Covid Stats Cruising Now...

6 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Move on.  Less we talk about it, the more it just fades away.  Unless you live in NYC, LA, Seattle, San Fran, etc.  

What does this even mean? So dumb. We just spent two great days in Seattle before our Alaska cruise doing everything we could do here in Texas.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2022 at 9:09 PM, loving2cruise said:

What are the stats of people contracting Covid nowadays while on their cruise. 

I have heard of people testing positive AFTER getting off the ship. Has anyone here tested positive afterwards?

Thank you in advance

I've cruised twice this year. 14 nights on the Grandeur from Barbados last February and 7 nights on the Harmony last month. I tested positive three days after debarking the Harmony. Finally tested negative early this week. Didn't get infected on the Grandeur as they had mandatory masks and reduced capacity.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 4:03 AM, neverbeenhere said:

If Royal or other agencies are testing sewage samples, they have a pretty accurate idea of case loads, reported or not. 

That is the biggest load of poop I have never heard in my life no pun intended. Surely it would only take ONE covid positive person visiting the bathroom to contaminate the sewage of the whole ship with Covid?

15 hours ago, Max and Ruby said:

Yeah, my teens complied with my "suggestions to semi- quarantine"  before cruise, but hated me saying "IF we cruise, IF we test negative...."

But I will also say that my teens DO care if they get COVID and don't want to get it in general.  So far only my husband had COVID (that we know of). He had symptoms and we put him in "jail" by himself. He he.  The 3 of us in the household have not had symptoms that produced a positive test. Since January myself and my teens had been sick with colds. We went to Dr., tested and were negative.  My cold was my first in years and lasted 2 weeks!  But not COVID.

My oldest has been exposed many times, tested a zillion times and barely even quarantined in the beginning of it all, never got it as far as she knows. She will be going away before our cruise and would never go for the quarantine bit and my younger one has to work so that is a no go too lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ace2542 said:

That is the biggest load of poop I have never heard in my life no pun intended. Surely it would only take ONE covid positive person visiting the bathroom to contaminate the sewage of the whole ship with Covid?

You obviously do not understand how it works.  Sewage treatment plants do this all the time for Covid and for other infections.  It's not new and it does give a very good estimate of numbers.  

Do some reading:  https://www.cdc.gov/healthywater/surveillance/wastewater-surveillance/wastewater-surveillance.html#:~:text=By measuring SARS-CoV-2,community is increasing or decreasing.

Edited by BND
  • Like 7

20 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That's BS.......lets not talk about it and it will go away. If it was that easy, we should have done that a year and half ago.

16 hours ago, baelor said:

I mean, I have lived in two of those cities for the last 10+ years, and I cannot imagine I am alone on this board...

13 hours ago, Sugarlandsooner said:

What does this even mean? So dumb. We just spent two great days in Seattle before our Alaska cruise doing everything we could do here in Texas.

The most funny and ironic thing about the post you guys are replying to is that the poster lives in Ohio and a quick google search of Ohio+covid revealed about a dozen articles in about 3 seconds. 😅

They should spend more time reading local news and less new about LA, NYC, Seattle, etc. 😁

• Like 1