Any differences Equinox and Silhouette?

LMaxwell

2 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

Equinox has the glass blowing area ; in that area Silhouette has Lawn Club Restaurant and The Porch

The Lawn Club Grill and The Porch are the main reasons I would choose the Silhouette or Reflection over any other S-Class ship, if I have the choice. 👍

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

Silhouette is definitely a better choice because of the Lawn Club and the Porch specialties.

May try one out.  Silhouette is just what's available for the dates of travel.  Sounds like everything I liked about Equinox and then some. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Equinox still has the good "Card/Game/Puzzle Room" overlooking the "grand foyer," on Deck 9.  To generate more revenue -- thus taking some fun out of cruising for certain people -- "X" replaced Silhouette's card room with four  interior staterooms.  We can't recall if those four new cabins are for single travelers or not.

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

Equinox still has the good "Card/Game/Puzzle Room" overlooking the "grand foyer," on Deck 9.  To generate more revenue -- thus taking some fun out of cruising for certain people -- "X" replaced Silhouette's card room with four  interior staterooms.  We can't recall if those four new cabins are for single travelers or not.

Yes those are the solo inside cabins. Agree with others that I really enjoy the Porch and LCG on Silhouette. 

I've sailed Constellation, Summit, Equinox, Silhouette and Reflection.  I prefer Silly and Reflection because of the Lawn Club Grill and The Porch, as well as the larger Sunset Bar seating.  They are all my favorite class of Celebrity ships.  The Connie and Summit have their charms, but nothing beats the fabulous quality of the Lawn Club!  

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

Also cabins replaced the iLounge on deck 6.

Thanks for mentioning this, "upwarduk."  We were unaware of it.  Does this mean that there is no longer any iLounge at all on Silhouette ... or has the iLounge just been moved to a different part of the ship (possibly much decreased in size, due to lowered usage)?  This is important to us, because we do not have any "devices" of our own, so we have always relied on iLounges on "X" ships for access to the Internet.

2 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

But for winter 2023 the Equinox only is doing the ABC islands.

Now you’ve answered the question I asked myself last night which is why oh why did I book Equinox instead of Silhouette for March!

4 hours ago, jg51 said:

Thanks for mentioning this, "upwarduk."  We were unaware of it.  Does this mean that there is no longer any iLounge at all on Silhouette ... or has the iLounge just been moved to a different part of the ship (possibly much decreased in size, due to lowered usage)?  This is important to us, because we do not have any "devices" of our own, so we have always relied on iLounges on "X" ships for access to the Internet.

The iLounge is now on deck 5 on the port side. Expensive shops are on the Starboard side( jewellery etc).