Post Viking Promos

Clay Clayton

2 hours ago, EchoIsland said:

While I'm very happy for all who are able to take advantage of these Promo Codes, it is disappointing that Viking does not provide similar offers to other nationalities.  As a Canadian about to take our fourth Viking cruise we have never received (or seen) any such offers and all the ones I have seen posted so far appear to be for US residents only.  I get that we are a much smaller market, but I would be happy to pay in US $$, as we were able to do on our first Viking River cruise.  

We gave Viking a different email address than the one we use to book cruises with Viking and we get promos almost every day now. We’re already booked on the San Juan to Barcelona TA on March 15, so this promo isn’t useful for us. 

Edited by millybess

47 minutes ago, millybess said:

We gave Viking a different email address than the one we use to book cruises with Viking and we get promos almost every day now. We’re already booked on the San Juan to Barcelona TA on March 15, so this promo isn’t useful for us. 

Good idea!  Been using the same email so maybe that's why we never get promos sent to us.  I figured they only sent them to those who hadn't traveled much.

20 hours ago, EchoIsland said:

While I'm very happy for all who are able to take advantage of these Promo Codes, it is disappointing that Viking does not provide similar offers to other nationalities.  As a Canadian about to take our fourth Viking cruise we have never received (or seen) any such offers and all the ones I have seen posted so far appear to be for US residents only.  I get that we are a much smaller market, but I would be happy to pay in US $$, as we were able to do on our first Viking River cruise.  

17 hours ago, millybess said:

Same code for Canadians. 

In addition to Millybess’ post, I believe I have heard of Canadian citizens using a US based travel agent and therefore being able to take advantage of US promos.  Of course it means you loose whatever protections that Canadian laws include.  

9 hours ago, EchoIsland said:

The Viking Rep I spoke with advised Viking would no longer permit Canadians to pay with US $, so it seems unlikely that a US Travel Agent would be able to assist.  However, I'll check it out for a future booking.  Thanks.

Do have a look at that. I suspect that the Viking rule you were quoted applied to direct bookings with them. It's hard to see how they could prohibit Canadians from working with a US TA - which I would expect defaults to USD. 🍺🥌

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

In addition to Millybess’ post, I believe I have heard of Canadian citizens using a US based travel agent and therefore being able to take advantage of US promos.  Of course it means you loose whatever protections that Canadian laws include.  

"Protection laws? We don't need no steenking protection laws"! 🤣

From everything I read regarding air travel during the pandemic, the US appeared to have much better consumer protection ... score one for our southern brethren! 🍺🥌

On 1/27/2023 at 10:40 AM, EchoIsland said:

On 1/27/2023 at 1:10 PM, millybess said:

Same code for Canadians. 

As @millybess said, the same Offer Codes for the U.S. residents appears to apply to our Canadian neighbors as well.  When clicking on the promotions links we often post, you can usually replace the "'/us/" with "/ca/" in the URL to get the Canadian version of the offer.  For example, in the Transatlantic offer TAS23 that @Selion recently posted, the specifically make reference to the CA dollars and CA residents in the offer details (found by clicking the offer code at the bottom of the web page).  Although sometimes they haven't tailored the offer details to the country and continue to reference U.S..

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/TAS23/20230123/

Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 27 to Jan 31, 2023. Free stateroom upgrade within category up to Penthouse Veranda (PV1) plus free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on Mar 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; Mar 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain; Mar 13, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Jan 31, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023. 

https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/ocean/TAS23/20230123/

Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 27 to Jan 31, 2023. Free stateroom upgrade within category up to Penthouse Veranda (PV1) plus free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on Mar 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; Mar 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain; Mar 13, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing. Call for details. Prices are in CAD dollars and for CA residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures; call for details. Book by Jan 31, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FetaCheese said:

S. Atl. Crossing:. Considering this cruise, nice itin., good offer.  Lots of Sea days.  DV's going fast, since I started looking last week.  Anyone know if grats are free?  Will call V tomorrow.  Go Eagles!

