OnPoint Testing

I have a question for those that have used the OnPoint proctored testing. 

I have an appointment scheduled, and I'm doing the registration on the Coivd-19 page as they requested. I'm to the screen where they are asking for my insurance information. Do they need that? Since I have the test, I've already paid for the proctored test, why do they need my insurance information? Can I just select uninsured? Really don't like putting that information out there if I don't have to.

19 hours ago, reefgeek83 said:

I have an appointment scheduled, and I'm doing the registration on the Coivd-19 page as they requested. I'm to the screen where they are asking for my insurance information. Do they need that? Since I have the test, I've already paid for the proctored test, why do they need my insurance information? Can I just select uninsured? Really don't like putting that information out there if I don't have to.

There of been a few threads of individuals having problems with the OnPoint customer service. They have experienced long hold times.  I would suggest using Rapid Test & Trace.  https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:50 PM, reefgeek83 said:

I didnt enter in any info, I just selected uninsured. No problem at all using . All the stressing over it and it was barely looked at during check in too. 

On 7/30/2022 at 8:27 AM, Tlbecker1 said:

There of been a few threads of individuals having problems with the OnPoint customer service. They have experienced long hold times.  I would suggest using Rapid Test & Trace.  https://rapidtestandtrace.com/

Are you able to use your own tests or do you have to buy a test from them? 

That was the major draw to OnPoint testing is we could use the free covid tests from USPS.

4 minutes ago, reefgeek83 said:

Any FDA approved test should work. I think the eMed tests are the only ones you have to buy from them and they only proctor their own brand. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, reefgeek83 said:

That was the major draw to OnPoint testing is we could use the free covid tests from USPS.

Your own tests.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2022 at 10:27 AM, Tlbecker1 said:

yes JJ Cruise on YOU Tube had a bad experience.   and others too.

5 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Any FDA approved test should work. I think the eMed tests are the only ones you have to buy from them and they only proctor their own brand. 

FWIW: We file insurance claims for the emed test kits and our insurance company covers 100% of the cost. So the kit and the proctoring are "free" to us. 

On 7/30/2022 at 9:27 AM, Tlbecker1 said:

My experience with on point was quite positive.  appointment was on time.  Whole testing time took 25 minutes.  Had results in 20 minutes.

I started another thread with other questions regarding OnPoint and hopefully someone can help me out. Like the OP, I didn't get the whole insurance thing either being we were using our own tests and I paid for the proctoring, but I entered our info anyway, (maybe I shouldn't have, oops)! Anyway I paid for 2 proctors, but only got one order # and one 15min time slot, so hopefully my husband doesn't need another order # for his test. There was another name after I filled out the info and that was healthtrackrx (is this where you get your results from)? This is too confusing!! Not familiar with zoom either, do I just click on the link and it will take me right there or do I have to have a certain app or something? 

4 hours ago, bren61 said:

Not familiar with zoom either, do I just click on the link and it will take me right there or do I have to have a certain app or something? 

You don't need an app to use Zoom -- just the link and a device with camera and microphone access.

• Like 1

I used OnPoint for the second time yesterday with out any issues.  I clicked on the link in my confirmation email and it took me right to the correct site.  I was early for my appointment but you can open the site 10 minutes before your time.  Yes your results do come from HealthtrackRX.  The proctor was a few minutes late but no big deal.  Had my test results in 10 minutes and the document needed to board in 30 minutes.  It was so easy and less stressful than traveling to a location for your test.  It was well worth the money.

• Like 1