Has Azamara Resumed the Best of the Best Dinner?

Twiga

1 minute ago, biggersn said:

As countless other people have explained, it is not the guests who are the best of the best. It refers to the food and wine.

And if you allowed every guest to attend, the logistics of doing it for a very large group would be impossible. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/15/2022 at 3:55 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

Just to say that the Azamara Chef Experience for the Executive Chef is nothing like them preparing a Best of the Best event. I've been and also attended Best of the Best and they aren't the same at all. No comparison. 

Phil 

Curious as to how they differ.  Booked in  a CW suite next week. Hope they have the dinner, it was part of the reason we booked our suite (originally to sail in 2020)

53 minutes ago, GLM said:

Curious as to how they differ.  Booked in  a CW suite next week. Hope they have the dinner, it was part of the reason we booked our suite (originally to sail in 2020)

They are not offering the Best of the Best yet.  I doubt it will happen until the officers and crew are mask free and officers can socialize with guests.  That’s not happening yet.  There was a special private show offered in the drawing room one night, with one of the guest performers on the ship.  No officers in attendance.

1 hour ago, GLM said:

The Chef Experience is a shore excursion you pay for. Typically you will go to a local market with the Executive Chef and other galley crew in attendance. You go back to the ship and he or she will cook something for you using the ingredients.

The B o B dinner is more of a formal occasion in the Drawing Room stsrting off with drinks and canapes and moving on to dinner with paired wines. It's served by some of the butlers and waiters and the Head Sommelier pops in too. You are sat at a large 20 odd seater table and four of the senior officers attend too. As has been said, the Executive Chef is given free reign to practice their skills. No two B o Bs are the same food. 

Phil 75BB65DA-E9F9-41D7-B84F-9518EB5F6576.jpeg.7fde1b22c61d042caf4e0554052ba4c3.jpeg55EFAC79-95C0-4CFB-B78C-B944B01FB806.jpeg.b14999b85c8330cf071c0aff8fb57f36.jpeg95F47A51-76DB-461A-85D0-4346158DC61D.jpeg.cb43a489dc5833ae735440d0640cb3ec.jpegB6867DF4-2AC5-429B-BAC7-3B1B304D0619.thumb.jpeg.a1b973ba53ae6f46396b931cb14bcb74.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 months later...
34 minutes ago, lisiamc said:

I’m a passenger currently on Onward, and have not noticed any construction going on in any public areas that I’ve been in, which is pretty much everywhere except the gym and the spa. I did overhear a passenger talking to Guest Relations about what sounded like work being done in a suite - building/changing something, perhaps in one of the senior suites. The only noises I’ve heard have been ordinary maintenance noises. If you get any further information on where I should look, I can go scout it out.

Thanks. From what I can recall, it was replacing some seating in the Atlas bar, some desk tops in some of the cabins, some work in public areas, etc. There was a whole list, but the comments have disappeared and the posting is closed to new comments. Is there going to be a BOB dinner like on the Pursuit?

1 hour ago, CHTobi said:

brilliant and subtle segmentation that Larry Pimentel created on the small Azamara ships has been deconstructed to the point where the premium HVP clientele (and I am consciously not calling them the Best of the Best, mind you) 

What does HVP clientele mean?

5 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Thanks. From what I can recall, it was replacing some seating in the Atlas bar, some desk tops in some of the cabins, some work in public areas, etc. There was a whole list, but the comments have disappeared and the posting is closed to new comments. Is there going to be a BOB dinner like on the Pursuit?

That poster may have been on a cruise previous to ours. The too-narrow sofa seating in the Atlas Bar was replaced before the start of our cruise (12 November), and the bar is very popular this cruise, to the point where we try to arrive at a time that will facilitate finding the seats that we like best!  I can’t comment about the desk tops, as ours is fine, and I have not heard of disruption from friends on other decks, so that may now be completed as well. We have seen an engineer going from room to room in the public areas a couple of days ago. We thought she was checking light bulbs, but she may have been looking at alarms as well.

We don’t know anyone who might be invited to a Best of the Best dinner, but I will try to keep my ears open.

• Like 2

Okay, this is not first-hand, but this is what I have heard about how a Best of the Best dinner was conducted recently on Onward: before dinner, there were drinks and hors d'oeuvres served in a screened-off section of the Atlas Bar. The meal itself was held at the large table at the front of Prime C where the Chef’s Table is normally held. The person who attended said it was nicely done, and they had a great time,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Okay, this is not first-hand, but this is what I have heard about how a Best of the Best dinner was conducted recently on Onward: before dinner, there were drinks and hors d'oeuvres served in a screened-off section of the Atlas Bar. The meal itself was held at the large table at the front of Prime C where the Chef’s Table is normally held. The person who attended said it was nicely done, and they had a great time,

Not sure how they got  that many people around that table. I thought it held less than 20. Also being petite it a pain getting up Abd down. They have a smaller chefs table in Aqualina that not a high top.

The Quest has resumed the Best of the Best* dinner.  We were invited to attend on our Athens to Dubai cruise that just ended last week.  It was in the Drawing Room.  It was a wonderful dinner with excellent wine pairings.  In addition to the passengers attending, Captain Jonas, two hotel directors (Ryszard who has now left the ship, and Marcelo the current hotel director), and two other senior officers attended.  They were all very happy to have resumed this dinner.  

*Best of the Best refers to the meal and wines, not the passengers.

• Like 2

Best of the Best was held last night on the Onward. It was held at the back of Prime C.(by the windows) A large table was set up there and it was lovely. We have been to a couple of Best of the Best dinners on Journey and I have to say this one was was my favourite. A special menu was made for me because of my food allergies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, 2ndsailing said:

Best of the Best was held last night on the Onward. It was held at the back of Prime C.(by the windows) A large table was set up there and it was lovely. We have been to a couple of Best of the Best dinners on Journey and I have to say this one was was my favourite. A special menu was made for me because of my food allergies.

That’s a more private and comfortable location than the high top. It does reduce capacity for others  that night but looks like a fair compromise 

Thanks for sharing the news 

It was 2007 they started sailing at that time very much under the control of Celebrity. It was an ok experience but did not shine until it changed direction became Azamara Club Cruises and started including more. It then became much less a Celebrity clone (thank goodness in my view!). I first tried them in 2008/9. 

• Like 1