They weren’t on the promo I saw listed but our TA provided onboard credit covers it.  Maybe find a TA who does the same?

7 hours ago, UWDawg said:

As @millybess said, the same Offer Codes for the U.S. residents appears to apply to our Canadian neighbors as well.  When clicking on the promotions links we often post, you can usually replace the "'/us/" with "/ca/" in the URL to get the Canadian version of the offer.  For example, in the Transatlantic offer TAS23 that @Selion recently posted, the specifically make reference to the CA dollars and CA residents in the offer details (found by clicking the offer code at the bottom of the web page).  Although sometimes they haven't tailored the offer details to the country and continue to reference U.S..

https://www.viking.com/promotions/us/ocean/TAS23/20230123/

Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 27 to Jan 31, 2023. Free stateroom upgrade within category up to Penthouse Veranda (PV1) plus free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on Mar 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; Mar 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain; Mar 13, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing. Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Book by Jan 31, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023. 

https://www.viking.com/promotions/ca/ocean/TAS23/20230123/

Offer valid on bookings made from Jan 27 to Jan 31, 2023. Free stateroom upgrade within category up to Penthouse Veranda (PV1) plus free roundtrip airfare and complimentary Silver Spirits Beverage Package valid on Mar 21, 2023 departure of Atlantic Ocean Passage; Mar 15, 2023 departure of West Indies to Spain; Mar 13, 2023 departure of Southern Atlantic Crossing. Call for details. Prices are in CAD dollars and for CA residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Airfares vary on other itineraries, gateways and departures; call for details. Book by Jan 31, 2023; pay in full at time of booking. Offer expires Jan 31, 2023. 

I appreciate all the input.  I'll try this on the next promo code that interests us.  We are boarding the Viking Sea in San Juan tomorrow ... first cruise since the Pandemic! ☺️

• Like 1

18 hours ago, EchoIsland said:

I appreciate all the input.  I'll try this on the next promo code that interests us.  We are boarding the Viking Sea in San Juan tomorrow ... first cruise since the Pandemic! ☺️

You can ask the onboard sales person to try the code for you. Have a great cruise!

If anyone sees a promo code for Southern Atlantic Crossing cruise for Nov 2023 -- Please POST it!!  The code that is active now TAS23 is free air, cabin upgrade, special rate..and is a very good deal.  But it is for the March 2023 cruise Only.  

Thank you!!

50 minutes ago, milling73 said:

If anyone sees a promo code for Southern Atlantic Crossing cruise for Nov 2023 -- Please POST it!!  The code that is active now TAS23 is free air, cabin upgrade, special rate..and is a very good deal.  But it is for the March 2023 cruise Only.  

Thank you!!

I'm assuming Viking  is sweeting the offer on the March, 2023 crossing because it is coming up soon and they want to attempt to fill the remaining cabins.  We probably won't see similar deals on the Nov 2023 sailing for quite a while.

Edited by farmecologist
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, farmecologist said:

I'm assuming Viking  is sweeting the offer on the March, 2023 crossing because it is coming up soon and they want to attempt to fill the remaining cabins.  We probably won't see similar deals on the Nov 2023 sailing for quite a while.

Offer extended to 17 Feb. Considering, but air routing to AEP is like min 20 hours, 2 stops from Philly.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:47 PM, farmecologist said:

I’m on the March 15th sailing, booked when we received free air and upgrade to DV1.  New promo with free beverage is much higher than we paid.  So with my TA sbc, we will purchase beverage pkg.  

