New Amex Offer - Check your cards

1 hour ago, renza said:

Your excursion and any packages you buy will be covered. All it looks for is a charge to royal. I had offers I used last year. 

Although you are likely correct, I note that this terms and conditions are more specific this time around and seem to apply to only bookings. I don't recall that language there last time (I've done two of these before). Amex may get Level III transaction data which could allow them to distinguish the type of purchase even if the merchant is the same.

1 hour ago, publicpersona said:

Although you are likely correct, I note that this terms and conditions are more specific this time around and seem to apply to only bookings. I don't recall that language there last time (I've done two of these before). Amex may get Level III transaction data which could allow them to distinguish the type of purchase even if the merchant is the same.

Does booking mean only time of booking, or can it be used for final payment? Last time I was able to use it for an upgrade to a suite.

33 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

Does booking mean only time of booking, or can it be used for final payment? Last time I was able to use it for an upgrade to a suite.

I just used it as a $500 payment on a booking that I already had.  Yes it can be used for final payment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those of you seeing the offer today, have you used the Royal Caribbean Amex offer recently? I used it about 6-8 months ago. I'm not seeing the offer now so wondering if I'm ineligible?

• Like 1

Just now, robmtx said:

For those of you seeing the offer today, have you used the Royal Caribbean Amex offer recently? I used it about 6-8 months ago. I'm not seeing the offer now so wondering if I'm ineligible?

This is the first time I have had it.  I did not have it last year when others did.  I tried that trick of adding offers to my card but I still never got it

1 hour ago, robmtx said:

I used this type of offer last time around (as well as similar offer on Player 2's card), and I do see this offer available to me now. As I said above, the language sounds more restrictive than what I remembered, but not sure.

Offer valid on cruise bookings made online at https://www.royalcaribbean.com, by calling 1-866-562-7625 or booked through your Travel Professional. Reservations must be booked on US website only. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Excludes onboard purchases, e-gift card and physical gift card purchases made online, transfers/transportation to the ship, MGM Resort International Joint Vacation and Royal Wedding Packages. Excludes Celebrity Cruise, TUI Cruises and Silversea brands.

1 minute ago, publicpersona said:

I used this type of offer last time around (as well as similar offer on Player 2's card), and I do see this offer available to me now.

My Player 2 doesn't have it either. We both used it last time and I confirmed that was Dec 18, 2021. 

Dang really would love to get it again. There's not shortage of invoices I could pay on. Nothing in the fine print would exclude a payment on an invoice as it doesn't specifically say "new bookings only" which is nice.

32 minutes ago, robmtx said:

My Player 2 doesn't have it either. We both used it last time and I confirmed that was Dec 18, 2021. 

Dang really would love to get it again. There's not shortage of invoices I could pay on. Nothing in the fine print would exclude a payment on an invoice as it doesn't specifically say "new bookings only" which is nice.

I always get the offers and use them on my Amex Blue Sky. I got the recent spend $500 get $125 credit. I used the offer to purchase one UBP and I got the credit last week. The charge was posted on the 15th and the credit on the 16th. That said Amex is tightening the strings on these offers. You used to be able to get them on additional card holder cards but now it’s just one per account. I usually get them on my Everyday Card but I didn’t have the RC offer there but did have the Celebrity and the Norwegian offer so maybe it’s only one offer per person no matter how many different cards you have with them?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, robmtx said:

Same here. Got the last one but not this time. Kind of bummed since I have a final payment coming up this Friday.

16 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I usually get them on my Everyday Card but I didn’t have the RC offer there but did have the Celebrity and the Norwegian offer so maybe it’s only one offer per person no matter how many different cards you have with them?

It must be... I tried to put the Celebrity offer on both my gold and plat Amex cards, and it would only let me add it to one.

• Like 1

I have two Amex cards. One Hilton and one Everyday. Never received an RCL offer, just Norwegian on the Everyday card. I keep checking though!

Edited by Mary&Jim
Typo
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2022 at 10:55 AM, publicpersona said:

Same as before. It looked like only for booking but it just has to say royal and it’s covered 

6 hours ago, greatestvalue said:

Its one offer for ALL cards.  Once you put it on 1 card, it wont usually allow you to add it on the next card. 

Right, I was using my example to answer Jerseygirl's question. 

14 hours ago, exm said:

I wonder I don't get these RC offers since I always use my Chase Sapphire Reserve for cruise payments.

I doubt that. I use CSR for almost all travel as well, but I've gotten the Royal (and Celebrity) offers at Amex. It is possible for Amex to have that info via Royal, but that would be an unusual data sharing arrangement.

There are some that advise adding as many Amex offers to your card as possible in order to generate replacement offers quickly (up to the limit of 100), but that sounds like too much work to me.

• Like 2