Refundable deposit

Question for those in the know.  If i pay the Refundable deposit fee does that mean that I get back the $500 deposit and the extra $400 (refundable deposit fee) back?  Anyone know.  I can't find it anywhere on the website, how this works.  Thank you in advance for your helpful information. 

7 minutes ago, cruisebabe50 said:

Question for those in the know.  If i pay the Refundable deposit fee does that mean that I get back the $500 deposit and the extra $400 (refundable deposit fee) back?  Anyone know.  I can't find it anywhere on the website, how this works.  Thank you in advance for your helpful information. 

What extra $400?  If the per person deposit is $450 such as for longer cruises then all of that $450 per person is refundable with a refundable booking.

Per person deposits are:

$100 deposit short cruises

$250 deposit medium length cruises

$450 deposit long cruises

All of these amounts are refundable if you cancel a refundable booking before final payment.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1

Yes. If you checked the box for refundable fare (which varies greatly), you don’t lose that money. If that’s what you’re asking. But as noted above, all funds are refunded.

Edited by easyqueasy
Clarifying my mistake.

2 minutes ago, flamingos said:

I have never used refundable deposit - does than increase the cost of the cruise, or is it simply a larger downpayment?

Most refundable rates are higher than NRD - you are paying extra for the flexibility- just like with airfare.If you sailed with RCI more than 5 years ago, they had nothing but refundable deposit. 

Edited by Biker19

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Most refundable rates are higher than NRD - you are paying extra for the flexibility- just like with airfare.If you sailed with RCI more than 5 years ago, they had nothing but refundable deposit. 

But the price of the cruise is the same?