In-Store Molecular (NAAT) tests

Our local Store is just now performing a molecular test called (NAAT) and you get results in 20 minutes (they say). For “events, travel and more”. I plan to call RCCL to see if it is acceptable — but wondered if anyone has used/submitted such a test. Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I didn’t see before.

5 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

Our local Store is just now performing a molecular test called (NAAT) and you get results in 20 minutes (they say). For “events, travel and more”. I plan to call RCCL to see if it is acceptable — but wondered if anyone has used/submitted such a test. Sorry if this has been asked and answered but I didn’t see before.

Yes, they are accepted. They are a rapid form of PCR test. It says so on the RC website, no need to call.

Walgreens offers them and they have been used thousands of times.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

What store and is there a cost for the test? 

Albertson’s. Covid-19 Molecular (NAAT) Test. Results in 20 minutes for $69. Get a proctored, PCR-quality test by Cue.

I’m assuming you take the test there, wait the 20 minutes and get some sort of proof/certified paper and/or email that can be submitted to RCCL or the app?

• Thanks 1

Just now, jamesnnb said:

I’m assuming you take the test there, wait the 20 minutes and get some sort of proof/certified paper and/or email that can be submitted to RCCL or the app?

You can't submit the test to RCI nor upload it to the app - you may have to show it at check in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jamesnnb said:

Albertson’s. Covid-19 Molecular (NAAT) Test. Results in 20 minutes for $69. Get a proctored, PCR-quality test by Cue.

Thanks. We no longer have any Albertsons nearby. When we did our last the tests at Walgreens. We took the test in our car and they Emailed the test results to us in less than 30 minutes. I printed off the results and put them with our passports and covid vaccination cards. I also use the app. They no longer do the Rapid NAAT test for free. $130.00 P/P. Bummer. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Thanks. We no longer have any Albertsons nearby. When we did our last the tests at Walgreens. We took the test in our car and they Emailed the test results to us in less than 30 minutes. I printed off the results and put them with our passports and covid vaccination cards. I also use the app. They no longer do the Rapid NAAT test for free. $130.00 P/P. Bummer. 

Here is what the website says — *Available for ages 2+. Insurance cannot be billed at this time. Out-of-pocket cost may vary for offsite tests. Tests are intended for asymptomatic screening only. By booking an appointment, you attest that you do not have COVID-19 symptoms and will not enter the testing site with COVID-19 symptoms.

11 hours ago, jamesnnb said:

Here is what the website says — *Available for ages 2+. Insurance cannot be billed at this time. Out-of-pocket cost may vary for offsite tests. Tests are intended for asymptomatic screening only. By booking an appointment, you attest that you do not have COVID-19 symptoms and will not enter the testing site with COVID-19 symptoms.

Who's website? 

We get them at either CVS or Walgreens. 

Walgreens is a little more forward in the questions that it asks you to answer and you can only make an appointment three days in advance. 

CVS does not ask travel questions and you can schedule up to two weeks in advance.  I have not been charged for the last two CVS appointments and I have Medicare.

2 hours ago, cruisegal40 said:

Wondering about testing when we get down to FLA.  Either Ft. L or Miami.  We won't have a vehicle either.

Find a place close to where you are staying, make an appt, then Uber there and back.

On 8/3/2022 at 3:26 PM, Wineaux007 said:

Find a place close to where you are staying, make an appt, then Uber there and back.

The Uber driver's will actually let you into their vehicles to test for covid?  Surprised by this