Anyway to see how full your ship is?

31 minutes ago, cmjars said:

If you booked through a NCL TA they can tell you. For our cruise my TA said it's a little over half full and he said their goal is 60% capacity.

Really, most agents will claim they don't have access to that information. In reality, only NCL knows and will share that with you once you are onboard. I would expect at least 75% in June and July.

17 hours ago, cmjars said:

If you booked through a NCL TA they can tell you. For our cruise my TA said it's a little over half full and he said their goal is 60% capacity.

17 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Really, most agents will claim they don't have access to that information. In reality, only NCL knows and will share that with you once you are onboard. I would expect at least 75% in June and July.

As an agent, I can confirm that NCL does not disclose loads to us. No cruise lines do. They do frequently talk to us about capacity goals and limits but there's no way to actually know loads for a cruise unless you ask onboard. And yes, this includes internal agents employed by the company. Booking systems do not show total cabins available above a certain number and end up listing '10+ or 20+' on categories with a lot of availability. So you can't math your way to a conclusion, either. Agents that know crewmembers, other agents or friends onboard can often ask via those people but numbers are typically only available for the current cruise and the following. 

Loads for cruise ships, flights, etc are very famously not available to the public and employees that have access to that information can be terminated if they share it. I have personal experience being a former employee with access. Of course people will still break the rules but the majority won't. So take any capacity numbers that don't come from onboard with a grain of salt. 

OP can try asking cruisers that are onboard the sailing prior to his/hers. That's the closest answer you'll get. 

Edited by PiperHolliday
  • Like 1

I just did a mock booking on a cruise travel website for my October cruise. I went through every cabin category and many of them showed exactly 15 cabins available. Out of 28 categories, 16 showed 15 available. I have to assume that with at least the website I used,15 is the max they show but more probably are available. 

I know, I have too much time on my hands 😬

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cmjars said:

100% False, inaccurate & Bogus they have noway of knowing since norwegiancentral does not make that info available to ANY TA.

19 minutes ago, joelheather said:

100% False, inaccurate & Bogus they have noway of knowing since norwegiancentral does not make that info available to ANY TA.

I have had the same agent for 15 years at NCL and he doesn't work in "noweigiancentral", I agree with you those agents really have no idea what's up. So far for the last 15 years he has been correct when I ask for details about my cruises. How ever it works out, I love cruising with NCL even when it's full or half full. It's the one trip I take every year that means the most. 

Wishing you all an amazing cruise 🙂

2 hours ago, Dcoy said:

I just did a mock booking on a cruise travel website for my October cruise. I went through every cabin category and many of them showed exactly 15 cabins available. Out of 28 categories, 16 showed 15 available. I have to assume that with at least the website I used,15 is the max they show but more probably are available. 

I love logical researchers! Your brain is staying in great shape!

2 hours ago, PiperHolliday said:

As an agent, I can confirm that NCL does not disclose loads to us. No cruise lines do. They do frequently talk to us about capacity goals and limits but there's no way to actually know loads for a cruise unless you ask onboard. And yes, this includes internal agents employed by the company. Booking systems do not show total cabins available above a certain number and end up listing '10+ or 20+' on categories with a lot of availability. So you can't math your way to a conclusion, either. Agents that know crewmembers, other agents or friends onboard can often ask via those people but numbers are typically only available for the current cruise and the following. 

Loads for cruise ships, flights, etc are very famously not available to the public and employees that have access to that information can be terminated if they share it. I have personal experience being a former employee with access. Of course people will still break the rules but the majority won't. So take any capacity numbers that don't come from onboard with a grain of salt. 

OP can try asking cruisers that are onboard the sailing prior to his/hers. That's the closest answer you'll get. 

Thank you for verifying this. That is sensitive information that can affect the buyer's decision to purchase the cruise. It also makes sense to keep the info close to their vest.

4 hours ago, Dcoy said:

FWIW there are websites that consolidate cruises that show all cabins available.   Can't mention them here as CC doesn't allow.  It's a pain to click on each category but with too much time on my hands it's possible.  🙂

Edited by davencl