Tell me more about Enchanted Princess

Adventures ahead

Sailed on Majestic Down Under in 2020.

Deck plans are slightly different on Enchanted. Doing a 7-day cruise in August.

From your personal experience on Enchanted:

Can mocktails that aren't on the non-alcoholic menu be made at any bar?

Are milkshakes available at Swirls Ice Cream Bar... or only smoothies... and where can you get them?

Are mocktails available through room service if you have the soda package?

Can anyone use the Retreat pool? Or only Sanctuary guests?

Can the Enclave be booked for any half-day and at what cost? Can you book only half-days on the 'Day of', or in advance on Day 1? Are sea days exclusive to guests buying longer passes?

Welcome any tips re: Enchanted!

1 hour ago, Adventures ahead said:

Can mocktails that aren't on the non-alcoholic menu be made at any bar? Yep. 

Are milkshakes available at Swirls Ice Cream Bar... or only smoothies... and where can you get them? They didn't have them last April at Swirls. 

Are mocktails available through room service if you have the soda package? I suppose so, I never tried to order one. 

It's open to everyone. 

Can the Enclave be booked for any half-day and at what cost? Can you book only half-days on the 'Day of', or in advance on Day 1? Are sea days exclusive to guests buying longer passes?

I have no idea about the Enclave but it was busy. Sorry. 

On 7/4/2022 at 11:21 AM, sammybonny said:

No but Crooners is back!🙂 

There wasn't one on Sky.😓

Well hello from across the pond sammybonny!  We have very good friends near you in Bury.  Wouldn't it be great if both of those ships had bot Vines and Crooners?  How did they get that, well wrong?  

Cheers

On 7/1/2022 at 9:41 PM, DCThunder said:

Go to Bellini Bar and have Christian serve you a drink.  He's a great bartender!

On Enchanted in less than two weeks and hope to meet Christian. Do you know whether he will make other drinks that are not on the menu, for example a Cosmo or Vodka and Tonic?

I have quite a few friends in the UK going on Enchanted Princess next Friday (July 15 as a charter) because Michael Ball will be appearing as part of the entertainment.  Wish I could go but it's only open to UK residents. 

6 hours ago, Suite Susie said:

On Enchanted in less than two weeks and hope to meet Christian. Do you know whether he will make other drinks that are not on the menu, for example a Cosmo or Vodka and Tonic?

If he's still on-board (IIRC, he said his contract was up in July and he was going back to Peru for a while), he'll make you what ever you want.

On 7/1/2022 at 10:44 AM, Adventures ahead said:

Can mocktails that aren't on the non-alcoholic menu be made at any bar?

Are milkshakes available at Swirls Ice Cream Bar... or only smoothies... and where can you get them?

Are mocktails available through room service if you have the soda package?

We were on Enchanted in March.  Beautiful ship.  
The bartenders could make anything they had the ingredients for and that they knew how to make. 

NONE of the Royal class ships have milkshakes.  They just don't have the hard icecream OR the blenders.  No idea why.    Not at Swirls and not at Gelatos.   We've tried on Royal, Regal and Enchanted.   You can try to get soft ice cream and take it to a bar and ask them to put it in the blender but to me it was not worth it.  The soft ice cream at Swirls tasted pretty cheap too. 

At breakfast on the buffet they had some fruit or veg smoothies set out.    Otherwise no smoothies that we saw. You can try to take some fruit from buffet to a bar and ask them to blend it but otherwise that is it. 

Folks have reported they can use the app to order any drinks that are in the app for delivery anywhere, including cabin, and no charge (tip the delivery staff) if they have a package.  We didn't try.     I do not think the traditional room service menu on the tv has drinks.  

Retreat pool is for all.  It is outside the Sanctuary.    It is windy in that area.   But with the additional cabins up there, taking away from sundeck space, we found all the pool areas very crowded as compared to Royal and Regal. Too many people and not enough space.  And Enchanted  was well below capacity in March.   

Enclave in the spa is usually sold as a week long pass only.   Onboard you may be able to beg for a one day pass if they didn't sell a lot of week long ones, but not likely.  I've never heard of a half day Enclave or Thermal suite pass.  Some spa treatments (Massage) may permit you to use Enclave for a short time before but you'd have to ask.  

Photo of retreat pool area attached.  

26AB7612-ECBC-4A3F-BAEA-89060CA01DE5.jpeg

Edited by CruisinFinsUp
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rdsqrl said:

Maybe it's the overcast weather, but I gotta say, there is nothing aesthetically appealing about that pool deck.  It looks cramped and claustrophobic, and like you're in the bottom of a well. 

Designer might have been going for a secluded hideaway. 

On 7/10/2022 at 12:22 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

Photo of retreat pool area attached.  

26AB7612-ECBC-4A3F-BAEA-89060CA01DE5.jpeg

Certainly looks cramped compared to Royal & Regal Retreat Pools. Doubt we’ll be spending much time there; perhaps on a port day.

On 7/10/2022 at 12:22 PM, CruisinFinsUp said:

Retreat pool is for all.  It is outside the Sanctuary.    It is windy in that area.   But with the additional cabins up there, taking away from sundeck space, we found all the pool areas very crowded as compared to Royal and Regal. Too many people and not enough space.  And Enchanted  was well below capacity in March.   

We did like the fact that the Retreat pool isn't deep like that of the Regal and Royal ships. You could stand in any part of the pool. 😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Certainly looks cramped compared to Royal & Regal Retreat Pools. Doubt we’ll be spending much time there; perhaps on a port day.

We arrived at different times of day & always managed to get a seat. 

5 hours ago, coco2/27 said:

Does anyone know what the bar hours are at the retrea pool?  Our cabin will be close to it, and it sure would be handy for grabbing a glass of wine or cocktail in the evening!

9 AM to 6 PM except for embarkation day when it opened at 11 AM.

I suppose you'll just have to rely on room service after 6. It seems a little early but people begin to disappear from the pool late afternoon.

11 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

Is the Retreat pool heated?

I'm not sure but it always felt comfortable. 

I know on other Royal class ships it was heated because sometimes they made it much to warm & people complained, so they reduced it. 

21 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We arrived at different times of day & always managed to get a seat. 

Thanks, good to know. We loved the wide open feeling on Regal & Royal & there were always chairs available. How did you like the newly designed Princess Live? It looks much mor comfortable than the previous design.

1 hour ago, richsea said:

Thanks, good to know. We loved the wide open feeling on Regal & Royal & there were always chairs available. How did you like the newly designed Princess Live? It looks much mor comfortable than the previous design.

It was OK.

They tried to redesign it so that people could also utilize it for games and the live show. It's make it easier to go in & out during an event.

People that didn't like the old layout probably won't like the change either. It was the best they could do with the allotted space. 

It was always crowded and the bar was super busy so it was best to order drinks from the servers. 

I still prefer the Royal class ships over the older designs, except that the Piazza on all their Royal class ships seems to be overly loud when music is being preformed. (but that's just me I suppose)

The best place to eat lunch is on deck 16 aft at tables on both sides of the bar. Good view, shaded, no wind most of the time and you can usually find a seat although some people stake out a table early mornings like the deck chairs around the pool. 😉

• Thanks 1