Update is in - testing still required for 6 nights or longer - Vaccine dropped in certain ports as of 9/5/22

Unvaccinated will be able to cruise from limited US ports.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/the-healthy-sail-center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting with September 5th departures, all travelers regardless of vaccination status can cruise on the following itineraries, as long as they meet any testing requirements to board.

• Cruises from Los Angeles, California. Browse itineraries.
  • Cruises from Galveston, Texas. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from New Orleans, Louisiana. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Currently, only guests that show a valid vaccination record can get off the ship in Grand Cayman)
  • Cruises from a European homeport. Browse itineraries.
    (Note: Guests that are not “up to date” on their vaccination per EMA standards will need to take a test onboard in order to get off the ship in Greece and Spain)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, seapad said:

So basically no change in testing and protocols ....except unvaxed are allowed. Hoping there is a next phase that would ease testing a little bit. 

That's what I was hoping for. Essentially they simply expanded their potential customer base allowing unvaccinated adults. Good for business. If they left the vaccine requirement as it was and eased testing the pool of customers would have stayed the same. (not debating medical validity of either just making an observation).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping for testing to go away for longer cruises. Bummer.  We are vaxed and boosted and going out of PC so no difference there for us.  Wonder why only a few ports allowing unvaxed?  Testing the waters?   

I received this email about an hour ago as I am sailing from LA next month. This was only sent to cruisers leaving from those ports. People are posting it as if it was a major change. It seems as though they can only update the ports that have the least restrictions for unvaxxed.

32 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I am so confused! Do people need to be tested now on cruises under six nights? Read the paragraph that’s labeled testing…. 

You are just fine.

It is Royal that is totally confused.

Just look at at all the confusing information that has been put out by them for the last couple of weeks.

10 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

People need to figure out what to do. Do we test or don’t test?

There is no telling.

It could change at any moment depending on port requirements or cruise line requirements or length of cruise.

If it is a Mexico only cruise you are probably good to go without vax or testing on 6 nights or less.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

There is no telling.

It could change at any moment depending on port requirements or cruise line requirements or length of cruise.

If it is a Mexico only cruise you are probably good to go without vax or testing on 6 nights or less.

Everyone is vaccinated and they are just trying to figure out if they need to be tested or not. I said I would ask here.

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Yes but the one that they sent out today says September 5th…. Is it now or Sept. 5th?

37 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

15 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Everyone is vaccinated and they are just trying to figure out if they need to be tested or not. I said I would ask here.

On the website it states vaccinated guest, cruise longer than 6 days test, shorter than 5 days no test of leaving from North America 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Here is your best source of information:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

These are all the current testing requirements.  Bookmark this page so you can easily go back to it in case things change before your cruise.  The first section deals with cruises out of the US that do not include Bermuda.  The next section relates to US cruises that do stop in Bermuda or Canada.  And then it goes on from there with other parts of the world.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blauelini said:

So Seattle and all Florida ports have zero changes. A nothing burger cooked over a dumpster fire. Well done Royal, truly awe inspiring. 

Don't most Seattle itineraries include Canada?  Canada is the one with requirements there, not Royal.  And a lot of Florida's cruises stop in Eastern Caribbean islands that still have requirements.  Royal's website says they are working with those islands in hopes of expanding these protocols to Florida ports.  Again, these are port requirements, not Royal's decision to not include Florida.  Give it time.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It looks like for vaccinated, they both say the same thing....no testing for 5 nights or less.

The difference I see is one says unvaccinated 2 through 11, and then the updated one going into effect Sept. 5th says unvaccinated 2 and older (like they're allowing 12 and older to be unvaccinated).

• Thanks 1

On the Royal app for our 8/28 cruise on the Liberty,  7 nts, vaccinated must test no more than 3 days before sailing. That window longer than before.  Since we leave home 3 days before sailing we can test at home before starting out trip. 

41 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

So basically the vaxxed are screwed with having to still test, but unvaccinated are a welcome aboard. 😡

Exactly! Seems like this is more of a step backwards. I personally think allowing lots of unvaccinated people onboard will backfire….

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Why are we still having to test on cruises out of Europe when Europe does not require testing????

The way I read this (and I could be wrong) is that pre-cruise testing  in Europe for vaccinated adults is now required only for sailings out of Spain, Greece and Denmark/Copenhagen. We sail out of Amsterdam in 3 weeks, and when i click "Amsterdam" it takes me to the following info mentioning only sailings out of Copenhagen (but not for instance Amsterdam). But I can't for now discount the possibility that the mention of Copenhagen is a typo and they actually mean all European ports excluding Greece & Spain.

The below also seems to correspond with the fact that Denmark doesn't even allow vaccination of under 18 year olds anymore, and all minors should therefore also be allowed to sail out of Copenhagen just with a negative test:

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM EUROPE HOME PORTS, EXCLUDING GREECE AND SPAIN

All Guests: Required Pre-Cruise Testing 

All guests sailing from Copenhagen, Denmark will need to take a test before boarding, as detailed below. The test must be conducted at a certified testing location or supervised by a healthcare telemedicine professional. Telehealth tests are accepted, but must be completed with a supervised video visit. All tests are at the guests’ expense.

• Vaccinated guests - including those not considered 'up to date' by EMA standards - must show a negative result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 2 days before boarding day.  Guests 12 and younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the testing protocols for vaccinated guests.
  • Unvaccinated kids age 2 to 17 must show a negative test result for a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 1 day before boarding day.
  • Guests under 2 years of age do not need to complete a pre-cruise test
  • Thanks 1