Will we feel out of place?

HC2023

On 6/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, HC2023 said:

Thanks all!

Looking at an 11 night one in the med next summer. We are lucky we get quick a generous annual leave amount.

I love the itinerary and my other half is happy as long as he is well fed and watered!

You will love it.  My partner and I booked an 11 day med cruise the year we turned 30 to celebrate.  Met tons of great folks onboard, of all age rangers but all avid travelers like us so we had plenty to talk to.  In fact, we ran into his fraternity brother on board, who he hadn't seen in almost a decade who was on the cruise to celebrate his honeymoon! Trip was a blast.

• Like 2

Hi 👋🏻 we sailed Reflection in May, Greece Italy & Turkey cruise, 11 nights, we are old ish (50/60) and took our son and his girlfriend (23/20) and safe to say they LOVED it! Our sons girlfriend had never cruised before, and she fell in love with the ship, cocktails by the pool, silent disco, martini bar, food, seeing dolphins, all of it! Here is our short video review if it helps persuade you…warning, cruising is addictive! I can’t help you there… 🤣

On 6/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, HC2023 said:

Hi all!

New to cruising but after a glowing review from a colleague we are thinking of a Celebrity Cruise next year on the Beyond.

We are late 20's/early 30's and just wondering if we will feel out of place (? too young) on a cruise. 

We like laid back experiences, notreally into crazy partying (I am usually in bed by 11pm haha!) and usually our european holidays are 5* resorts.

We love sightseeing, relaxing around the pool and nice bars for drinking cocktails.

Just hoping that we will fit in and not feel too young!

OK, now that the paid shills for Celebrity and/or the posters who failed Economics 101, have all posted let's get real here. You are young. Celebrity passengers are overwhelmingly old, like me. Winked. Decrepit. Grumpy. And all we want to talk about is their grandkids and their 401(k)'s (Yanks' pension plans since you are a Brit.) Oh, by the way all the Yanks on board still hate you guys for some silly 300 year old tax on tea! And they will drive you crazy talking about some game they play called football where you don't really have to use your feet! Much better off if you take your cruising DEMAND to another cruise line that also has limited SUPPLY. Carnival and NCL cruisers would love to pay more for their WONDERFUL AGE FREINDLY cruises because you would be supplying more DEMAND by booking there.  

Updated

Mrs. Dawg just came downstairs  and told me she booked a Med cruise for us in 2023 and it's on the Beyond. So our cruise fare is all locked in. You will love Celebrity! Very friendly mature (ish)  folks on board. Go right ahead and book now.  😉

Edited by DirtyDawg

8 minutes ago, DirtyDawg said:

OK, now that the paid shills for Celebrity and/or the posters who failed Economics 101, have all posted let's get real here. You are young. Celebrity passengers are overwhelmingly old, like me. Winked. Decrepit. Grumpy. And all we want to talk about is our grandkids and our 401(k)'s (Yanks' pension plans since you are a Brit.) Oh, by the way all the Yanks on board still hate you guys for some silly 300 year old tax on tea! And they will drive you crazy talking about some game they play called football where you don't really have to use your feet! Much better off if you take your cruising DEMAND to another cruise line that also has limited SUPPLY. Carnival and NCL cruisers would love to pay more for their WONDERFUL AGE FREINDLY cruises because you would be supplying more DEMAND by booking there.  

It was taxation without representation.

If football players don’t use their feet, how do they move?

NCL was ok but IMHO only because we were eating in Cagney’s and we were in South America.  If we had to eat in the buffet for every meal I just wouldn’t enjoy it as much.  That’s why I book Aqua/Blu on Celebrity.

11 hours ago, ladylemondrop said:

Hi 👋🏻 we sailed Reflection in May, Greece Italy & Turkey cruise, 11 nights, we are old ish (50/60) and took our son and his girlfriend (23/20) and safe to say they LOVED it! Our sons girlfriend had never cruised before, and she fell in love with the ship, cocktails by the pool, silent disco, martini bar, food, seeing dolphins, all of it! Here is our short video review if it helps persuade you…warning, cruising is addictive! I can’t help you there… 🤣

Amazing video! I will confess I have already seen it on another holiday forum and it was that combined with my best friend's mum who has sent me down this cruise black hole! 😂😂

• Like 1

That depends entirely on you. My son's girlfriend did a Baltic cruise with her Aunt at 23. She was WAY younger than the average cruiser and without a buddy her age. She had a fantastic time! She made lots of fiends on the crew and trivia players.

Edited by JuliaMS
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, HC2023 said:

Amazing video! I will confess I have already seen it on another holiday forum and it was that combined with my best friend's mum who has sent me down this cruise black hole! 😂😂

Cruise black hole! Ha ha! I think you will love it. There is something wonderful and magical about waking up to the sea glistening, and being in a new place without packing, walking from dinner to show to bar to bed, and being rocked gently to sleep with a really full belly. Its bliss. 

