How do you book connecting cabins? And is that the best option with 2 teens?

jbrinkm

I'm on the NCL site for the first time and it seems like the only way to book connecting cabins is to book one cabin, then start over and book the second cabin, is that correct? How do you see what connecting rooms have both sides still available? What if I book one and then the other is taken - can I switch the first? Should I use a TA if I actually want to book something? Can I assume the price will be the same for two rooms that connect, to help me with total pricing options, since I don't seem to be able to see both in the same booking reservation at the same time?

Also, would you recommend 2 connecting cabins as the best option for 2 adults and 2 teens?

Use the NCL website and go to the bottom of the opening page and click on "Contact Us:.  and then use "We'll Call You".

Being teens it will be to book 1 adult and 1 teen in each room, then sleep where you want when on board,

look at the deckplans and see which cabins connect, then merely call ncl and proceed to book them both. for a major experience, and assuming your travel budget will allow, book the haven 2 bedroom suite, or if no haven on your ship book the 2 bedroom. the rooms are virtually identical and the experience is amazing.

if you want to save some money, book a club balcony, and an indoor cabin just across the hall

If you want to get slightly tech fancy, open the NCL webpage in 2 different browsers. Put one room in your 'cart' on one, and the other room in the other browser. While it's in your cart, no one else can take it for about 10-15 minutes.

If you call NCL, they're essentially doing the same thing.

• Like 1

not really. a few years back before covid reared its ugly head, we were on the jade with my grandson and his friend. they had no problems with the room, my grandson was 19 and his friend was 20., a year before that we had the 2 bedroom on the epic with my grandson and another of his friends. my grandson stood over 6 ft at the time. also remember that there is a pull out couch available also. i believe the perks associated with any suite outweighs the smaller room size onthe 2 bedroom. besides, depending on there ages, they may only use the room to sleep. if they are under 18 ncl has a great program for teens. i joke that once we got on board the ship, we only saw the 2 boys for shore excursions, and dinner.  they both used to roll in after 2, they met some other teens, had a great time and either hung out at o'sheehan's or onthe dance floor.

dont worry about the size of the room. the only thing i would warn you about is once youve stayed in a haven its tough to book anything else

8 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

The thing is, the back bedroom is kind of small for two teens.  Adjoining cabins may be better.  Just my two cents.

we have 3 kids (9, 14, 18) and the younger 2 sleep in the second bedroom, the oldest sleeps on the pull-out couch.  I can’t imagine 2 adults sharing that second bedroom comfortably though. 

• 8 months later...

We had a frustrating problem today, last June family members booked connecting cabins, they are new to cruising and did not look at their cabin numbers on the confirmation until today as we are all getting ready to make the final payments.  NCL booked them in the next cabin over and someone else in the one they originally booked.  Someone may have simply pushed the wrong button.   

Our travel agent got a verbal confirmation and called to confirm with us, and admitted she did not double check the numbers on invoice either.  We both feel badly but I have never had a problem like this and either has she where you book a cabin and then the invoice is different.  We will be much less trusting in the future. 

NCL has admitted they made the mistake, but as we were told they have a policy of not changing anyone's cabin once booked.  The person in that cabin may not even want connecting cabins, or may not even care.  We asked they contact them and ask if they would just move over 1 cabin, and switch with our family members the answer was no.  It is very disappointing after booking this last year.  It seems like such a simple fix, especially since they made the mistake.  Has anyone had a problem like this, was it resolved ?