Hotel Near Newark Airport - Shuttle to Cape Liberty

dazey

I have asked this before but it was a few years ago and any hotel that indicates shuttle to cruise port when I call says they do not offer that service.  We do not need to park a car as we are flying in.  We last stayed at Marriott International at EWR and shuttled back to airport the next morning to pick up Celebrity's van service for $27 a person.  Just wondering if anyone has found a hotel recently that has this service available.  Honestly the Celebrity van worked out well but am trying to see if I can find something better(price wise and more convenient).

27 minutes ago, dazey said:

I have asked this before but it was a few years ago and any hotel that indicates shuttle to cruise port when I call says they do not offer that service.  We do not need to park a car as we are flying in.  We last stayed at Marriott International at EWR and shuttled back to airport the next morning to pick up Celebrity's van service for $27 a person.  Just wondering if anyone has found a hotel recently that has this service available.  Honestly the Celebrity van worked out well but am trying to see if I can find something better(price wise and more convenient).

The short answer is no, I don't believe any hotel currently offers a shuttle service to Cape Liberty. That being said, an Uber from the Newark Airport Marriott to Cape Liberty Cruise Port is about $28 total. A massively better value than Celebrity's transfer and you will save a ton of time not having to go to the airport and waiting for a large bus to fill up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dazey said:

Have you looked at trinityreservations.com ? Although the packages offered normally include parking there's nothing requiring you to park at the hotel.

On 8/4/2022 at 4:02 PM, njhorseman said:

Have you looked at trinityreservations.com ? Although the packages offered normally include parking there's nothing requiring you to park at the hotel.

Trinity's packages include the cost of parking a vehicle at the hotel and the op stated they will not have a car. To suggest they pay significantly more for the same hotel, to pay for services they have no need for while able to book the same hotel, at a much lower rate(including the cost of a ride service) on their own is ludicrous. 

• Thanks 1

On 8/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, dazey said:

I have asked this before but it was a few years ago and any hotel that indicates shuttle to cruise port when I call says they do not offer that service.  We do not need to park a car as we are flying in.  

Check with Country Inn and Courtyard both in Elizabeth NJ on International Drive. Lodging in Elizabeth is better than other EWR area hotels because of dining options.

1 hour ago, meadowlander said:

Trinity's packages include the cost of parking a vehicle at the hotel and the op stated they will not have a car. To suggest they pay significantly more for the same hotel, to pay for services they have no need for while able to book the same hotel, at a much lower rate(including the cost of a ride service) on their own is ludicrous. 

I wasn't clear enough in my post, but at some hotels the Trinity packages include a version without parking, so you won't be paying for something you don't need.

Whether those packages are cheaper, the same price as or more expensive than booking the hotel and transportation separately remains to be seen, but it's easy enough to check.