Silverware on carnival legend -August

sgatling7

Never have come across that question before.

I can't recall ever seeing plasticware on any ship.  Also, I have never seen plasticware listed as a foreboden item to bring aboard.  If you do bring your own to the MDR or specialty restaurant, be aware they might charge you a forking fee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Top_of_the_Cube said:

Never have come across that question before.

I can't recall ever seeing plasticware on any ship.  Also, I have never seen plasticware listed as a foreboden item to bring aboard.  If you do bring your own to the MDR or specialty restaurant, be aware they might charge you a forking fee.

I've got no problem with the forking fee - it's the spoon fee that always gets to me😁

• Haha 2

Must admit we have never seen such a question.  Definitely one of the more humorous questions and threads of the day.  On a more serious note, Carnival might have an issue with plastic because of their onboard environmental program. 

Hank

• Like 4

There is absolutely no need for one to bring plastic ware on board.  If one would take a Behind the Scenes Tour and learn how concerned the cruise lines are about cleanliness and sanitation, see how the preparation for dish washing is done and the dish washing itself, one would gain confidence that one is probably safer dining on a cruise ship than at a fast casual restaurant ashore.  (Try reading some of your local health department's inspection reports of restaurants.)  Besides, the USPH makes unannounced inspections and a poor score gets widely reported.  During this period of time when cruise lines are encouraging Covid-hesitant guests to sail, such reports would be very, very bad PR for them.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

If you think you might need utensils in your cabin, just collect some from the buffet.  Or order room service…it will come with whatever the order requires.  There were early reports of people in Covid isolation who did not receive metal utensils, some reported wooden stuff.  Not sure if anyone reported plastic.  I do know from experience that it is not easy to cut a steak with a plastic knife…. EM

When I first read your (OP's) question I thought I don't know if they have them and wouldn't worry about bringing some on board.  I don't know for sure, but would think it would not be an issue.  

Wood utensils were mentioned above. I'm starting to see more and more of those in take out places.  They are pretty cool.  

As Hank said, Carnival as well as many other lines are reducing or eliminating  single use plastics on their ships. To the point that even sodas and water in plastic bottles are not allowed. If you feel you have a personal need for your own cutlery, then source out wooden or bamboo ones. Not sure why only those- why not also your own dishes and glassware?

However there is absolutely no need for this from a COVID  (or any other disease) standpoint. Silverware, dishes and glasses are subjected to high heat wash/rinse/dry cycles after every use. You may get COVID on a cruise, but it won't be from your fork or spoon.

Edited by mom says
  • Like 3