First Cruise for nearly 3 yr. A few question

jimzgoldfinch

We will be sailing from Southampton on Aug 29. Pre cruise requirements are reasonably clear.

First question relates to pre cruise Antigen test. I have the tests booked for Sunday 28th at a local pharmacy. If for some reason the test is cancelled, will Celebrity offer a pre cruise at checkin bearing in mind unvaccinated guests can do one then?

The second one relates to the Celeb app and the inclusion of a photo of vaccine record. I have the documentation obtained from NHS. Can I use a photo of this document.

We will ask Celebrity as well.

7 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

We will be sailing from Southampton on Aug 29. Pre cruise requirements are reasonably clear.

First question relates to pre cruise Antigen test. I have the tests booked for Sunday 28th at a local pharmacy. If for some reason the test is cancelled, will Celebrity offer a pre cruise at checkin bearing in mind unvaccinated guests can do one then?

The second one relates to the Celeb app and the inclusion of a photo of vaccine record. I have the documentation obtained from NHS. Can I use a photo of this document.

The photo of your NHS paper is exactly what you use.

Do not understand what a precruise at checkin would be.  Lots of discussion about vaccination rules going away.  Remember that the rules are not only from the cruiselines, but countries and ports.  Every port would need to need to allow in guests without testing.

Your unvaccinated comment is different from testing.  Thus for unvaccinated to sail both the cruiseline and all ports would need to allow it.

Not sure that us what you meant

12 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

reports are that they will not be able to do that for you.

12 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

probably but the whole app check in business is not worth the effort other than picking your arrival time.  Otherwise just show up at the terminal with all your documentation in hand since even if you put it into the app you still have to show it there anyway.

16 minutes ago, jimzgoldfinch said:

If for some reason the test is cancelled, will Celebrity offer a pre cruise at checkin bearing in mind unvaccinated guests can do one then?

I would not rely on this. Have your own backup plan.

I don’t believe they are testing at Southampton, maybe only for small unvaccinated children. Suggest you look for somewhere more reliable if you think the test could be cancelled.

Last year they wanted to see paper copies of vaccine documents as their Wi-Fi was sketchy

22 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I think they meant would a test be available at the port since they do them for any unvaccinated children.

They do them for unvaccinated children but adults are expected to come with their negative test results in handThey do them for unvaccinated children but adults are expected to come with their negative test results in hand