Celebrity Eclipse - Aft Sky suite (S1), deck 6

Be pink

Sailing on Eclipse early next year and just wondering if anyone knows how intrusive the big blue roof of the restaurant (Tuscan Grille I think) below the aft corner sky suites on deck 6 is?

Whilst I'm so grateful to finally feel like this cruise out of Sydney will go ahead, I'm just wondering if I should look to move up a deck or two if another sky suite becomes available.

I've tried to look at images on google, but its not clear how much the blue roof below sticks out.  In some images it looks to be narrower across the corner where the suites are, compared to the balcony cabins straight across the back, but then I'll see another image where the blue roof appears the same depth all the way around, from one corner to the next.   I like to spend time relaxing on the balcony, watching the world go by and can't work out if the roofline below will bother me or not.

Also, I've read about the infamous pole in the middle of the cabin - this won't bother us at all.  We'll no doubt crash into it once or twice in the dark but will learn the hard way that it is there.

If I do move us up a deck or two, which are the ones to avoid due the window washing equipment?  Thanks.

We haven’t stayed in a aft corner S1 so can’t advise re the roof of Tuscan.  I have read that the balcony on the Deck 6 S1s are smaller.  You might want to check the S class cabin sticky to see what others said.

• Like 1

I was curious, so did a search or two. I found a couple of photos and a video that may be useful, although not from the Eclipse. Video is from the Equinox and the photos from Reflection, both of which I believe have the same layout as Eclipse.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/1806175-celebrity-reflection-cabin-6305/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lg2uC4AJd5s

I would definitely be more worried about the size of the balcony, as it is very small.  I have stayed in an S1 aft on Eclipse, finding photos and information regarding deck 6...they have changed this on the E-class ships.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for the feedback.  After stalking the Celebrity site for a couple of weeks, another aft corner sky suite finally became available and I was able to swap to Deck 11.  I'm really happy with this new location.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Be pink said:

Thank you all for the feedback.  After stalking the Celebrity site for a couple of weeks, another aft corner sky suite finally became available and I was able to swap to Deck 11.  I'm really happy with this new location.

You will love deck 11!  We were just in 1663 port side suite to Alaska.  There is window washing equipment below, but it certainly doesn't interfere with the view.  The room is large and the round window gives extra light.  There are 2 poles in the room.  In ours 1 was by the sofa and the other by the bed on the far side near the sliding door to the veranda.  The cabin was very quiet with a generous amount of space, as was the veranda.  Happy sailing!

• Like 1

Fantastic thanks, that is the cabin we are in!  We've sailed with Royal Caribbean in a grand suite before but with all the COVID cancellations and ship redeployments we ended up 'jumping ship' and booking with Celebrity.  This is our first cruise in a suite with Celebrity and we are really looking forward to it.

Just now, PAsailors2 said:

21 hours ago, Be pink said:

Fantastic thanks, that is the cabin we are in!  We've sailed with Royal Caribbean in a grand suite before but with all the COVID cancellations and ship redeployments we ended up 'jumping ship' and booking with Celebrity.  This is our first cruise in a suite with Celebrity and we are really looking forward to it.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, Lastdance said:

I would definitely be more worried about the size of the balcony, as it is very small.  I have stayed in an S1 aft on Eclipse, finding photos and information regarding deck 6...they have changed this on the E-class ships.

The balcony on the outside S1 aft suites are about twice the size of the aft balconies. I'm not sure where you got the notion that they are 'very small'.

On 7/29/2022 at 9:10 PM, Be pink said:

Great move. Nicely done. But the suite on 6 would also have been sweet.

On 7/31/2022 at 9:01 PM, K12Guy said:

The balcony on the outside S1 aft suites are about twice the size of the aft balconies. I'm not sure where you got the notion that they are 'very small'.

Deck 6 S1 corner aft suite balconies are very small on S class.  No "notion" at all, just a fact!  These are S1 corner aft suites!  You are not talking specifics at all, so please do not confuse cruisers by your choice of words.  Hopefully you realize your mistake.

Edited by Lastdance

On 7/31/2022 at 9:03 PM, K12Guy said:

Great move. Nicely done. But the suite on 6 would also have been sweet.

