Vaccine card changes?

Hi. I check in tomorrow for my cruise. If I upload a copy of my vaccine card tomorrow with 2 shots + 1 booster, but then get my second booster in July, will they give me any issues upon boarding? Since the card I uploaded will not match the one I bring in person? Or should I wait until I get my second booster to upload the card? 

I read it takes a long time (days to weeks?) to process the vaccine records in their system so I don’t want to put it off if I don’t have to.

Edited by jerseygirl629

6 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Hi. I check in tomorrow for my cruise. If I upload a copy of my vaccine card tomorrow with 2 shots + 1 booster, but then get my second booster in July, will they give me any issues upon boarding? Since the card I uploaded will not match the one I bring in person? Or should I wait until I get my second booster to upload the card? 

I read it takes a long time (days to weeks?) to process the vaccine records in their system so I don’t want to put it off if I don’t have to.

Check in when it becomes available to do so and wait to upload you vaccine card.  Not worth confusing things.  It took less than 12 hours for my vaccine card to be validate once we were actually able to upload them.  Ours were not even availalable to upload until a few weeks before sailing, though check-in was available earlier.

34 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Check in when it becomes available to do so and wait to upload you vaccine card.  Not worth confusing things.  It took less than 12 hours for my vaccine card to be validate once we were actually able to upload them.  Ours were not even availalable to upload until a few weeks before sailing, though check-in was available earlier.

It just took 18 days for ours to be validated after doing check in the day it opened for our July cruise.   For the 4 cruises we've done since restart it's taken anywhere from a couple of days to two weeks.

I've never understood that they even compare what you upload to what you present at the pier.  The pre-board verification seems to be so that they know if they are getting their fully vaccinated numbers in line.

As far as the check at the pier, it's still anyone's guess as to why they do it.  It could be that they want a hands-on check.  It could be that they never put in some infrastructure to let the pier know what got uploaded (because no one ever thought this would go on this long).  Regardless, I don't think it'll matter one way or another.

We had the second booster twelve days before we sailed.  I was afraid that a misinformed agent at the pier would deny us because it wasn’t fourteen days before the cruise, so I just didn’t include it when I uploaded.  Luckily, our original cards were full and a second card was used for the latest boosters.  

1 hour ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Okay so - I should or shouldn’t wait to upload? 🤣 

will I need to re-upload the updated cards? 

Upload what you have now, no problem, no need to upload again with the new booster

or

Upload your card after your new booster, no problem

or

Don't upload a card at all, and just take your card to the pier with you, no problem

My wife and I just got off the Mariner of the Seas yesterday, and my wife had your exact situation.

We submitted her card with her J&J vaccine (1 shot) and she got the booster a month before the cruise and we forgot to upload the new card with both shots.

No problem at the dock (Port Canaveral).  However YMMV

• Like 1