The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday July 7th, 2022

richwmn

Just now, StLouisCruisers said:

I can understand your reasoning totally.  You have so many plans to look forward to, and deserve to enjoy them after the past couple of years and its problems.  We lived in Williamsburg for 7 years and I loved it there, even with the humidity. We had many relatives come visit us there.  Besides Colonial Williamsburg, ask your friends about driving the Colonial Parkway to Yorktown to see the museum there.  Also Jamestown is right nearby and that's a nice visit also.  Hopefully someone hasn't closed down the Parkway or something since we lived there and visited there last.  Enjoy all your plans!!

Thanks Sandi,

Terri

• Like 5

Very long day traveling to Amsterdam. Flight to IAH was a bit late landing but luckily so was the flight taking off to AMS. We arrived only 10 minutes late in AMS but it took our luggage more than 2 hours to come off the baggage carousel!
It’s Friday here (almost 3am). Laffnvegas is doing a “live from.”

• Like 17

Thanks to Rich @richwmn for the Daily/Fleet report and to Roy @rafinmd for the Care and Celebration Lists. Thanks for all the photos of today's destination. 

This evening we will again have the Pork Chops on Scalloped potatoes .........a meal of the day a few weeks ago.

It's a wet very windy Friday here, a good day to be indoors!

@HAL Sailer i understand your 'new phase of life". Best wishes to you and DH.

@rafinmd Roy, well done  booking a cruise on the Queen Anne next February.  Safe travelling home.

Stay safe, take care everyone. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dobiemom said:

Very long day traveling to Amsterdam. Flight to IAH was a bit late landing but luckily so was the flight taking off to AMS. We arrived only 10 minutes late in AMS but it took our luggage more than 2 hours to come off the baggage carousel!

Marcia, have a wonderful time.

Bon Voyage!

Terri

• Like 9

It’s Friday here in Kingston upon Thames, and I’m up early, having a coffee in our hotel room while Pat sleeps.  Our plans are changing, as Pat’s friends that we had planned to visit have Covid after a cruise, and a cousin in Tunbridge Wells is looking after grands, one with Covid, so they are off the list, too!  We will be able to sleep away the days and get ready for our cruise.  

very few people are masked here, but we are trying to be very careful, we have appointments to be tested at Heathrow before our flight to Copenhagen.   What a mess everything is for flights and airports here.  We’re thinking of booking a backup flight to Copenhagen on another airline out of a different airport, maybe Stanstead.  Even if we lose our testing appointments.  

our neighbour who was just on the NS said her flight home was cancelled, she had to stay over a night and find another airline.  This is not a good summer to be traveling in Europe.  But I’m so excited to be heading for a cruise that has been on our bucket list for years.  My plan is to carry all the name tags and holders  for the M&G in my carry on, can’t afford to lose them!  We have over 90 signed up, the cruise before ours has had their M&G , I don’t think their list was quite as long as ours, but fairly long, and only 10 people showed up.  I hope ours goes better!  

We’ve been to Corner Brook on a driving tour of that part of NL .  Wonderful island!

• Like 12

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

What a mess everything is for flights and airports here.  We’re thinking of booking a backup flight to Copenhagen on another airline out of a different airport, maybe Stanstead.  Even if we lose our testing appointments.  

I think a back up flight is a good idea.  I actually did that when I was stuck in Toronto.  Booked a flex flight (so fully refundable) and did NOT check in until the fate of my original flight was known.  Once I knew it was really going I cancelled the back up.  Everything will be refunded.

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

But I’m so excited to be heading for a cruise that has been on our bucket list for years.  My plan is to carry all the name tags and holders  for the M&G in my carry on, can’t afford to lose them!  We have over 90 signed up, the cruise before ours has had their M&G , I don’t think their list was quite as long as ours, but fairly long, and only 10 people showed up.  I hope ours goes better!  

Can’t blame you for being excited 👍 Good plan on the M & G name tags, etc.  I always have my invites & name tags in my carry on too 😉 

I am sure you will have a great turnout and hope you have a wonderful cruise!

11 hours ago, dobiemom said:

I’m just glad you GOT your luggage 😉. Enjoying LIsa’s LIVE from and seeing her pics & pics of you.  enjoy Amsterdam and Bon Voyage 🛳 

• Like 4