All ready to upcoming check in date and then this happened

I was ready for check in at midnight on July 17th. All along Royal had the check in date of July 18th, I'm hoping to get on at midnight the night before. I just went on their website for something else and for check in it now reads...we will email you when it is your check in time. Now I have to make sure I check  my emails more often.

Has this happened to anyone else? Was the check in time totally different?

As always, thank you!!

2 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

I was ready for check in at midnight on July 17th. All along Royal had the check in date of July 18th, I'm hoping to get on at midnight the night before. I just went on their website for something else and for check in it now reads...we will email you when it is your check in time. Now I have to make sure I check  my emails more often.

As always, thank you!!

Don't count on midnight though.  It's usually in the morning sometime, but not usually at midnight.  Website always says that they'll email you.  App has the date.

Edited by BND
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

Don't count on midnight though.  It's usually in the morning sometime, but not usually at midnight.  Website always says that they'll email you.  App has the date.

Thank you!! Just checked on the app and it does state July 18th 😊

• Like 1

Just now, poocher said:

Don’t wait for an email.  Check in on the app will open, in my case at least, long before you get that email.  Watch the date on the app & you’ll be fine.

Thank you!!

4 minutes ago, MCazer said:

My check in was at 6PM because of the time difference from where the ship is located vs where I am located.  So, NY vs Italy.   

Thanks, forgot this is Possible. Have a Check in a different time Zone next month

34 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

As always, thank you!!

Our official day for check in was yesterday, Wed, July 14th.

My online account also said it would email me when check-in was available. I never got an email, so don't count on it.

My app always had the correct date on it saying check in would open up on July 14th.

Right at the stroke of midnight EDT, Tuesday, both the app and the online check-in opened up.  I was able to go into the app at 12:01am EDT (10pm my time,) select my preferred time, go to bed, and I just finished everything this morning.  Thank you to all who advised you could just go straight to selecting check-in time on the app and then do everything later.

I do not know if this is standard but it caused a bit of anxiety for us for a bit. Mid morning on Tuesday, the app on all our phones changed to "Check-in closed, check in at the port"  But nothing to worry about as right at midnight EDT,  the buttons to check in on both platforms appeared.

Edited by cruise_co
fixed a spelling mistake. My keyboard is sticking and I had several extraneous letters in a few words