Holland Blue bags a thing of the past?

I am not a fan of the plastic one but can see it’s use for wet suits and sandy flip flops.  Last cruise I tried to leave it but found it useful to wrap my dirty sneakers in.  My sis tried to leave hers but she forgot to pack her dirty laundry and used it for that purpose until she got her luggage.  As you can tell I am not a fan.   I love the hat but my old canvas one is now a rock hounding bag, very durable. 

Is this the devolution of the cruise bags ?

Carnival bag from 10 years ago was made of canvas , heavy duty carrying straps and an insulated compartment for 10 cool drinks .

image.thumb.jpeg.a60ebcfa2c75cae3397cd2490f38bfea.jpeg

This is what our Club Orange Bag looks like for an added cost . Some canvas and smaller .

image.thumb.jpeg.b5703d21d2c5a3ff5b2ec48324a63cd5.jpeg

Our recycled plastic bag from our Neptune Suite cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego in April and the Carnival bag .

image.thumb.jpeg.9fbb6ea58c231365c3e013ce98bf441d.jpeg

• Like 4

22 hours ago, lstrong said:

I use my plastic bags at the grocery store. They work great and can rinse the out if needed

I buy recyclable bags in ports when we cruise....they make me happy when I use them at the grocery store and think of the wonderful places I have been!  They are a great, useful, inexpensive souvenir.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2022 at 7:02 PM, Loreto said:

I buy recyclable bags in ports when we cruise....they make me happy when I use them at the grocery store and think of the wonderful places I have been!  They are a great, useful, inexpensive souvenir.

Loreto - I agree - I thought I was the only person that did this.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 6:11 PM, chefchick said:

Now THAT’S how you recycle!  

I'd say @highscar achieved true UP-cycling with that creation! That hat is even better than the bag was (though I, like many, prefer a canvas bag to a plastic one, yet I'm also aware the carbon footprint of the canvas bag is actually HIGHER...) Sigh.

I'm trying to train myself to refuse swag I won't use. I think that's the most environmentally friendly choice, but it's hard to say no to free. Even free junk! 🤦🏼‍♀️

My souvenir of choice from ports is tea towels. I use them at home and happily recall cool places while doing my least favorite kitchen chores. St. Andrews, Scotland by my sink right now, and Hilton Head just went into the 🧺

• Like 3

On 7/18/2022 at 4:48 PM, idiebabe said:

Also, never received the Journey's Booklet at the end of the Cruise nor the "Mariner" Drink Card. 

We received the booklet on the last night. There was only 1 Mariner Drink card in the stateroom when we boarded, but the steward supplied the second one when we asked. 

On 7/19/2022 at 6:04 PM, scubacruiserx2 said:

This is what our Club Orange Bag looks like for an added cost . Some canvas and smaller .

image.thumb.jpeg.b5703d21d2c5a3ff5b2ec48324a63cd5.jpeg

For our last Neptune Suite cruise in 2019, we received a similar bag without “Club Orange” printed on it. I use it as a gym bag and like the zipper and net pockets for my water bottle. Unfortunately the white ”canvas” part running horizontally at the top is actually not canvas but some sort of white coating that has been flaking off.