$39.00 for Horseshoe Bch?

big al

DW & I will be in Bermuda in 3 weeks and RCI is offering a $39.00 excursion RT for Horseshoe Beach...does this sound fair or better off taking a cab?.. stay is up to 4 hours...ship leaves at 3 pm...thanks..

Ā 

Big Al

42 minutes ago, big al said:

DW & I will be in Bermuda in 3 weeks and RCI is offering a $39.00 excursion RT for Horseshoe Beach...does this sound fair or better off taking a cab?.. stay is up to 4 hours...ship leaves at 3 pm...thanks..

Ā 

Big Al

If the excursion price includes chairs and an umbrella take the excursion . If not a taxi would cost a couple of dollars less, exceptĀ  on Sunday when it wouldĀ  cost a couple of dollars more than the excursion.

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

If the excursion price includes chairs and an umbrella take the excursion . If not a taxi would cost a couple of dollars less, exceptĀ  on Sunday when it wouldĀ  cost a couple of dollars more than the excursion.

Does NOT include anything...just transportation...will take the bus for $7...thanks to both!!

Ā 

Big Al

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, big al said:

Does NOT include anything...just transportation...will take the bus for $7...thanks to both!!

Ā 

Big Al

Ā 

Good call. Ā Royal would Ā be putting you in the same type minibus that is charging $7. They contract with the drivers, pay them the $7 Ā each way and charge you $39. The only reason to use the cruise line transfer is if you have OBC you need to use up.

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

The only reason to use the cruise line transfer is if you have OBC you need to use up.

Ā 

58 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

And even then there are much better values to use it on than this particular one.Ā 

I've done this when I've had OBC that had to be used on shore excursions. NCL often includes a promotional $50 per cabin per day shore excursion credit and this was the only way to use it on something I was going to do anyway. Better to have a "free" trip to Horseshoe Bay than paying $14 . My wife took the $7 mini bus at about the same time and we met in the Horseshoe Bay parking lot.

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

I've done this when I've had OBC that had to be used on shore excursions. NCL often includes a promotional $50 per cabin per day shore excursion credit and this was the only way to use it on something I was going to do anyway. Better to have a "free" trip to Horseshoe Bay than paying $14 . My wife took the $7 mini bus at about the same time and we met in the Horseshoe Bay parking lot.

And that I agree with-- what was originally said was on board credit, not one specifically that needed to be used on a shore excursion. For a general OBC I would much rather spend the $7 cash and then spend the $32 I didn't spend on a bottle of wine or apply it to a spa treatment instead of burn it on the excursion.Ā 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pauly said:

If we take the mini bus, are there chairs and umbrellas to rent? How is the beach?

There are chairs and umbrellas to rent. The beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. It tends to be crowded close by the facilities and concession. The other end Ā to the left facing the ocean) Ā is less crowded. The beach attendents who will set up your chair and umbrella are willing to carry them the distance if you want to be at the less crowded end.Ā 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

There are chairs and umbrellas to rent. The beach is one of the most beautiful in the world. It tends to be crowded close by the facilities and concession. The other end Ā to the left facing the ocean) Ā is less crowded. The beach attendents who will set up your chair and umbrella are willing to carry them the distance if you want to be at the less crowded end.Ā 

THANKS!

8 hours ago, Suntanz said:

Just got back from Bermuda. Chairs & umbrella are $15/each at Horseshoe Bay. Canopy is $40.

Thanks..we will be the only ship that day, so it shouldn't be too crowded...šŸ‘Œ

Ā 

Big Al