New testing protocol??

sofietucker

So a HAL letter sent out on June 30 stated that testing is no longer required. But everyone (12 & up) must have proof of full, current vaccination. Okay great. BUT in direct contradiction, the health protocols FAQs on HAL's website-- stating that it is current as of June 30--say you must show proof of a test! Cannot find any info more recent than that.  Anyone?

P&O Iona is currently testing a no covid test pre cruise on 5 seven night cruises to the Fjords from Southampton.

HAL Rotterdam are going to do a similar no test experiment for vaccinated passengers.

Graham.

Screenshot_20220705_093912.jpg

Screenshot_20220705_093951.jpg

Screenshot_20220705_100030.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for update, Grapeau27. Testing, masks and vacs still required for the  only two cruiselines operating from east coast of Australia, that is Princess and P and O Australia, as you know both Carnival companies.

Edited by NSWP
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Thanks for update, Grapeau27. Testing, masks and vacs still required for the  only two cruiselines operating from east coast of Australia, that is Princess and P and O Australia, as you know both Carnival companies.

You are welcome.

My wife's cousin lives in Adelaide and they are looking forward to getting back on a cruise ship in Australia.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sofietucker said:

So a HAL letter sent out on June 30 stated that testing is no longer required. But everyone (12 & up) must have proof of full, current vaccination. Okay great. BUT in direct contradiction, the health protocols FAQs on HAL's website-- stating that it is current as of June 30--say you must show proof of a test! Cannot find any info more recent than that.  Anyone?

This ONLY applies if you on on 3 sailings of the Rotterdam this month. As I recall, the e mail even says the the protocols on the website haven't been updated. There is at least one thread here on the topic.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, grapau27 said:

You are welcome.

My wife's cousin lives in Adelaide and they are looking forward to getting back on a cruise ship in Australia.

So am I after 3 years, last was Noordam - Sydney to Honolulu in May 2019. Next - Westerdam this November, Domestic from/to Sydney inc Adelaide, Hobart, Melbourne. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NSWP said:

So am I after 3 years, last was Noordam - Sydney to Honolulu in May 2019.

Hi NSWP!  I was on that Noordam cruise with you!!  I had a lot of fun and became cruise friends with a couple from Sydney.  Good times!!   I am looking into maybe doing it again adding in Auckland to Sydney before that.  

~Nancy

Edited by oakridger