Cruise check in from different time zone

drakes2

I am sailing on the Equinox September 26th and check in is August 12th. I will be flying back to Canada that morning and would like to do my online check-in from there.  Would anyone know if I could check in early in the morning before leaving for the airport.  It will be six hours ahead. 

It’s kind of hit and miss. One cruise we checked in midnight eastern time, another was 7:00 pm on the day we could check in, so rather late. I was awake for check in for our upcoming cruise at midnight eastern and at 1 it still wasn’t available. Woke up a few hours later and nothing and then around 5 am it was open. My suggestion is to just keep checking.

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

It’s kind of hit and miss. One cruise we checked in midnight eastern time, another was 7:00 pm on the day we could check in, so rather late. I was awake for check in for our upcoming cruise at midnight eastern and at 1 it still wasn’t available. Woke up a few hours later and nothing and then around 5 am it was open. My suggestion is to just keep checking.

I'll be in Amsterdam leaving that morning for my flight back to Canada and wanted to choose my check in time. Have a concierge balcony and like the advantage of lunch in the MDR that day.

On 7/19/2022 at 9:49 AM, drakes2 said:

I am sailing on the Equinox September 26th and check in is August 12th. I will be flying back to Canada that morning and would like to do my online check-in from there.  Would anyone know if I could check in early in the morning before leaving for the airport.  It will be six hours ahead. 

Easiest is to Click Start CheckIn any time after 12:01 time zone of where cruise leaving on the day checkin opens and click arrival time and just select arrival time for each passenger.    You lock in the CheckIn time and can come back later and fill in the rest.   I do it often.

If I calculate right Amsterdam is 6 hours earlier than Miami so you could do checkin anytime after 6:01 AM  Amsterdam

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 7/19/2022 at 10:10 AM, AlbertaCruisers said:

I find that check in opens just after midnight Eastern on the date noted (usually 2 or 3 minutes after).  So, I'm in the Mountain time zone and can usually check in around 10:03 pm the night before the official check in day.

I was thinking the same.   While this may not be consistent, many in our Iceland Summit Cruise it opened at 12:01 AM  Iceland time.     There were a number of us in Pacific time zone that were able to checkin about 6:01 PM the day before.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Easiest is to Click Start CheckIn any time after 12:01 time zone of where cruise leaving on the day checkin opens and click arrival time and just select arrival time for each passenger.    You lock in the CheckIn time and can come back later and fill in the rest.   I do it often.

If I calculate right Amsterdam is 6 hours earlier than Miami so you could do checkin anytime after 6:01 AM  Amsterdam

Only a Zenith would know that/be that devious!😉

51 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Only a Zenith would know that/be that devious!😉

Nahhh... I was of the school that it was 12:01 AM Eastern and a fellow cruiser on our Aug 8 forum from Southern California Elite was to the first to try it Iceland time.     All of us west Coasters were quick to follow after he posted.

I think it's more younger inquisitive members got the worm

11 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@Jim_Iainwas planning on checking at midnight then again at 6 am Amsterdam time. I have a noon flight from Schiphol Airport that day which I know will be chaos so want to get there early. I've booked a C1 cabin and was wanting to board in time for the concierge lunch. Oh well, I guess there's more important things to worry about like getting back to Canada stress free. 😆 

@drakes2 Hope all goes well for you.    Seeing lots of flight delays in the U.S today possibly because of a huge heat dome over much of the U.S.    Been reading lots of problem with luggage in Amsterdam. I saw a news article yesterday that Delta Flew a plane back from Amsterdam with no passenger the whole plane was loaded with delayed luggage.  

As soon as you arrive at the terminal you will let all this start draining away.    Amsterdam has a beautiful cruise terminal.  

9 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

@drakes2 Hope all goes well for you.    Seeing lots of flight delays in the U.S today possibly because of a huge heat dome over much of the U.S.    Been reading lots of problem with luggage in Amsterdam. I saw a news article yesterday that Delta Flew a plane back from Amsterdam with no passenger the whole plane was loaded with delayed luggage.  

As soon as you arrive at the terminal you will let all this start draining away.    Amsterdam has a beautiful cruise terminal.  

@Jim_IainI did a Baltic cruise out of that terminal in July 2016. What an experience! My son is literally a 15 minute walk to the port.  We go out on his boat when I visit and pass the cruise ships all the time. I will post my experience with the luggage on this thread when I arrive. 

On 7/22/2022 at 4:46 AM, drakes2 said:

@Jim_IainI did a Baltic cruise out of that terminal in July 2016. What an experience! My son is literally a 15 minute walk to the port.  We go out on his boat when I visit and pass the cruise ships all the time. I will post my experience with the luggage on this thread when I arrive. 

Good luck.   I hope things in Amsterdam return to normal soon.   Iain worked in Amsterdam when he was just out of University and knows the town well.    I personally love the Jordan section of town.

I'm shopping for a AirBnB for next April for a week between cruises.   Have about 20 identified as it has to have 2 separate bedrooms since his sister and BL will be joining us.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/24/2022 at 1:36 AM, Jim_Iain said:

Good luck.   I hope things in Amsterdam return to normal soon.   Iain worked in Amsterdam when he was just out of University and knows the town well.    I personally love the Jordan section of town.

I'm shopping for a AirBnB for next April for a week between cruises.   Have about 20 identified as it has to have 2 separate bedrooms since his sister and BL will be joining us.

@Jim_IainI am in Amsterdam now flying back to Canada on Friday August 12th. Our luggage was waiting on the floor at the carousel as it took awhile getting through immigration. Our fault as we had washroom breaks so were at the back of the line. Apart from that it all was good. Weather has been phenomenal.