when we leave. 

Your guess is as good as ours, 

Does that mean pay when you return from your cruise?

On our May 1st cruise, the first Oasis cruise from Bayonne this year we were directed to the outside lot and they handed us a ticket to pay when we leave...

Good news is we were on B2B and when we left the terminal on May 15 the outside pay terminals were not functioning. There was someone with a mobile phone processing the payments. I handed my ticket and credit card and didn't notice till later that day that I was only charged for one week. 

• Like 2

We parked in the outside lot in May. Got a ticket to pay after the cruise. Still advantageous to pay at the machines directly outside the baggage area. If not, you have to wait in line to pay as you exit the lot. Line on the left was for those who already paid at the machine. 

mac_tlc

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2022 at 9:54 AM, clochette said:

we were parked on a lot a little bit farther away past the old tent that used to be the terminal, we paid right as we entered the lot.  Very convenient, just make sure you park in a designated lot, we saw cars with boots on that were parked in employee parking spaces.

The lot past the tent?!  That was a long walk back to the terminal.  Was a shuttle provided?

We cruised on the Adventure Of The Seas on June 9th. We parked in the outer lot and walked back to the terminal. We dropped off our luggage before parking. We paid for parking when we arrived and I didn’t notice any shuttle buses in the area.

• Thanks 1