COVID testing .

On 7/17/2022 at 8:58 PM, Heymarco said:
  1. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Current Unemployment Rates for States and Historical Highs/Lows, Seasonally Adjusted. https://www.bls.gov/web/laus/lauhsthl.htm, November 2020.
  2. Jurkowitz M. Most Americans say COVID-19 has changed news reporting, but many are unsure how it’s affected industry. 2020; https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2020/05/01/most-americans-say-covid-19-has-changed-news-reporting-but-many-are-unsure-how-its-affected-the-industry/.
  3. Garfin D, Silver R, Holman E. The novel coronavirus (COVID-2019) outbreak: Amplification of public health consequences by media exposure. Health Psychology. 2020;39(5):355-357.
  4. Jamieson K, Albarracin D. The Relation between Media Consumption and Misinformation at the Outset of the SARS-CoV-2 Pandemic in the US The Harvard Kennedy School (HKS) Misinformation Review. 2020;1.
  5. Simonov A, Sacher S, Dubé J, Biswas S. The pursasive effect of Fox News: Non-compliance with social distancing during COVID-19 pandemic (No. w27237).National Bureau of Economic Research;2020.
  6. Wang C, Pan R, Wan X, et al. A longitudinal study on the mental health of general population during the COVID-19 epidemic in China. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 2020;87:40-48.
  7. Di Milia L, MH S, Costa G, Howarth H, Ohayon M, Philip P. Demographic factors, fatigue, and driving accidents: An examination of the published literature. Accident Analysis & Prevention. 2011;43(2):516-532.
  8. Lavidor M, Weller A, H B. How sleep is related to fatigue. British journal of health psychology. 2003;8(1):95-105.
  9. Altena E, Baglioni C, Espie CA, et al. Dealing with sleep problems during home confinement due to the COVID-19 outbreak: Practical recommendations from a task force of the European CBT-I Academy. J Sleep Res. 2020:e13052.
  10. Akerstedt T, Kecklund G, Axelsson J. Impaired sleep after bedtime stress and worries. Biological Psychology. 2007;76:170-173.
  11. Sinha S. Trauma-induced insomnia: A novel model for trauma and sleep research. Sleep medicine reviews. 2016;25:74-83.
  12. McNicholas C, Poydock M. Who are essential workers? A comprehensive look at their wages, demographics, and unionization rates. Working Economics Blog 2020; https://www.epi.org/blog/who-are-essential-workers-a-comprehensive-look-at-their-wages-demographics-and-unionization-rates/. Accessed June 2020.
  13. Axonify. State of Frontline Employee Training 2020. Waterloo, CA2020.
  14. Sasangohar F, Jones SL, Masud FN, Vahidy FS, Kash BA. Provider Burnout and Fatigue During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Lessons Learned From a High-Volume Intensive Care Unit. Anesth Analg. 2020;131(1):106-111.
  15. Adams JG, Walls RM. Supporting the Health Care Workforce During the COVID-19 Global Epidemic. JAMA. 2020;323(15):1439-1440.
  16. Lai J, Ma S, Wang Y, et al. Factors associated with mental health outcomes among health care workers exposed to coronavirus disease 2019. JAMA network open. 2020;3(3):e203976-.
  17. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Expanded Emergency Declaration Under 49 CFR § 390.23 No. 2020-002 (Relating to COVID-19). 2020; https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/emergency/expanded-emergency-declaration-under-49-cfr-ss-39023-no-2020-002-relating-covid-19.
  18. The American Transportation Research Institute, The OOIDA Foundation. COVID-19 Impacts on the Trucking Industry. April 2020.
  19. Greer TW, Payne SC. Overcoming telework challenges: Outcomes of successful telework strategies. The Psychologist-Manager Journal. 2014;17(2):87-111.
  20. Reisenwitz C. How COVID-19 is impacting workers’ calendars. 2020; https://www.getclockwise.com/blog/how-covid-19-is-impacting-workers-calendars. Accessed June 2020.
  21. Ashforth B, Kreiner G, Fugate M. All in a day’s work: Boundaries and micro role transitions. Academy of Management review. 2000;25(3):472-491.
  22. Alon T, Doepke M, Olmstead-Rumsey J, M T. The impact of COVID-19 on gender equality. (No. w26947). National Bureau of Economic Research;2020.
  23. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment Situation Summary USDL-20-1140. June 2020; https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_06052020.htm. Accessed June 2020.

