Why no "Live From" Reports?

Aloha 1

Why are there no reports from CC members on the latest cruises? Other than the Regatta Covid debacle, I've not seen a single report from the newly refurbed Nautica or other ships currently sailing. Would like to know current passenger counts, etc.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harters said:

Presumably because no-one can be bothered to spend time writing them.

Because they are on vacation.  Totally agree with post #2, they are pure ego boosters.  If you want a “live from” report head over to celebrity, there is an over the top one going on now.  Posts a picture of every single morsel of food, drink, possible expensive purchase they may or may not make and pictures of herself posing in front of her mirror modeling every single outfit she wears for each segment of the day on board.  I had to put it on block, very over the top and beyond, way beyond a cruise review, rather it is a ME review.

• Haha 2

I can’t be very ego-y then because I start live froms with the best of intentions, and then get sporadic and rubbish at it… 

Edited by ToxM
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Because they are on vacation.

Yes, that's what I meant and should have been clearer in my post.

Folk have other stuff to do and interest them. When I'm away, I take a full technology break - don't check emails, don't check forums I usually contribute to, etc. This is stuff from my "real life" which I don't want to intrude on my "holiday life".

I say let those who want to write them, write them and those who don't, don't. And we can decide if we'll read them. And as someone who took a 12/21 cruise, I do think they were quite interesting and often informative during the COVID restart in late 2021 and early 2022. 

• Like 6

Stroke egos...really!? 

I enjoy them, and when cruising started back up, those reports were like a gift!!  

Reading about anything and everything the poster wanted to share about the ship, crew, food, excursions, shows, etc. Anyone that takes time out of their vacation to share with the rest of us that don't happen to be taking one, gets a hearty Thank You! from me for their efforts.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, alaskaca said:

Stroke egos...really!? 

I enjoy them, and when cruising started back up, those reports were like a gift!!  

Reading about anything and everything the poster wanted to share about the ship, crew, food, excursions, shows, etc. Anyone that takes time out of their vacation to share with the rest of us that don't happen to be taking one, gets a hearty Thank You! from me for their efforts.

+1. I will say however I’ve never understood food pictures for sharing. I’ve had food presentations that looked tremendous, but tasted like crap and vise versus. 

Here’s a picture of a piece of bread I had! Really!! 😂😂  Here’s my split pea soup!

🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

+1. I will say however I’ve never understood food pictures for sharing. I’ve had food presentations that looked tremendous, but tasted like crap and vise versus. 

Here’s a picture of a piece of bread I had! Really!! 😂😂  Here’s my split pea soup!

🙄

I like to analyze the pictures to be sure of correct poppy seed distribution.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

15 hours ago, LGW59 said:

If you want a “live from” report head over to celebrity, there is an over the top one going on now.  Posts a picture of every single morsel of food, drink, possible expensive purchase they may or may not make and pictures of herself posing in front of her mirror modeling every single outfit she wears for each segment of the day on board.  I had to put it on block, very over the top and beyond, way beyond a cruise review, rather it is a ME review.

I can’t be bothered to read anything on the celebrity boards. I am a refugee from celebrity.😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, PhD-iva said:

I can’t be bothered to read anything on the celebrity boards. I am a refugee from celebrity.😜

OK, I will admit I’m heading now over to the celebrity boards (those I said I never read!!!)

My point as the OP was that it would be nice to know little things, like how many passengers on board, Covid situation, any port issues, embarkation and disembarkation. Simple things. Don't need food pics.

There used to be posts of this sort before Covid and they seem to have stopped.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Aloha 1 said:

My point as the OP was that it would be nice to know little things, like how many passengers on board, Covid situation, any port issues, embarkation and disembarkation. Simple things. Don't need food pics.

There used to be posts of this sort before Covid and they seem to have stopped.

This I agree with!  

• Like 1

Because people are on vacation and are actually enjoying their vacation - and spending time with their travelling companions. They may not feel the urge to provide a minute by minute running commentary for you.

Believe it or not there are people that actually like to disconnect.

I, and over 100 others followed, and enjoyed the recent "live from world cruise" thread. To read it, he provided the link to his daily blog.  We optional to read, and was very interesting and informative to me and many others.  Enjoyed his take on everything V Star, and his excursions.  Yes, had some food pics, but not very many.  Was able to re-live some places I've been to, and many, many others I've never seen.  Learned alot.  No monetization.  I chose to follow it everyday.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FetaCheese said:

I, and over 100 others followed, and enjoyed the recent "live from world cruise" thread. To read it, he provided the link to his daily blog.  We optional to read, and was very interesting and informative to me and many others.  Enjoyed his take on everything V Star, and his excursions.  Yes, had some food pics, but not very many.  Was able to re-live some places I've been to, and many, many others I've never seen.  Learned alot.  No monetization.  I chose to follow it everyday.  

World cruise blogs are my secret pleasure. I applaud those who do their blogs. Every year I have collected urls of all the ATW blogs I can find and follow them living it vicariously. 

I popped over to read the one on the celebrity board and it was a bit much. I like the daily happenings, the fun, the cabin pictures, I don’t need the minutiae. 

I think there is a fine line between me me me and cruise cruise cruise. 

My 50th birthday TA trip was one of my many live from failings, I reported on the main stuff but fell over on the in-depth because I was having such a good time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ToxM said:

World cruise blogs are my secret pleasure. I applaud those who do their blogs. Every year I have collected urls of all the ATW blogs I can find and follow them living it vicariously. 

I popped over to read the one on the celebrity board and it was a bit much. I like the daily happenings, the fun, the cabin pictures, I don’t need the minutiae. 

I think there is a fine line between me me me and cruise cruise cruise. 

My 50th birthday TA trip was one of my many live from failings, I reported on the main stuff but fell over on the in-depth because I was having such a good time!

I also enjoy reading the actual cruise reviews, on-board experience, entertainment, food quality in the restaurants, service of the crew, especially the port excursions for the places we plan to get off the ship.  Of course people can write and include whatever they want, it’s their review and I draw the line for me when it does become me me me almost second grayish as in the Celebrity post that I referenced.  

4 hours ago, ToxM said:

Not a failing in my book! 

• Thanks 1

I don't need to see play by play either.  I am assuming (and I hope I'm not making an "ass" of myself) that no news is good news and that there have not been any more mass Covid breakouts on recent cruises and that food and service have been good.