Diamond plush gift

dep

Diamond plus gift

We have not cruised for several years, however does Royalcaribbean still give diamond Plus a choice of a gift on the first day. Such as a bottle of wine or cold drink?

Yes...and you can call the C&A in advance and choose your drink and your gift. There is a variety to choose from. I just did this a few weeks ago. I was only on hold for about 5 minutes before I was speaking to the rep. There are a variety of treats to choose from. I chose beer for my drink and as a treat I chose a fruit basket and cheese plate.

Remember, whatever you choose, this will remain your gift choice on all future cruises until you call and change it again. I only say this for those who choose the towel or slippers as their gift...I mean who wants to continue to get a pair of slippers?

Edited by rrraydon

4 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

What happened to the wine?

There are two selections:

1. The beverage choice: water or soda (Emerald to Pinn) or beer (D+, Pinn)

2. The "gift" (D+, Pinn): slippers, towels, totes, wine, etc.  Multiple selections based on 175, 340, 525 points and/or cruise length.

Edited by Another_Critic

29 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

Yes...and you can call the C&A in advance and choose your drink and your gift. There is a variety to choose from. I just did this a few weeks ago. I was only on hold for about 5 minutes before I was speaking to the rep. There are a variety of treats to choose from. I chose beer for my drink and as a treat I chose a fruit basket and cheese plate.

Remember, whatever you choose, this will remain your gift choice on all future cruises until you call and change it again. I only say this for those who choose the towel or slippers as their gift...I mean who wants to continue to get a pair of slippers?

I dont think the towel has been available for a while. They were looking for someone to make them last I was told. I got the fruit truffles last time but a blogger claimed they ran out idk. 

That's why I said above few choices other than bottles of wine.

3 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

There is the beverage choice: water, soda, beer (D+, Pinn) and the "gift": slippers, towels, totes, wine, etc.  Two different selections.

The totes are on the 525 pts list, not low level diamond plus. Idk and I got 3 of these cheap plastic totes I heard were leftover from adventure ocean ... wasnt what I expected. I gave 2 of them to a 6 year old. Maybe it's the 340 pts list but not the low level diamond plus. 

And some wines I read on the blog are being switched. 

I asked for truffles and got a bottle of champagne lol. Gave that away too. 

Edited by firefly333

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

There is the beverage choice: water, soda, beer (D+, Pinn) and the "gift": slippers, towels, totes, wine, etc.  Two different selections.

The welcome beverage is for Emerald and above.

I suspect the OP was asking about Diamond+ amenity whether or not they used the “correct “ term. Maybe I misunderstood.

Edited by c-leg5

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I dont think the towel has been available for a while. They were looking for someone to make them last I was told. I got the fruit truffles last time but a blogger claimed they ran out idk. 

That's why I said above few choices other than bottles of wine.

I asked for the towel orginally and she told me they were out of stock and could put me on a list to mail it to me rather than have it on the ship. I declined. I'd be waiting on it til doomsday...like the crystal blocks.

Just now, firefly333 said:

The totes are on the 525 pts list, not low level diamond plus. Idk and I got 3 of these cheap plastic totes I heard were leftover from adventure ocean ... wasnt what I expected. I gave 2 of them to a 6 year old. 

I edited my post after you quoted.  🙂

The totes are at 340.  The LA on Enchantment offered the "good" tote as a substitute for the beach towel, even though I was <340.  🙂

6 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

I asked for the towel orginally and she told me they were out of stock and could put me on a list to mail it to me rather than have it on the ship. I declined. I'd be waiting on it til doomsday...like the crystal blocks.

I asked for towels/totes ( when all my wine sections were not available) back in November and I'm still waiting.  Was on the same ship last week  and asked the LA about the towels and was told to forget about them.  So, we were  B2B, eligible for a total of 6 gifts ( 3 for each cruise)  and received nothing.  That's how it sometimes goes!

Also was waiting for  the "mailed" crystal block that was never delivered.  LA had blocks and gave me one. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

2 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I asked for towels/totes ( when all my wine sections were not available) back in November and I'm still waiting.  Was on the same ship last week  and asked the LA about the towels and was told to forget about them.  So, we were  B2B, eligible for a total of 6 gifts ( 4 for each cruise)  and received nothing.  That's how it sometimes goes!

That's why I went with the snacks this time around. I'm sure someone in the cabin will eat them. Maybe one evening we'll sit out on the balcony sipping wine and eating fruit and cheese platter.

Edited by rrraydon
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rrraydon said:

It depends on the ship, Quantum still had towels when we sailed in May.  They had crystal blocks too.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

The welcome beverage is for Emerald and above.

I suspect the OP was asking about Diamond+ amenity whether or not they used the “correct “ term.

It can be confusing. 

There is a 

Welcome beverage -  water/soda/beer (depending on C&A status) 

Welcome back cookies (no longer delivered on some ships)  

Gift selection(s) starting at 175 points, and depending on C&A status

Chef Choice amenity (can't select what you get) that is making a comeback on some ships. 

M

• Like 1