• Like 2

Ocean Promo

Free Category Upgrade (V to DV1)

$499 Air

Promo Code WMD23

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/cruise-destinations/mediterranean/index.html?promoCode=WMD23

Ends Feb 28, 2023

Offer WMD23: Offer valid on bookings made from Feb 7 to Feb 28, 2023. Free category upgrade up to Deluxe Veranda (DV1) valid on

Nov & Dec 2023 departures of Cities of Antiquity & the Holy Land;

Nov & Dec 2023; Jan & Mar 2024 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities;

Oct 2023; Feb & Mar 2024 departures of Italy, the Adriatic & Greece;

Oct 2023; Jan & Mar 2024 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities.

Call for details. Prices are in US dollars and for US residents only. Air does not have to be purchased to get cruise/tour offer. All fares reflect cruise taxes, port taxes and fees. Additional restrictions may apply. Book by Feb 28, 2023; pay in full by Mar 15, 2023. Offer expires Feb 28, 2023.

Air Promo: $499 international airfare based on

Nov & Dec 2023 departures of Cities of Antiquity & the Holy Land;

Nov & Dec 2023; Jan 2024 departures of Mediterranean Antiquities;

Feb 21, 2024 departure of Italy, the Adriatic & Greece;

Jan 10 & 24, 2024 departures of Ancient Mediterranean Antiquities.

Call for details. Air prices are per person based on cruise or cruise tour check-in date and include transfers. Air seats are limited; airfares are subject to change until full payment of air is received. Airfares vary on other gateways and departures. Air offers not valid on Alaska, Hawaii, San Juan and Mexico City; call for details. Ask for Offer WMD23. Offer expires Feb 28, 2023.

Thoughts: $25 deposit hugging all the spot light.  Ocean promos are pretty lackluster compared to what we saw last fall.

• Like 1

I have never received post, emails, messages of any sort from Viking, despite having done a few cruises and having specifically requested that they send me „unsolicited“ information 😅.

But I’m not writing this to complain, as I think this thread is really good, so I probably don’t need Viking to keep me informed personally. However, I’d be more than happy if some UK based cruisers could also share their promotional material. US promotions often include air fare - not much use to us 😉.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 1:57 PM, milling73 said:

Thank you!!

milling 73, This cruise is on the new promo... code WMD23, but no free air (haha...the code made me think of Weapons of Mass Destruction!)

12 hours ago, fairydustca said:

milling 73, This cruise is on the new promo... code WMD23, but no free air (haha...the code made me think of Weapons of Mass Destruction!)

Thanks for this information. We’re also looking at this itinerary. Could you please give some details regarding this promotion code?

2 hours ago, Berlin Bear said:

Thanks for this information. We’re also looking at this itinerary. Could you please give some details regarding this promotion code?

On V website, find your cruise, price and build, enter promo code -- WMD23.  This will load dates and lowest price, along with any applicable offer. A blue star will appear in upper right corner, next to dates on promotion. Or you can call V sales, and tell them the cruise and code.  They will not find code. You have to tell them.

Edited by FetaCheese
Addl info

17 hours ago, fairydustca said:

I don't think the Nov 2023 Barcelona to Buenos Aires cruise is viable for the WMD23 code however.

If you price and build, it says invalid code for this itinerary.

image.png.d670b10ed868fb32870ca79996772f81.png

2 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

I don't think the Nov 2023 Barcelona to Buenos Aires cruise is viable for the WMD23 code however.

If you price and build, it says invalid code for this itinerary.

image.png.d670b10ed868fb32870ca79996772f81.png

The WMD23 code is now on the main page of Viking Ocean but it doesn’t appear to work for any cruise on the page.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/search-cruises/index.html

NEW ITINERARY

NEW CODE  - PAT22.  — RECEIVED EMAIL TODAY!!!   Might be Flash sale 

Patagonian Shores & Chilean Fjords

14 DAYS | Santiago to Ushuaia

FREE Roundtrip Airfare &
FREE Silver Spirits Beverage Package
On Mar 6, 2023 Departure
ASK FOR OFFER: PAT22

Also works for Chilean Fjords & Patagonia Explorer

Received today