Royal up bid!

1 minute ago, Patches1966 said:

How often do people win a Royal Up bid to go from a basic interior room to an ocean view room?  What is a good bid for that?

It's impossible to generalize about RoyalUps. Way too many variables like the ship, length, how full it is, etc. Beyond that, no one truly knows how the algorithm works.

All that said, I wouldn't bid much more than the minimum, but only you can put a price on the value of that window to you.

• Like 1

I found out earlier today that I won a RoyalUp from an interior promenade view room to a junior suite! The bid was $320 which was around the minimum bid required. I'm just over 3 weeks away from my cruise.

I've found that right after the restart you could basically name your price --- not so much now since demand has increased. It all boils down to how many cabins are available on which ship at which price which is impossible to know. Congrats on your winning bid!!!

When we bid, we bid $6 more than min. But in general, we buy the room level we want. 

BTW: RCL leaves bidding for staterooms available even when they quite sure that the rooms are going to sail full. It’s a way to gauge how much people will pay. 

2 hours ago, rritter25 said:

I found out earlier today that I won a RoyalUp from an interior promenade view room to a junior suite! The bid was $320 which was around the minimum bid required. I'm just over 3 weeks away from my cruise.

Yeah, the Voyager has been sailing about half full.

Was on Granduer in Jan. this year. Met two couples that bid $55. and the other $65

and they won from inside to Large View . I bid on the same at $125. and did not get it.

So no understanding of how they choose who gets what. I understand it is an outside company that handles it for RCCL. I asked on board why at customer service and they couldn't explain...although

that evening a bottle of champagne was in our cabin when we returned..

I can no longer modify 2 of my royal up bids (sailing is August 25th).   I can only modify one of them.   All three say “submitted”.  

And now when I click on the original royal up email the two I can’t modify don’t even show up. 

Anyone else have something like this?

1 hour ago, Canadianmama3 said:

Anyone else have something like this?

Yes, the two that don't show may be due to RCI/Plusgrade limiting bidable categories. If you bid on something that is no longer offered, it will behave like that.