Johnny Rockets?

On 7/8/2022 at 6:15 PM, gerif said:

Once upon a time it was free (and for a while thereafter C&A members got a free coupon). Problem was that it was nearly impossible to get in much of the time. Even at 3:00 on a port day there would be an hour wait for a table. Teens tended to congregate there all day. Charging drastically cut down on the crowds and, of course, once they realized people were willing to pay, the rest is history. 

I never believed that story:  Royal Caribbean played up the "teens congregate" thing as an excuse to make it a paying venue.  

On 7/8/2022 at 2:10 PM, PTC DAWG said:

I was on the Mariner late May, JR needed badly to work on the AC…almost too hot to sit inside.  

It was still horribly hot inside in mid-June.  The service at Johnny Rockets (Mariner) was incredibly slow and the waitress kept getting parts of our non-complicated orders wrong.  It was humorous, but a big waste of time on a lovely sea day.  At least we managed to get an outside booth.

FYI:  On Adventure a couple weeks ago our server advised us we could now use one of our free drinks on a JR milkshake.  I told him I had just inquired a couple days prior and was told no. He said it just changed that day.

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 2:50 PM, Happy New Cruiser said:

My kids are 3 and 5.  

On 7/8/2022 at 2:43 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes, Johnny Rockets has a cover charge.   What are the ages of your children?  Unless they are very young toddlers, they cannot simply eat off your plate.  

You may need to pay the cover for everyone in the family. It is in the $11-$12 range. 

m

But if you purchased the UDP for yourself AND your children, then the children can order off the Johnny Rockets menu, right?  

I assume if the kids have the UDP they would be free in JR. my question is whether they would be free because of their age like they are in the other specialty restaurants. The other restaurants have a kids menu for under 6 that is free. For example, my wife and I can bring the kids to 150 CP.  We are free because we have the UDP. The kids are free because they eat off a kids menu.  

I was wondering if under 6 is still free at JR or they would have to pay the cover. If they had the UDP I have to imagine they would be covered. 

According to the Royal app, Johnny Rockets on my Adventure of the Seas cruise in September is a cover charge of 11.99. Did that go up recently? I thought I remembered seeing $9.99 in the not-so-distant pass.

Also, is everything on the menu included? We have the refreshment package so I know we get free shakes. 

3 hours ago, ceo418 said:

According to the Royal app, Johnny Rockets on my Adventure of the Seas cruise in September is a cover charge of 11.99. Did that go up recently? I thought I remembered seeing $9.99 in the not-so-distant pass.

Also, is everything on the menu included? We have the refreshment package so I know we get free shakes. 

It was 11.99 on Navigator of the Seas last week.  Multiple users claimed it was 7.99 earlier this year, likely when crowds were light, so yes they have been raising prices.

Unless you really like JR, I’d skip.  If you have a JR nearby your home, join their e club and you’ll receive perpetual coupons that will make make most burgers and fries $12 or less.