booking on board

pbrady

16 minutes ago, pbrady said:

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity has any promotions when booking on board?   It use to be a little extra OBC but just curious if that is gone.

Thanks 

The extra OBC for booking on board is available on the website and there are many threads on exactly this.  This is one area that has not changed in over 10 years.

21 minutes ago, pbrady said:

Can anyone tell me if Celebrity has any promotions when booking on board?   It use to be a little extra OBC but just curious if that is gone.

Thanks 

Sometimes they throw in a little extra if you book within the first two days of the cruise. Could be a bottle of wine or a small gift.

The only time i've had to increase the deposit when repricing an onboard booking is if the new rate is a group rate from the TA.   Celebrity requires full deposit amounts for group booking rates regardless of the TA with the group.

How does the BOOK LATER work, especially if you don't know the ship and the length of the future cruise.

How is the ship assigned so that there are no penalties for changing it?

How is extra OBC assigned  if the duration of the future cruise is not known?

I have many doubts that I will have to ask when I am on board, or can someone from the forum help me?

I want to go to Europe in 2024 (Norwegian Fjords and/or Scandinavia and/or the British Isles) maybe it will be a B2B2B

10 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

How does the BOOK LATER work, especially if you don't know the ship and the length of the future cruise.

How is the ship assigned so that there are no penalties for changing it?

How is extra OBC assigned  if the duration of the future cruise is not known?

I have many doubts that I will have to ask when I am on board, or can someone from the forum help me?

I want to go to Europe in 2024 (Norwegian Fjords and/or Scandinavia and/or the British Isles) maybe it will be a B2B2B

Basically Book Later allows you to delay your decision for up to 90 days.  If you don't make a decision, it expires and your deposit is returned.  When you do book, you then make a decision on whether the booking has refundable or non-refundable deposit.  Here is a link to to the form itself with screenshots of it pasted below:

image.thumb.png.f65f9a3379141914b536346f09be8423.png

image.thumb.png.9666915ca35e5f7de4be43408c86f8aa.png

image.thumb.png.977814e6e7c439d46cb58066fbbf129d.png

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 1

I believe after the 90 days you just lose the OBC but the deposit remains.

To me the only advantage of these is the unlimited name changes so you can book one of these and transfer to friends/family once you get home.

To me just booking a refundable placeholder sailing as far out in the future makes more sense to me.   Then you can select sailing at any time (until final payment date way in the future).   At the time you select the sailing of course it will be at prevailing prices but at that time you can change to NRD if you desire.   The book onboard bonus OBC will be recalculated for the new sailing.

If doing placeholder just make sure to not do NRD as you can never change a NRD to a refundable deposit.

• Thanks 1

Was very surprised being told today by Celebrity via TA that the Book Later Certificate I bought on board was not combinable with the Special they have on right now (30% off, OBC, flights offered until tonight).

Never heard that there was a limited use to these certificates.  Has anybody experienced this yet ?

Edited by Michidoeme

I think your TA got wrong information.  It always says combinable with one other offer.  The current promo would be that offer.   Onboard OBC is combinable with everything.

Make them escalate to resolutions department.