Coral Princess, some comments

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

On another note...I was heading down to Merimbula/Eden tomorrow to see Coral Princess arrive and depart on Tuesday, first ship in there for 2 and a half years.  Was going to take some pics for you nice folk. Guess what? I was washing the Nissan Qashqai this morning, up on a step ladder on a couple of rungs, feet slipped, down I came and injured my back. OK, but too sore to drive on a 3 hours journey down south.

I hope you suffered nothing more serious than a pulled muscle. Hopefully, you will be fully recovered in a couple of days.🙂

On 7/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, Sparky74 said:

We went to afternoon tea in the MDR once last week. Unfortunately the service was abysmal. The staff were doing their best but there just weren’t enough staff in the dining room at that time. Perhaps it improved later in the week. 🤷‍♂️
We went to Horizon Court once for afternoon tea. The buffet appeared to be closed but we asked a staff member and he explained that we just needed to walk through to the section where they usually have the desserts. Unsurprisingly it was fairly quiet as you’d think it was closed if you didn’t know. 
DW & I weren’t a fan of the simulated cream that accompanied so many desserts on the cruise. It certainly does not belong on a scone, IMHO. 🤢

On 7/9/2022 at 5:54 AM, Jean C said:

Hi, disappointing to hear fresh cream wasn't available for afternoon tea time scones in buffet, we usually indulge in them on the last couple of sea days and wouldn't bother if cream wasn't fresh - as you say, with brekkie, possibly a light lunch in buffet (unplanned but normally resulting in a small mountain on the plate) and a three course dinner, you just don't need it.

Went to afternoon tea once and was underwhelmed, I guess I'm more of a coffee and Chocolate Journeys dessert person than a dinky sammies with tea person.

Our cruise is just under two weeks to go and during the week I spotted Activities Timetable on the App (also email yesterday from Princess re Activities). Scrolling through you can bookmark activities you're interested in - the morning and afternoon tea events for your cruise are shown there. 

Screenshot_20220709-074017_MedallionClass.jpg

thank you both so much for this info! What a shame I hope they’ve sorted out the service by the time we go in September. I appreciate knowing where to find the info in the app too thank you! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, Aus Traveller said:

The comedian's name was Greg Sullivan.

Guess who is going to provide our laughs on the last night of our 8th October cruise. Oh well, there is always our plus package and crooners.

Clearly, Princess needs to start sending out surveys again.

7 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Guess who is going to provide our laughs on the last night of our 8th October cruise. Oh well, there is always our plus package and crooners.

Clearly, Princess needs to start sending out surveys again.

Or maybe they should listen to their Cruise Director. When I gave him feedback, he told me he had listened to the show.

It could be worth going to the show and sitting at the back for ten minutes to see if he has improved!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

Or maybe they should listen to their Cruise Director. When I gave him feedback, he told me he had listened to the show.

It could be worth going to the show and sitting at the back for ten minutes to see if he has improved!!

Or an hour or two in Crooners to prepare. We had a Kiwi on our last one, Andre King. Some of his jokes were funny, but Barb fell asleep.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Or an hour or two in Crooners to prepare. We had a Kiwi on our last one, Andre King. Some of his jokes were funny, but Barb fell asleep.

After several drinks you might, I stress might, think he is a tiny bit funny. Maybe one problem was that he took too long before he told any jokes and then they weren't funny. Well, maybe literally one or two were.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

I thought he was more of a impressionist/vocalist as his accents were spot on but his jokes were not laugh out loud type, just make you smile type jokes.

Not Greg Sulllivan. He doesn't sing at all and doesn't do different accents. 🙂 He doesn't even tell jokes. 😁

• Haha 2

Andre had a funny start to ours, interacting with a group of semi-heckling muslims. The off the cuff stuff was pretty good, then I don't remember much until it ended with a 10 minute joke about an old guy who forgot his pants. Yes, good accents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

If I wanted a laugh we'd just go to Crooners when Paul C McD was there. Great pianist, singer, and very funny quipper!

I find Crooners entertaining enough even when nobody is tinkling the ivory. Even better now we have worked out the best time to show to beat the chogs to a space.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I find Crooners entertaining enough even when nobody is tinkling the ivory. Even better now we have worked out the best time to show to beat the chogs to a space.

Chogs??? I googled TRS so I know that one now lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, arxcards said:

Andre had a funny start to ours, interacting with a group of semi-heckling muslims. The off the cuff stuff was pretty good, then I don't remember much until it ended with a 10 minute joke about an old guy who forgot his pants. Yes, good accents.

The Joke about the people mentioned in your first sentence (got told off for mentioning that word on another post) was funny and very off the cuff, but his other material was so old. The other comedian on the next cruise (some Greek fella off tv) did one show and was pulled from his next show and replaced with Nathan Foley doing a 3rd show due to complaints about the language. I slept thru that comedian.

• Like 1

Just now, MicCanberra said:

I find it funny that so many people decide to sleep in the theatre when the beds are so comfy.

I couldn't help it, I was tired, had a few drinks, the comedian was boring and the friend I was sitting with was enjoying it. My head kept dropping.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

The Joke about the people mentioned in your first sentence (got told off for mentioning that word on another post) was funny and very off the cuff, but his other material was so old. The other comedian on the next cruise (some Greek fella off tv) did one show and was pulled from his next show and replaced with Nathan Foley doing a 3rd show due to complaints about the language. I slept thru that comedian.

Oops, I will probably get told off too. Hard to otherwise find an accurate description though. Was a bloke out of Acropolis Now I think - George Kapiniaris?

Princess struggles with comedy. After many years, Ugly Dave Gray is about as good as they have ever had - sad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Oops, I will probably get told off too. Hard to otherwise find an accurate description though. Was a bloke out of Acropolis Now I think - George Kapiniaris?

Princess struggles with comedy. After many years, Ugly Dave Gray is about as good as they have ever had - sad.

Yes, it was George.

There was an Australian based English comedian on the first of my four cruises. He was funny. We didn't go to his first show, but heard he was brilliant from other guests. So we went to his next show.

• Like 2