dinner reservations on Regent Navigator

Borna

I'm booked on an 11 day cruise on Navigator.  

I understand I can make one dinner reservation at each restaurant in advance, correct?

If I want to eat multiple times at a particular restaurant that requires reservations (Prime 7), will I be able to book additional reservations once onboard?

In order to increase my chances of being able to book multiple times at a particular restaurant, when is it best to book in advance my one reservation?  Toward the end of the cruise, or beginning, or does it make any difference?

Thanks to you experienced Regent voyagers.

Prime 7 is only reservation restaurant on navigator; you are correct you only get one reservation.  If you want multiple best to make your reservation early in the cruise and then ask for second afterwards.  If you don’t mind sharing table you can probably get many opportunities to eat in Prime 7. 

• Like 2

mrlevin is correct. We did the navigator last month, booked our pre-reservation the first sea day. We had no trouble getting two additional Prime 7 reservations once on the ship.  We shared.  One of the reservations was a little later than we prefer but it was still excellent.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FengShui@Sea said:

Ask your butler as early as possible for the dates you want.  They can sometimes preform miracles! 

About 70% of the cabins don’t have a butler and we have the same right to additional bookings. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

About 70% of the cabins don’t have a butler and we have the same right to additional bookings. 

No one said you didn’t.  The OP is in a penthouse, and my experience is that the butlers are very eager to be of assistance.

Always keeping in mind, of course, that dining in Compass Rose isn't a bad thing.  You have an always-available option as well as a rotating menu, and you can order pretty much anything you want with 24 hours notice (if they have the ingredients, that is).  The specialty restaurants are nice, but don't discount CR, or Sette Mari for that matter.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Always keeping in mind, of course, that dining in Compass Rose isn't a bad thing.  You have an always-available option as well as a rotating menu, and you can order pretty much anything you want with 24 hours notice (if they have the ingredients, that is).  The specialty restaurants are nice, but don't discount CR, or Sette Mari for that matter.

Its horrible to have to order lobster, scallops and filet off the everyday menu in Compass Rose. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All:  

Based on numerous previous experiences on ALL Regent ships--except Splendor (upon which our 03/14/2020 segment was canceled while we were at Regent's designated San Diego hotel awaiting next-day boarding)--

and re-experienced when aboard Explorer's 10-11/2021 segment from Barcelona to Miami:

Guests can, basically, have any dinner entre' with accompanying dishes at Compass Rose offered either on--or off that night's gigantic Menu, on any night, throughout your cruise. 

You need but to ask--in a polite way--for a specific preference.  Some of which might require 24-48 hours' advance notice.  You want Steak and Eggs at dinner?  No problem.  I am NOT kidding, having observed same. 

You want Lobster and Steak every evening?  No problem.  These are really-easy 'gets. That is why Regent offers, and delivers a 5+star experience.  Yes, as a 5+star price.  

How about a traditional Indian dinner?  That will require advance notice.  How about having Miso-glazed Sea Bass or Cod accompanied with sticky rice?  That entre' usually shows up at-least once on any voyage segment.  It is an instant hit. Want to repeat it?  That will require a heads-up for the next time you will be at Compass Rose.  

Really, no big deal on any of this.  

Spouse and self anticipate similar experience(s) when boarding Mariner at L.A. on October 3rd.  Lots of miso-glazed sea bass in our future.  

GOARMY!

• Like 2

The specialty restaurants are a nice change when on a longer cruise.  But we really enjoy the Compass Rose menu as many have stated here.  I will make our one reservation per restaurant when it opens up on line, but not really concerned  if we get another reservation during the trip.  We really enjoy not being on much of a schedule (except excursions and trivia) and specialty restaurants add one more schedule item to plan for (Regents does send a nice reminder the day before the scheduled reservation).

1 hour ago, mj_holiday said:

The specialty restaurants are a nice change when on a longer cruise.  But we really enjoy the Compass Rose menu as many have stated here.  I will make our one reservation per restaurant when it opens up on line, but not really concerned  if we get another reservation during the trip.  We really enjoy not being on much of a schedule (except excursions and trivia) and specialty restaurants add one more schedule item to plan for (Regents does send a nice reminder the day before the scheduled reservation).

Well, I figure that between Compass Rose's options, up to three specialty restaurants, Sette Mari, and room service there's no lack of dining options...but I can't speak for longer cruises, I think our longest on Regent so far is 14 nights.  We have 16- and 19-night cruises booked, but until we're both officially retired and pet-free anything beyond that isn't really an option.  

I can see where additional specialty reservations could come in handy on longer voyages.