Royal Website is a Royal Pain in the....

Yeah, they are pretty bad.  I've been in software development for nearly 40 years now and am currently heading up a total rewrite of my company's software as a web-based application.  I have a virtually unlimited supply of examples showing "what NOT to do!"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Yeah, they are pretty bad.  I've been in software development for nearly 40 years now and am currently heading up a total rewrite of my company's software as a web-based application.  I have a virtually unlimited supply of examples showing "what NOT to do!"

I've been trying to convince them to hire me and pay in cruise credits, but, alas no response.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Different Computer, Different Browser

Screenshot 2022-06-21 141630.png

Yep, it's not you.   While it may be true that many cruise lines have website issues, I just see RCCL's as just bad.   Technical glitches, info hard to find and it's just not user friendly.   I know the "defenders" will jump on me, but Carnival's website is way easier to navigate (gasp)!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Longhorn Cruiser said:

Is there a major worldwide company with a worse website/IT than RCL?

They spend billions on ships and nothing on the technology to actually make money on those ships.

Don't they realize there is a problem?

Screenshot 2022-06-21 112624.png

Yes there is.  Disney

• Haha 1

I have poked around on some other cruise line websites, including MSC, and none of them are very good.  I've even used som TA websites, and while some of them are better than RCCL, some of them are actually much worse.  Even though they may have versatile search and comparison tools, there was a couple that I considered booking through, but the process to do that became so tedious, I just quit trying.