Outlet power on the Koningsdam

57redbird

1 minute ago, 57redbird said:

This has probably already been answered but....do the outlets in the cabin remain 'powered' if there isn't a card in the light controller box?

NO. But we always bring an old credit or old shopcard for that purpose in case of......

• Like 2

Agree, it's not 100% one way or the other. Some plugs definitely go off without a card in the slot. Others seem hot all the time. The bathroom plug, which we use for our power toothbrush, goes off.

Like others, and the many times it's been discussed here, bring, or half, an extra card 5han can stay in the card slot 24/7.

• Like 2

I my cabin you had to keep a card of some kind in the slot in order to keep the power going. My cabin steward actually left a cardboard card for me. Worked like a charm. Evidently it's a simple physical switch/butting that is engaged inside the mechanism.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 7/28/2022 at 1:26 AM, secondtime said:

Does the card also control the room temperature - if I leave it on cold will it move to medium heat when I am out of the room?

Good question.  I am wondering the same as we like our room cool.  

On 7/28/2022 at 1:26 AM, secondtime said:

Does the card also control the room temperature - if I leave it on cold will it move to medium heat when I am out of the room?

I don't think it controls the temp but I think there is a motion sensor on the regulator because I turn the temp down when we go to bed & wake up way too warm around 3 a.m.