Cruise with Confidence Program & COVID Pre-travel Testing PROBLEM?

11 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Not 'go out of business' but default on the appt.

eMed appears to be defined as the 'GOLD' standard but you might want to view the Court pendings and the BBB when ever judging a company.  

I wouldn’t be concerned about emed.  My DH and myself have used them 10 times and have never had any issues.  We even used them in Italy with no problems.  You don’t make appts. with emed, you just contact them and start the process, it has never taken us over 20 minutes.

1 minute ago, watcher_62 said:

Not to sound dismissive in any way, as I understand your concern. We have now completed 10 RCL cruises since restart, and have been tested multiple times.  RCL accepts any proctored test that issues a written confirmation that states a negative result within the two day window prior to boarding.  Their review is done in the embarkation queue and performed by their check-in agents.  There is no in-depth check or validation done - you are expected to have had it completed according to their requirements and as long as it's provided in written form, it is accepted as valid. We've checked in in Florida, Italy and the Netherlands - the process was the same - show the letter/report either printed or on your phone - and as long as the date, name and "NEGATIVE" is there, it's accepted.  No copies are submitted, retained or requested.  

Understood and agreed... my concern was if I can't get the WRITTEN RESULTS because they defaulted on the appt.  That JJCRUISE and MYHaro and others on Youtube I assume are but one SM out there.

15 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Not 'go out of business' but default on the appt.

eMed appears to be defined as the 'GOLD' standard but you might want to view the Court pendings and the BBB when ever judging a company.  

Edited by Tlbecker1

2 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Let me close this as I am feeling more like one-against-the-world a bit.

If a contract is formed, (and a booking is absolutely a contract) remedies, or lack thereof, for defaults by either party must by law be clearly defined and understood or provided to a requesting party in a timely and effective manner. 

That's not me speaking.... by a Justice in the US Supreme Court.

Except in your scenario, neither party is defaulting.

Just now, Project-College said:

Understood and agreed... my concern was if I can't get the WRITTEN RESULTS because they defaulted on the appt.  That JJCRUISE and MYHaro and others on Youtube I assume are but one SM out there.

Then your issue would be with the provider for failure, not RCL, no?

Let me close this as I am feeling more like one-against-the-world a bit.

If a contract is formed, (and a booking is absolutely a contract) remedies, or lack thereof, for defaults by either party must by law be clearly defined and understood or provided to a requesting party in a timely and effective manner. 

That's not me speaking.... by a Justice in the US Supreme Court.

The cruise line has told you they need you to provide a negative test taken two days prior to your sailing.  It is defined and understood by thousands on a daily basis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Project-College said:

Your testing by an outside party has nothing to do with RCI - they make no warranties for emed.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wrunkles said:

Really..lol   That's in NC where I was able to cancel right through my confirmation email.  I'm just sharing my experience, of course you need to see if it can apply to you in your state.   Yes, they do charge now for travel.  I was trying to help with your plan B not suggest the cheapest option.

NJ sucks!   NC or SC are are targets for retirement and maybe here's another reason😄

What appointment?  You do not make an appointment for an eMed test.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Your testing by an outside party has nothing to do with RCI - they make no warranties for emed.

I am not linking emed to direct liability or damages... but if RCL responds BASED on emed actions or inactions... YES they are related, INDIRECTLY.  Torts 101

1 minute ago, Project-College said:

I am not linking emed to direct liability or damages... but if RCL responds BASED on emed actions or inactions... YES they are related, INDIRECTLY.  Torts 101

I think the RCI lawyers went to a better school than you.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I think the RCI lawyers went to a better school than you.

Pure quantity beats me and I am sure they are better.... that's why I try to document first then speak to others smarter (which is probably 99% of the legal field).

PS:  Better School does not equate to Better Lawyer!... but  get ur point 🙃

24 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

If you are in NJ I believe citymd does rapid antigen tests without appointments.

will check...thanks

RCL just announced a new COVID Testing Policy:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/royal-caribbean-group-reports-second-120000818.html

Doesn't help me at all as we leave before as it says:

"Starting Aug. 8, testing will be required for unvaccinated guests on all voyages and for vaccinated guests only on voyages that are six nights or longer. "

I am 9 days so we lose out and we leave before 8/8.... ☹️ 

On a bright note though.... did a test run with Online Proctor and all went well so I now have a PLAN A and a PLAN B.

So my mixed Paranoia about the testing has moved from SEVERE to only MILD.

Also... this was RCL's formal response back to me:

Testing is required and 100% our guests responsibility so if they do not test, they will be denied boarding and would be in 100% penalty.  Perhaps they could buy a "Guided" test from Walgreens or their local pharmacy to alleviate all concerns.  

Cruise With Confidence requires cancellation 48 hour prior to embarkation day so if they sail on Friday, Wednesday is too late to cancel via Cruise With Confidence.

All of  that said, we can offer a very limited amount of tests at the terminal on embarkation day.  Please click on the link below for more information. 

In my opinion... LESSON HERE- Have a Plan B just in case unless you are willing to cancel MORE than 48 before OR donate 100% of your cruise costs to RCL!