Constellation

gotcha3

I sailed my 5th cruise on the Constellation in April 2022.  She was supposed to refurbished in April 2020 but the refurbishment had to be cancelled due to Covid19 and cruises being shut down.  To the best of my knowledge she has not been rescheduled.  I still love her and her crew and we had an awesome 10 night cruise.

• Like 3

We sailed 21 days on her in January and had a great time.  As said above, some of the areas have been refurbished as far as new upholstery and so on, and some not.  But overall she was in good shape and I would not hesitate to book her again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

We sailed 21 days on her in January and had a great time.  As said above, some of the areas have been refurbished as far as new upholstery and so on, and some not.  But overall she was in good shape and I would not hesitate to book her again.

We were on for 23 days in May, and I concur. 

The only complaint would be the awful guy who ran trivia. The ship itself, and the rest of the crew were just lovely. 

I love that Celebrity has her doing 12 night cruises out of Tampa. There are no other decent options from Tampa as they are mostly Carnival or short 3,4,5 nights.

We have been avoiding booking Connie even though the port is only a quick 1 hour drive since she has not been updated in many years. I thought someone posted earlier there were no gaps in her schedule up to 2024 which is disappointing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WNcruiser said:

I love that Celebrity has her doing 12 night cruises out of Tampa. There are no other decent options from Tampa as they are mostly Carnival or short 3,4,5 nights.

We have been avoiding booking Connie even though the port is only a quick 1 hour drive since she has not been updated in many years. I thought someone posted earlier there were no gaps in her schedule up to 2024 which is disappointing. 

IMHO you may be missing out on a great time. No, she has not been revolutionized but has had many cosmetic changes in recent times and overall is in very good shape.  Your choice of course but just saying she may not be nearly as worn as you may think she is.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

IMHO you may be missing out on a great time. No, she has not been revolutionized but has had many cosmetic changes in recent times and overall is in very good shape.  Your choice of course but just saying she may not be nearly as worn as you may think she is.

It’s not that I think she is worn, but we usually sail in the retreat. I don’t believe she has a retreat deck and I don’t care for the dark woods and browns in the suites compared to the much updated contemporary feel like Millie and Summit have. 

I appreciate the info about the cosmetic changes though…we may just have to try her out. 

1 hour ago, JohnGinPBG said:

I am.John and Sue from Palm Beach Gardens That's quite a strong roll call!

I know...RIGHT!  Go on over to that roll call and put your name in. They are keeping track of everybody's info....glad to have you.

17 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

It’s not that I think she is worn, but we usually sail in the retreat. I don’t believe she has a retreat deck and I don’t care for the dark woods and browns in the suites compared to the much updated contemporary feel like Millie and Summit have. 

I appreciate the info about the cosmetic changes though…we may just have to try her out. 

I understand what you are saying.  We did sail in a Sky Suite, but as we often sail in Aqua Class it was quite a treat for us just being in a suite.  The room furniture had definitely not changed, and probably my biggest issue with that was the old TV.  Didn't even have the pay for view movies or anything.  Another problem was the tub in the bathroom.  Fine for me for my 6'3" husband couldn't even stand up straight!  I would assume that when revolutionizing they will fix that problem.  Not a game changer for sure but a hassle for him.  We had a nice hump balcony and spent alot of time there - for one thing at the time you needed to wear a mask everywhere onboard so it was nice to just chill there.  Also, I've found on the recent times we've been in suites we don't use the retreat deck much anyway.  On Apex in December, we never could find a lounge or chair in the shade.  Unfortunately chair hogs come at all levels of cruisers.  We did enjoy Michaels Club and prefer the more comfortable style in there to the revised style on revolutionized ships, although the Retreat Lounge on Edge class ships are awesome!

21 hours ago, FLCruiser97 said:

I know...RIGHT!  Go on over to that roll call and put your name in. They are keeping track of everybody's info....glad to have you.

I'm already on it. Been there for quite a while.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 11:18 AM, MamaFej said:

We were on for 23 days in May, and I concur. 

The only complaint would be the awful guy who ran trivia. The ship itself, and the rest of the crew were just lovely. 

Wonder if it was the same guy who ran the golf putting in April.  He needs to go to Carnival as not Celebrity ready.