Edited by ladylemondrop

Hi all!

New to cruising but after a glowing review from a colleague we are thinking of a Celebrity Cruise next year on the Beyond.

We are late 20's/early 30's and just wondering if we will feel out of place (? too young) on a cruise. 

We like laid back experiences, notreally into crazy partying (I am usually in bed by 11pm haha!) and usually our european holidays are 5* resorts.

We love sightseeing, relaxing around the pool and nice bars for drinking cocktails.

Sounds like u will be just fine. The beauty of cruising is do what u want. 

We starting taking my son on Celebrity cruises when he was 13 and he sailed with us well into his 30's.  I don't think he ever felt out of place (although I can't lie and say as a teen who would have rather sailed on a Royal ship with more 'fun' stuff for that age).  I've seen people of all ages on my 65+ Celebrity cruises and I wouldn't worry about it a bit.  Just as information - the shorter the cruise the younger the crowd.  If you sail a 7 or fewer days out of Lauderdale that stops in Key West for example, there will be a good number of people in their 20's - 40's.  If you sail a 10+ day cruise the crowd will skew older, and depending on time of year might be considerably older.  When Celebrity used to offer the 14 night deep Caribbean cruises in my 60's I often felt like a youngster!  But it really doesn't matter at all.  If you enjoyed a more laid back, classy without being stuffy atmosphere you will like Celebrity just fine no matter your age.

Hi all!

I started on Celebrity Cruises when I was in my mid 20's. I am now in my late 40's and Celebrity is still the cruise line I prefer. 

Yes, the age demographic tends to skew a little older, but I have never felt like I was on a senior citizen cruise. There are plenty of young people as well. Even my daughter who is a teenager prefers Celebrity over Royal Caribbean. That is saying something when you have a teen, they are notoriously hard to please!!  LOL 🤣

If you prefer laid back and 5-star then I think you'll be happy with X. 

On 6/26/2022 at 10:30 PM, phoenix_dream said:

We starting taking my son on Celebrity cruises when he was 13 and he sailed with us well into his 30's.  I don't think he ever felt out of place (although I can't lie and say as a teen who would have rather sailed on a Royal ship with more 'fun' stuff for that age).  I've seen people of all ages on my 65+ Celebrity cruises and I wouldn't worry about it a bit.  Just as information - the shorter the cruise the younger the crowd.  If you sail a 7 or fewer days out of Lauderdale that stops in Key West for example, there will be a good number of people in their 20's - 40's.  If you sail a 10+ day cruise the crowd will skew older, and depending on time of year might be considerably older.  When Celebrity used to offer the 14 night deep Caribbean cruises in my 60's I often felt like a youngster!  But it really doesn't matter at all.  If you enjoyed a more laid back, classy without being stuffy atmosphere you will like Celebrity just fine no matter your age.

Not such a problem for cruises in Europe as we get more holiday/vacation time - minimum in the UK for full-time employees is 4 weeks.

Just do it.

You might be among the youngest on board or maybe THE youngest, but as long as you are not expecting a Spring Break cruise experience with alcoholic coma and orgies, you should be fine.

Crew usually is also quite young and happy to connect with some folks who can still hear them talk during the first effort  🤣

No really, just go. If all goes wrong, you will at least still have yourselves, which should be kinda enough whilst being in your age group 🥰

I’m 28 and Celebrity are my line of choice! The decor (especially of the Edge class ships) is really modern, the food is amazing and the cocktails are incredible. 

The Edge class are probably the only “major” line I would class as being a boutique hotel at sea. 

My sister and I joined our parents on a cruise on a 10n cruise in the Caribbean in February. Despite being in the minority, we had the most amazing time. Went to bed in the early hours with sore heads the next morning! Everyone you chat to is so friendly, and the silent discos and dj around the martini bar is so much fun. 

I enjoy Royal Caribbean from time to time, but I don’t think the food/service/ships are as nice as Celebrity. They are activity and family focused. 

10night in Europe should be a good mix of age. I don’t know if you’re American or British; but as we get 5 weeks holiday in the U.K., you find younger people doing the longer cruises out of Europe. 7 nights out of the US have a younger crowd for sure.

Enjoy!! 

6 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

Just do it.

You might be among the youngest on board or maybe THE youngest, but as long as you are not expecting a Spring Break cruise experience with alcoholic coma and orgies, you should be fine.

Crew usually is also quite young and happy to connect with some folks who can still hear them talk during the first effort  🤣

No really, just go. If all goes wrong, you will at least still have yourselves, which should be kinda enough whilst being in your age group 🥰

What if someone was looking for an orgy cruise?  How does that work exactly?  Have I been traveling on the wrong cruise line?

Asking for a friend.  😇

Edited by zitsky