New Rolling Stone Lounges

emerald sea

Just returned from Alaska on Zuiderdam, the BB King Lounge was changed to Rolling Stone Lounge, great upgrade! A great band upgrade as well. They played more classic rock than blues! I noticed that Koningsdam has changed the lounge to Rolling Stone already. Does anyone know if the Nieuw Amsterdam lounge has changed to Rolling Stone yet?

thanks for your input!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, emerald sea said:

I noticed that Koningsdam has changed the lounge to Rolling Stone already. ?????

The Koningsdam has always had BOTH the BB King Blues Club AND the Rolling Stone Rock Room in separate locations since its inauguration. 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

I wonder if HAL will use the (new) Rolling Stones Lounges on the Vista ships as a hybrid of the Rock and BBKings and whatever else.  On the Pinnacle Class they are leaving as is, both the rock and BBKings in their separate rooms.

I think this would be a very good idea if they did.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

Well, I was on Zuiderdam 6/1 to 6/15 and they did the changeover between the sailings.

I preferred the BB Kings band.  There's a thread here already about it.

I was also onboard for the 2 weeks. I thought that the new band was better. I’m not much of a blues person. What did you think about Dino the stand up comedian?

5 hours ago, taxmantoo said:

The Koningsdam has always had BOTH the BB King Blues Club AND the Rolling Stone Rock Room in separate locations since its inauguration. 

Didn’t realize that they had both. 2 venues would be nice.

• Like 2

We were always disappointed in the extremely short list of approved songs HAL allowed in B.B.King on all HAL ships. The tremendous talent and instrumentation with horns offered endless possibilities. Properly trained sound engineers would also help in a very acousticly challenging room.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, emerald sea said:

Didn’t realize that they had both. 2 venues would be nice.

All of the Pinnacle class ships have both BB King and Rolling Stones Lounge. It seems some of the Vista class is changing over to Rolling Stones. Check the already existing discussion. 

3 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

All of the Pinnacle class ships have both BB King and Rolling Stones Lounge.

Along with an expansion of dining venues, this is a significant improvement that the Pinnacle Class ships offer to her guests.