23a. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Employment Situation New Release USDL-21-0582. April 2021;  https://www.bls.gov/news.release/archives/empsit_04022021.htm

24. Neis B, Neil K, K L. Mobility in a Pandemic: COVID-19 and the Mobile Labour Force. 2020.

25. Harter J. What Employees need from Leadership Right now. 2020; https://www.gallup.com/workplace/297497/covid-employees-need-leaders-right.aspx Accessed May 2020.

26. Tan W, Hao F, McIntyre R, et al. Is returning to work during the COVID-19 pandemic stressful? A study on immediate mental health status and psychoneuroimmunity prevention measures of Chinese workforce. Brain, behavior, and immunity. 2020;87:84-92.

27. Xiao H, Zhang Y, Kong D, Li S, Yang N. The effects of social support on sleep quality of medical staff treating patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in January and February 2020 in China. Medical science monitor: international medical journal of experimental and clinical research. 2020;26:e923549-923541–e923549-923548.

28.Kim SW, Su KP. Using psychoneuroimmunity against COVID-19. Brain Behav Immun. 2020.

Ah, should have been clearer. Appropriate and revenant citations were requested, not just whatever you pulled up in Google scholar. Happy to help you get institutional access if needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, smalltimecruiser100 said:

It does not mean testing will end as other countries still have that requirement(ex Bermuda)

The fact is, unlike years ago, the ships are the destination. Most of the island's located in the Caribbean economy is based upon cruise tourism. So... I am pretty sure the useless testing requirements of certain islands will quickly go away once the ships decide not to go there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, chris153 said:

I read on here somewhere that someone used onpoint testing. I looked it up and it seems much easier and cheaper than emed. ANy thoughts? Has anyone used this testing. 

there is a whole thread on them.  Just search ;onpoint' .  Outside CC they track well

7 minutes ago, rolloman said:

The fact is, unlike years ago, the ships are the destination. Most of the island's located in the Caribbean economy is based upon cruise tourism. So... I am pretty sure the useless testing requirements of certain islands will quickly go away once the ships decide not to go there. 

As many have brought up thus far.... 'Money rules'!  Regardless of whether you are talking about Cruise lines or Countries that HEAVILY depend on Cruise Tourism!

Covid pre-cruise test will probably disappear (though unfortunately not quick enough to help me on 8/5) but vaccination requirements will probably stay a bit longer.  Just my opinion.

If I just want the results emailed to me, are we just creating an emed account for each person tested?

I don’t get what the Navica app is for.  Someone mentioned a QR code.

8 minutes ago, slyster said:

If I just want the results emailed to me, are we just creating an emed account for each person tested?

I don’t get what the Navica app is for.  Someone mentioned a QR code.

I agree and always print out the results but the Navica app is my back up and it has all of my past results.  

I was able to finally get into emed this am to do my test.  When I logged in (tried to) using my login info from Apr it told me my email address/password was incorrect so I went to reset password.  It took 15 minutes for them to send me a code.  After that it went smoothly.  DH just tried to login, got the same message and after 40 min of no code, he called.  All the person answering could do was escalate to their IT to reset the password.  No idea why our passwords from April don't still work.  They do on Navica.  So, I just made him a Walgreen's appt for tomorrow afternoon, just in case.  There is no reason for a password reset to take more than a couple of minutes.

It's getting harder and harder to get testing done.

Edited by BND