Radiance - Cabin #1092 - looks like its under Windjammer will that be an issue?

Got to check in for our cruise today and added my SeaPass to my Apple Wallet.  Looks like we are in cabin 1092 (Jr Suite).  Looking at the maps it seems this is under Windjammer - will this be an issue?

Anything else to know about this location?

Yes, on Radiance the aft on Deck 11 is the Windjammer outdoor dining patio, a different configuration than Vision class ships.  It probably won't get a lot of use in the early mornings, but you may hear an occasional chair moving.  There won't be any noise at night after the WJ closes.  That outdoor seating is unique, so many people don't even know about it.

Edited by foxgoodrich

We just spent 24 days in 1092 on Jewel. Yes, there was noise from Windjammer at times, but it honestly did not bother us at all and it never kept us from sleeping. 

The bigger annoyance was actually the large overhang from the seating bump out when we were trying to take pictures of the beautiful fjords! 🤣

On Jewel, it was under this:

14977.webp

On Radiance, this location is listed as Izumi?

47 minutes ago, RobInMN said:

We just spent 24 days in 1092 on Jewel. Yes, there was noise from Windjammer at times, but it honestly did not bother us at all and it never kept us from sleeping. 

The bigger annoyance was actually the large overhang from the seating bump out when we were trying to take pictures of the beautiful fjords! 🤣

On Jewel, it was under this:

14977.webp

On Radiance, this location is listed as Izumi?

Their cabin is under Izumi and it is not a aft facing cabin. 

Under outside area of WJ I had multiple "Aft facing" Deck 10 Cabins. Around 7am will be intermittent chair Dragging and around same time or earlier when workers clean and set up before opening. I'm an early bird so no issues. Rest of WJ with Cabins under less issues

Edited by ONECRUISER

With only a couple exceptions we always get cabins that are aft or towards the aft of the ship on deck 10. Never have I had problems with noise.  This includes Serenade (same class as Radiance) Liberty, Adventure and Odyssey.  You appear to be under Izumi.  I wouldn't worry about it at all.

We were across on the starboard side in Radiance Jr Ste 1592 recently (late April). I'm not sure what was directly above us, but around 2:00 am every morning, we were woken up with what sounded like people tossing metal pans on the floors. The noise would persist for about 2 hours each time. Ear plugs didn't help. We didn't sleep well any night. I've never taken so many daytime naps on any cruise before. Unfortunately, on Radiance, there are no Jr Ste's with sleeping cabins above and below them. If I ever did it over again, I would opt for a regular balcony cabin on deck 8 or 9. 

Just done 2 weeks on the Brilliance (exactly the same as Radiance) with an aft cabin - I wasn't thinking at the time of booking and totally forgot about the open area at the back of the Windjammer.  Absolutely horrendous noise every night as they scraped and pulled the chairs to clean - now on my “never book this cabin” list.  I’m a light sleeper and sometimes it was 4am before things settled down 

18 hours ago, Yorkshire Voyagers said:

Just done 2 weeks on the Brilliance (exactly the same as Radiance) with an aft cabin - I wasn't thinking at the time of booking and totally forgot about the open area at the back of the Windjammer.  Absolutely horrendous noise every night as they scraped and pulled the chairs to clean - now on my “never book this cabin” list.  I’m a light sleeper and sometimes it was 4am before things settled down 

Well that sucks.  Not sure there is anything I can do unless I "upgrade" to another suite.

4 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

Well that sucks.  Not sure there is anything I can do unless I "upgrade" to another suite.

The problem with that is that on Radiance class ships, almost every suite is on deck 10. And with that, every suite on deck 10 is either under WJ, another restaurant or the pool deck. Under the spa appears to be all regular balconies.

The exception is that there is 1 2BR Grand Suite on 7, 8, & 9 (as well as 10).

Honestly, in 24 days (again, same room, but on Jewel), we never had any issue sleeping.

18 hours ago, GCS2000 said:

Looking where your cabin is located, I can’t imagine it would be as bad as where I was straight across the back.  I had a JS on Jewel last year on the side on deck 10 and never had a problem