Deck 11 will have the large balcony, so the OP will be much happier with it than deck 6, as it has the small balconies...deck 6!!!

Edited by Lastdance

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 9:22 AM, Lastdance said:

Deck 6 S1 corner aft suite balconies are very small on S class.  No "notion" at all, just a fact!  These are S1 corner aft suites!  You are not talking specifics at all, so please do not confuse cruisers by your choice of words.  Hopefully you realize your mistake.

Actually you are mistaken. You need to pay attention to actual deck plans.

Screenshot (70).png

I have no idea why you are so enamored about this, but have you actually seen one of these balconies?  I have and it is common knowledge that they are smaller.  Please do not put false information on Cruise Critic because you "think" you are correct, even though three of us have disputed your claim above; that is not fair to those who are looking for accurate information.  Also, I would suggest that you book one of these suites, take photos and share!  Other than that, have a nice day.

Sometimes in life we all have to admit that we are wrong; I believe this is that time for you.  I am all about the truth in everything and always admit if I am mistaken. You need to realize that this deck plan does not verify your information.  Seeing is believing.  Yes, the cabin is the same size, but the veranda is very, very small.  Correct color for an S1 corner aft suite, but tiny balcony.  This diagram does not show the size of the balcony.  Someone else told you the same thing I did, but you chose not to believe either of us, so why this continual discourse?  There is nothing else to say and I have tried to explain, but you refuse to let this go.

Edited by Lastdance

7 hours ago, K12Guy said:

Actually you are mistaken. You need to pay attention to actual deck plans.

Screenshot (70).png

Last April we were in SS1  #6305 on the Eclipse.  The balcony is definitely smaller than an SS1 on a higher deck.  Balcony size isn't that important to us -- we just need to have a balcony.  One advantage to deck 6 is the ability to avoid elevators in this age of covid.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Last April we were in SS1  #6305 on the Eclipse.  The balcony is definitely smaller than an SS1 on a higher deck.  Balcony size isn't that important to us -- we just need to have a balcony.  One advantage to deck 6 is the ability to avoid elevators in this age of covid.

Thank you!

18 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Thank you!

On 8/19/2022 at 2:39 PM, Lastdance said:

I have no idea why you are so enamored about this, but have you actually seen one of these balconies?  I have and it is common knowledge that they are smaller.  Please do not put false information on Cruise Critic because you "think" you are correct, even though three of us have disputed your claim above; that is not fair to those who are looking for accurate information.  Also, I would suggest that you book one of these suites, take photos and share!  Other than that, have a nice day.

Sometimes in life we all have to admit that we are wrong; I believe this is that time for you.  I am all about the truth in everything and always admit if I am mistaken. You need to realize that this deck plan does not verify your information.  Seeing is believing.  Yes, the cabin is the same size, but the veranda is very, very small.  Correct color for an S1 corner aft suite, but tiny balcony.  This diagram does not show the size of the balcony.  Someone else told you the same thing I did, but you chose not to believe either of us, so why this continual discourse?  There is nothing else to say and I have tried to explain, but you refuse to let this go.

Apples and oranges, really.

My comparison was to AFT balconies on the same deck. Others compared to the same corner suite on upper decks.

I'm glad you got to think.

3 hours ago, K12Guy said:

My replies to your specific comments:

Apples and oranges, really.  Why talk about oranges when the OP was comparing apples to apples?  

My comparison was to AFT balconies on the same deck. Others compared to the same corner suite on upper decks.  (Why?)  That was not what the OP was concerned about.  The OP was concerned about the suite category.

I'm glad you got to think.  (Just sarcasm?)

Read the title!  

Celebrity Eclipse - Aft Sky suite (S1), deck 6

I copied and pasted the title above from this thread!  I was providing information regarding these particular suites, as that is what the OP was asking about on this thread and not regular aft cabins, so there was no reason to post a diagram of deck 6, nor was there a reason for all of your comments to me about other aft cabins that were not suites.  You were not providing feedback to the original question, but just adding information that was, IMHO, not needed, but just information about another class of cabins...

Edited by Lastdance