Change in HAL Pre-Cruise COVID Test Requirement (June 30, 2022)

Kamfish642

3 hours ago, gerard55 said:

Any Europeans have received the mail from HAL? Untill totdat we have not, to reach the HAL is impossible. After hours on wait the line is disconnected.

Hi there, I’m in the uk and received this email last week. 

53 minutes ago, RoonlouX2 said:

Hi there, I’m in the uk and received this email last week. 

Thanks RoonlouX2. We are are on rhe Rotterdam leaving july 17th (2 weeks). Are you also on this cruise?

4 hours ago, gerard55 said:

Any Europeans have received the mail from HAL? Untill totdat we have not, to reach the HAL is impossible. After hours on wait the line is disconnected.

I'm in the US and never received the email.  Hopefully I'll see you onboard!

3 hours ago, dfish said:

I'm in the US and never received the email.  Hopefully I'll see you onboard!

So we are not the only people who have not heard from the HAL. We will try contacting the HAL the next saus. Hope to see you too, 

25 minutes ago, gerard55 said:

So we are not the only people who have not heard from the HAL. We will try contacting the HAL the next saus. Hope to see you too, 

I wouldn't worry about it too much.  Everyone else in my party received the email.  Ours are just lost in cyberspace somewhere.  The voyage is test free and no one will be asked for test results at the pier.

I live in the Netherlands and had contacted HAL since I am also on the cruise for July 17th and they have confirmed to me this morning that for this cruise starting July 17th no testing is needed, however circumstances might change and we will be informed if anything changes again. They are aware since last Saturday that not evrybody has received the proper e-mail.

11 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Even with pre embarkation testing, people are getting Covid on cruises.  Now that you don’t need a negative Covid test, I am rethinking if I will feel safe on a cruise.  

Ah...you do need a negative test in the vast majority of sailings. They are just testing not requiring a test on THREE cruises.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Ah...you do need a negative test in the vast majority of sailings. They are just testing not requiring a test on THREE cruises.

Indeed, the only two cruise lines currently operating from Australia - Princess and P&O Australia (both Carnival Corp) require full covid vaccs,  pre boarding testing and masks on at embarkation terminal and on board in public places on board.  So unless things change here in OZ, pax coming over from USA to Australia in a few months need to be aware of the regulations here. Also currently no cruise over 7 days is allowed to operate. I hope that changes.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having just sailed on the Rotterdam (June 26) I can confirm Covid became rampant during the cruise. Our cabin unbeknownst to us was next to the isolation area. When we became Sick, after demanding to be moved, the isolation area was full and -their words - there was MASS INFECTION. 
so our trip was ruined, and many fellow passengers behaved poorly ignoring the making requirements. Social distancing was a joke and near impossible on a cruise ship. Lesson learned, too soon to cruise for us, and we were extremely careful.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, lazydaze2 said:

Having just sailed on the Rotterdam (June 26) I can confirm Covid became rampant during the cruise. Our cabin unbeknownst to us was next to the isolation area. When we became Sick, after demanding to be moved, the isolation area was full and -their words - there was MASS INFECTION. 
so our trip was ruined, and many fellow passengers behaved poorly ignoring the making requirements. Social distancing was a joke and near impossible on a cruise ship. Lesson learned, too soon to cruise for us, and we were extremely careful.

Sadly, it doesn't have to be this way, but this is what the cruise industry has decided is their way forward. Fill the ships as much as they can. Pretend the passengers don't come onboard sick or get sick on a loaded bus ride with mostly unmasked passengers. Then infect passengers and crew, QT and isolate, and then kick the can down the road with some FCC that they hope a significant number of passengers will never use. 

I find it interesting that when they are bothered by the number of Covid cases onboard, they start requiring masks.  A little like closing the barn door after the horse got out, if you ask me.

• Like 2

On 7/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, NSWP said:

Also currently no cruise over 7 days is allowed to operate. I hope that changes.

Interesting that Australia only allows shorter cruises. The two week cruises are probably especially risky. 

I'm sorry you felt that your cruise was ruined LazyDaze. Cruising right now is definitely a gamble.