Aqua upgrade on the Eclipse

OttawaJohn

Hi all, looking for some help

Have a cruise booked to Alaska on the Eclipse and we are in sunset verandah suite.  Just been offered a chance to upgrade to the Aqua class.

Outside of access to Blu and some spa stuff, is it worth it?  Seeing lots of sales stuff but not really sure what the key differences are and if it's better.

Any opinions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

17 minutes ago, OttawaJohn said:

Hi all, looking for some help

Have a cruise booked to Alaska on the Eclipse and we are in sunset verandah suite.  Just been offered a chance to upgrade to the Aqua class.

Outside of access to Blu and some spa stuff, is it worth it?  Seeing lots of sales stuff but not really sure what the key differences are and if it's better.

Any opinions would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

It really depends on how much extra you are paying for Aqua class in my opinion. Dining in Blu is very nice as is the service. The showers are great. There are other subtle differences as well. Sometimes the cost difference is minimal. However I would not pay a significant surcharge for it. What is "significant" is obviously subjective!

16 minutes ago, SandraA said:

It really depends on how much extra you are paying for Aqua class in my opinion. Dining in Blu is very nice as is the service. The showers are great. There are other subtle differences as well. Sometimes the cost difference is minimal. However I would not pay a significant surcharge for it. What is "significant" is obviously subjective!

Looks like it would be free, some sort of promotion.

Does location make a difference to you? From what I can tell, many of the A1 Aqua staterooms on Deck 11 are under the pool and some of the A2 staterooms are under the Fitness Center. Pool might not be used as much in Alaska, but noise could still be an issue.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-eclipse

Scroll down to bottom of page for deck plans. Select the correct date range for your sailing from the pull-down menu.

The upgrade to Aqua may be free because the Aqua staterooms aren't selling and an available sunset veranda would be snapped up in a New York minute.

We have a sunset veranda for our Alaska cruise next year and there is no way we're giving it up. YMMV.

4 hours ago, abbydancer said:

We bid a move up to Aqua and got it.  We were in concierge, so it was a pretty minimal amount.  We loved Blu.  We were also able to change our cabin from an A1 to an A2, which they didn't have to do.

I have a concierge aft balcony booked and intend to bid at least a little bit to move up to Aqua. I don't care so much about the food being "healthy," (seemed plenty fattening to me), but the quality and staff at Blu were out of this world on my one previous Celebrity cruise. It's currently "sold out," though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mississippian said:

I have a concierge aft balcony booked and intend to bid at least a little bit to move up to Aqua. I don't care so much about the food being "healthy," (seemed plenty fattening to me), but the quality and staff at Blu were out of this world on my one previous Celebrity cruise. It's currently "sold out," though.

Would rather eat in MDR or specialty restaurants than BLU. Overpriced. Same cabins and better see where they put you.

13 hours ago, OttawaJohn said:

Looks like it would be free, some sort of promotion.

We would never upgrade to Aqua. The fact that it's being offered free proves X can't sell it but can sell your current cabin. Stick with what you have. My mantra is " the more X push something the less of a bargain it is for me".

Just curious: An aft suite or a Sunset Veranda?
SVs are not a suite!

Personally I prefer Aqua over SV any day. On S class IMHO A2s are better than A1s.

Edited by Miaminice

We have really enjoyed Aqua and our experiences in Blu have always been excellent.  Having said that, it certainly matters where the cabin is located.  Out of 14 cruises on Celebrity, (mostly in Aqua), our only semi-bad experience was in a deck 11 Aqua cabin on Solstice because we were located under the treadmills in the fitness center.  That was the only time we have ever needed earplugs and even that didn't fully block the noise that usually started about 6:00 or so.  However, the rest of the experience on-board was great.

The think the best Aqua cabins are on Deck 11 on M-Class ships.  Nothing above, easy access to the pool and the Sunset Bar is very convenient.  We haven't been on an E-Class yet, but I have seen quite a few posts that suggest the location of Blu is suboptimal.

I love Aqua Class, primarily for Blu.  But in this case I agree with those who say keep that cabin specifically for the views.  Going through the Inside Passage in particular is beautiful and you will have great optics.  Any other cruise I would move to Aqua because of Blu.  

I totally agree.  Blu is great but for views I want the SV.  I am sure with a move up the aft cabins in aqua class are long gone.  It is cold or raining you will be happy to view sights right out your slider.