🍷 and 🍺 ?

CruiserByHeart

Thanks to all of you who post photos of current bar menus. This is truly a valuable resource for information 👍

However, going through many bar menus and the app I fail to find out favorite wine... the ever great Beringer White Zinfandel 😪

I do realize the white zin may not always be regarded as a true and fine wine it is the absolute top choice for DW and myself. And while it not being a complete deal breaker not being able to enjoy this wine, we will sure miss it on our balcony. 

Personally I like dark beer - when not having beer or cocktails... What's the darkest beer you've had on board lately?

While I'm not a wine expert by any stretch of the imagination.   Living close to the Napa valley I do hear lots of wine discussion.    Many have said they find Sutter Home White Zin very similar to Beringer and many say they like it a little better but would drink Beringer if Sutter Home wasn't available.   I believe Celebrity carries it and especially if on a drink package try it and toss it if you don't like or ask the Sommelier for something similar.   They are really good at finding something you will like.

1 hour ago, CruiserByHeart said:

What's the darkest beer you've had on board lately?

They usually have Guinness Draught cans, and they've recently had the Guinness Foreign Extra (sometimes a.k.a., "Guinness FES" or "Caribbean Guinness).

I like dark beer as well, stouts and porters.  The only dark beer I have recently had on Celebrity was at Sushi on 5, a Japanese one: Echigo Stout.  It was ok. 

I have cocktails while cruising since it's usually hot and when it's really hot, I prefer cocktails over beer and the biggest reason, they don't have any dark beers I like.  I don't like Guinness, it's too 'watery' for me.  

Craft Social is a nice spot but their 'craft' beer choices are funny, especially to true craft beer connoisseurs.  😉

🍹

20211011_121656.thumb.jpg.66653f1848bb2d4332e5fca5c8808db8.jpg

Do you have the Celebrity app installed? (Assuming it's available in Denmark.) Beers should be listed under the Dining tab by venue. For Reflection (assuming that's the cruise you're looking at), I'd probably look at Cellar Master first, then explore others.

On Equinox this month, they list Newcastle, Fuller's (which for some inexplicable reason they're calling a brown porter!), and Paulaner Salvator at the $10 and under point. They also have several very good, but high alcohol, Belgian beers that are over the premium package limit. I don't see anything that resembles a Baltic Porter, for instance. Those are at Craft Social; Reflection doesn't have Craft Social.

Reflection "could" be different on a European itinerary, but I've not found RCG to adapt it's beers and wine to location...

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

...would drink Beringer if Sutter Home wasn't available.   I believe Celebrity carries it and especially if on a drink package try it and toss it if you don't like or ask the Sommelier for something similar.   They are really good at finding something you will like.

Thank you,  yes, we've always enjoyed having the premium package and the option to sample and discard if we dislike a drink 👍

And yes, the sommeliers have always been great at suggesting pairings 😉

57 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

I like dark beer as well, stouts and porters.  The only dark beer I have recently had on Celebrity was at Sushi on 5, a Japanese one: Echigo Stout.  It was ok. 

Craft Social is a nice spot but their 'craft' beer choices are funny, especially to true craft beer connoisseurs.  😉

Just my words 😃 And thanks for the heads up on the Japanese Stout, gotta try it out 🍻

Craft Social would be great to have on more ships 🍺

If you look at the various bar menus on the Celebrity app, you will find the Beringer White Zin listed at the World Class bar for $8/glass.  This may/may not change for your particular sailing, as the wine offerings seem to vary by ship and region lately.

5 hours ago, DCPIV said:

They usually have Guinness Draught cans, and they've recently had the Guinness Foreign Extra (sometimes a.k.a., "Guinness FES" or "Caribbean Guinness).

But I don't think Guinness is in the drinks area of the bar menu. It is a food item! The best darn lunch or dinner you will ever have. And if you're Irish or of Irish decent, the best darn breakfast you will ever have too! 😁 Cheers!

• Like 1

You can always bring 2 bottles each person  of the Beringer white zin onboard with you and ask to have it in the dining room.

I’ve reading no corkage fee if you have a drink package. So have 2 bottles for the cabin and 2 for dinners. It’s win win! 

19 hours ago, bye-seaya said:

You can always bring 2 bottles each person  of the Beringer white zin onboard with you and ask to have it in the dining room.

I’ve reading no corkage fee if you have a drink package. So have 2 bottles for the cabin and 2 for dinners. It’s win win! 

That takes care of the first two days of the cruise. 😂🍷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

That takes care of the first two days of the cruise. 😂🍷

More like lunch and dinner for DW and me.

Edited by DCPIV
  • Haha 2