Hawaii on Crown 10/18 and 11/9 "Currently unavailable" online?

Alwayshome

I know that the Crown has had issues, but does anyone know if there has been a formal cancellation of the 10/18/22 15 day Hawaii and 11/9/22 28 day Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa? I was looking at both earlier in the week, but now both are listed as "currently unavailable."

The 28 days sailing has been like that since Tues. My TA hasn't heard squat from Princess. Could be an IT glitch. Could be they reached full capacity (highly unlikely). Could be contemplating  cancellation.  Could be contemplating  a ship swap, given their power problems, refit or no refit. I'm not a happy camper, and Princess is on my very last nerve.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:54 PM, cruisingrob21 said:

several of the august voyages were similarly "blocked" a week ago, now they appear open and the two voyages on either side of the drydock are blocked.  A RT vancouver coastal and the hawaii voyage.  Hrm...

Maybe they are planning a more extensive dry dock visit. That could be a good sign for the Nov 9 S. Pacific 28-dayer. I've been looking at that one, but was concerned about Crown for such an extended trip. I noticed last night that the cruise was "Currently not Available.)

In my experience it usually means either Sold Out (as we know all ships have to put aside a block of COVID isolation cabins so full capacity not the same thing) or they are actioning the guaranteed cabins bookings not necessarily assigning cabins but looking at what they have etc and see what needs doing.  They may open again for bookings - or not - no way to know for certain that I'm aware of what is going on the specific cruise.

A few days ago I booked on a Sept cruise that for 2 weeks showed unavailable then a few cabins opened up for booking and were gone within a few short hours glad my TA was on it right away or would have missed out.

The Vancouver return sailings are getting sold out as for many it means no flights so wouldn't be surprised if the Oct 18th is sold out for determined capacity or close to it. 

Princess must be doing fantastic then with all of these “ sold out” aka “currently unavailable “ sailings on multiple ships.

Thats what the people on the Diamond cruises were told but ultimately, those cruises were canceled on Monday, 8/8. 

Been told the Sapphire Mexico/Hawaii sailings that have been showing “currently unavailable “ for three weeks now, are “sold out” but people can be put on a wait list for $200 refundable deposit. I’m waiting for the email that my cruise on Sapphire next month is canceled too.

Something is up for sure.

5 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

Princess must be doing fantastic then with all of these “ sold out” aka “currently unavailable “ sailings on multiple ships.

Thats what the people on the Diamond cruises were told but ultimately, those cruises were canceled on Monday, 8/8. 

Been told the Sapphire Mexico/Hawaii sailings that have been showing “currently unavailable “ for three weeks now, are “sold out” but people can be put on a wait list for $200 refundable deposit. I’m waiting for the email that my cruise on Sapphire next month is canceled too.

Something is up for sure.

Holland America has a few sold out cruises as well, the Holland cruises are cruising full, (of course with empty cabins for quarantine) some of my coworkers have even decided to cruise for the very first time.  Prices are good for Alaska.

• Like 1

They have been doing this when they have quite a few cabins unsold on their website.  They take blocks and offer to cruise re-sellers at discount who in turn sell at their prices.  Leftovers cabins if any, may come back closer to sailing.  Its their way of not having to show final discounted prices and upsetting those who paid more.

• Like 1

Our September Alaska cruise on the Grand has been "Currently not available" for a few.weeks. We hope all will be well. Our TA thinks it is just sold out because they can still see it.

20 minutes ago, nini said:

Our September Alaska cruise on the Grand has been "Currently not available" for a few.weeks. We hope all will be well. Our TA thinks it is just sold out because they can still see it.

We are seeing that on a lot of cruises, wondering if they are trying to capacity control these due to staff shortages?

Sure hope so!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

We are seeing that on a lot of cruises, wondering if they are trying to capacity control these due to staff shortages?

Sure hope so!

That very well may be. I sure hope so.