Discovery disembarking at Seattle 7am

Taykee1

Itinerary advises Seattle 7am, I am assuming the boat has already docked by this stage. I want to catch to 10.45am amtrak bus/train to Vancouver. I have checked bus times knowing it's around a 30 - 40 min bus trip from Pier 91 to Amtrak Station. Can anyone tell me what time do they usually start to disembark and approximately how long it takes for everyone to be off the boat. I'm hoping to be up early grab some breakfast and be off the boat as soon as possible. Not having cruised before not sure if they send people off the boat in deck order or different times. I will be on deck 17. Or is it possible to advise them early in the trip we need to be off early or ideally by 8-8.30am so this can be arranged. Thanks for any help. 

8 minutes ago, Taykee1 said:

Itinerary advises Seattle 7am, I am assuming the boat has already docked by this stage. I want to catch to 10.45am amtrak bus/train to Vancouver. I have checked bus times knowing it's around a 30 - 40 min bus trip from Pier 91 to Amtrak Station. Can anyone tell me what time do they usually start to disembark and approximately how long it takes for everyone to be off the boat. I'm hoping to be up early grab some breakfast and be off the boat as soon as possible. Not having cruised before not sure if they send people off the boat in deck order or different times. I will be on deck 17. Or is it possible to advise them early in the trip we need to be off early or ideally by 8-8.30am so this can be arranged. Thanks for any help. 

You can ask for early walk off when they give you your disembarkation instructions usually 3 to 4 days before the end of your cruise. If you walk off with your luggage that means you don’t put it in the hall the night before ,you just walk off at the designated time. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Taykee1 said:

Early embarkation will get you off the ship as early as possible. However, we never know what time the ship will be cleared by the port authorities OR what time the ship will actually dock. What's printed in the itinerary months before the cruise isn't always what happens. Don't try to schedule your bus too close to the time that's in the itinerary.

2 hours ago, Taykee1 said:

You can grab breakfast, and self carry your bags shortly after 7:00 (the ship will be at the dock long before that). 

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

When are you cruising? Amtrak doesn't start running their trains into Canada until September.

not until next year, I'm just researching now so I know exactly where and what to do. 

Yes, with the caveat that there can always be delays in disembarkation on the last day, if everything goes to plan, you could request early self walk-off and I think you should be fine making a 10:45 train or bus, so long as you're comfortable lugging all your baggage with you as you disembark the ship. 

I would not recommend a flight this early, due to long security lines and needing to be at the airport 2-3 hours in advance of a flight, but you don't have those issues with a bus or Amtrak.

Best of luck.

12 hours ago, Taykee1 said:

not until next year, I'm just researching now so I know exactly where and what to do. 

You’ll have plenty of time to catch a 10:45am departure from King St Station. Also the trains will be running again by next year so will have that option over a bus. The station is in the south end of downtown so actually only about 15 minutes from the cruise terminal.  Princess offers a bus for disembarking passengers in Vancouver that goes to the Seattle Airport for $79pp. Possibly they have one northbound as well?

• Like 2

We just got off the Discovery on Sunday. The walk off group started walking off with there luggage at around 07:20. If you don't walk off with your luggage you'll be assigned a group to disembark. We were in group "Light blue 1" and we disembarked at around 08:05 and were at Sea-Tac airport at around 09:00. It was a pretty quick disembarkation. For breakfast we went to the buffet the night before and got a few things so we could make a light breakfast and not have to fight the crowd at the buffet, the buffet and the MDR opened for breakfast at 06:30. 

I used Seattle Shuttle, walked off at 7:15, was on the shuttle within minutes, it left immediately, and with Sea Spot Saver I had to wait 1.5 hrs after security for my 11:05 flight. 

Repeating Spot Saver in Newark .... so fast. Shorter line than TSA PreCheck ✔