"Currently unavailable"

suzyed

I have seen several sailings labeled with "Currently Unavailable".  In particular, sailings on the Caribbean Princess.  What exactly does this mean?  I thought maybe the ships were at capacity but others are assuming it means the sailing is going to be cancelled.   
Any insight on this?

Edited by suzyed

We are booked on the Discovery leaving this Sun. 8/14.  It has shown "currently unavailable" for several weeks now.  We got an e-mail this morning reminding us to fill out our Arrive Can so obviously it is not being cancelled.  No idea about the capacity.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, suzyed said:

I have seen several sailings labeled with "Currently Unavailable".  In particular, sailings on the Caribbean Princess.  What exactly does this mean?  I thought maybe the ships were at capacity but others are assuming it means the sailing is going to be cancelled.   
Any insight on this?

So far those that I have checked out with Currently Unavailable have been sold out or filled to the initial capacity Princess is using.  It is possible they may come back with a few more they want to sell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Any insight on this?

I was having the same issue.  I got on chat with Princess and I was told that sailing is sold out.  I discovered how I access the sailing makes a difference.  If I go to it from my saved cruises I see  "Currently Unavailable", If I go sort of back door by accessing a different date for the same itinerary/same ship and use the drop down where you can pick a date and change to the date I am looking at, it comes up all cabin categories are SOLD OUT.  As someone said above, this can change and cabins may again become available.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, carlosalonsor said:

Or it could mean the Cruise is about to be cancelled. Just like the Diamond sailings.

That was my initial thought too. but on chat they said there is no word on Sapphire cancellations.  Also, the other Sapphire sailings before and after the date I was looking at are available for booking.  Time will tell.

Every cruise is a go … until it’s canceled. We’re booked on Caribbean to Greenland on Monday 8/15, that one is still available; and staying on for the next lap starting 8/31. All the sailings after the 8/15 show “currently unavailable” including the repo to FLL. Not looking good.

A828003E-BEC4-4D0D-8EFD-5A2AE573923F.png

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Any insight on this?

I would hope that it either is at booking capacity or sold out.  They may be restricting bookings due to staff shortages for a while.  

Some of the cruises due to a cancellation, like the Diamond and the protection ship are currently unavailable, until guests decide if the want the protection cruise, FCC or refunds. We’ve gone through a ship change and itinerary change, etc recently and they’ve given us a chance to get our new cabins, before opening it up to new bookings, etc. During that time, it said currently unavailable.  

• Like 1

Our ship Sapphire is showing unavailable until Nov. 17th. I got in on our date from the computer the other day but couldn't select a cabin. Then tried in the afternoon all access had the same unavailable message.

TA had no issues making some changes to our EZair the day before for Oct.4th. It's a wait and see like everything again this year, subject to change without notice.

Glad to have CC to keep my informed.

I'm booked on an October itinerary on the Ruby and recently, a friend has expressed interest in going along on this sailing but it is showing as 'currently not available'.  We are already booked on the cruise before this one and there are still plenty of rooms available, as is the itinerary following the 'currently not available' one.   Unless they've chartered it out to some VIP group (it is docked during Fleet Week in San Francisco on a Sunday .. big Blue Angels Day), I think it is just filled to capacity in accordance with the number of crew members that will be onboard.  It did look to be selling quite well once they offered it with solo cabin pricing.  Either way, I am glad we are already on the previous sailing  ... embarkation can be so chaotic in SF when it gets delayed or if there is more than one cruiseship docked at the same time.  Maybe the port is having them limit their number of passengers that will be embarking that day.  The port is not really separated from the city streets .. it's right there on the Embarcadero. 

Of note, these are all just assumptions on my part but I think this particular cruise that is showing as 'currently not available' is already filled to the desired capacity, or in other words, sold out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, D&L Thomas said:

Every cruise is a go … until it’s canceled. We’re booked on Caribbean to Greenland on Monday 8/15, that one is still available; and staying on for the next lap starting 8/31. All the sailings after the 8/15 show “currently unavailable” including the repo to FLL. Not looking good.

Right.  We're on the repo that sails on 10/20.  If I go to the sailing and look at excursions, it's still allowing me to book them.  Would they still take my money when they are contemplating cancelling?  I would hope not!

7 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Right.  We're on the repo that sails on 10/20.  If I go to the sailing and look at excursions, it's still allowing me to book them.  Would they still take my money when they are contemplating cancelling?  I would hope not!

They did with the Diamond passengers. 

40 minutes ago, pathi said:

We are booked on the Sapphire 9/24. We are planning an alternative if this gets cancelled. May just do a land trip to Puerto Vallarta.

I’m on this one too. The one thing that worries me, is the Sapphire was not offered as a replacement cruise for the Diamond cancellations. 

7 minutes ago, tonit964 said:

I’m on this one too. The one thing that worries me, is the Sapphire was not offered as a replacement cruise for the Diamond cancellations. 

The rumor I hear on the Diamond was crew shortage. So maybe they will combine Diamond and Sapphire crew and we will sail.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pathi said:

The rumor I hear on the Diamond was crew shortage. So maybe they will combine Diamond and Sapphire crew and we will sail.

Yeah, that’s what I heard too but it doesn’t explain why they wouldn’t offer any of the  Sapphire sailings as a replacement. 

Our sailing was not sold out.

2 hours ago, suzyed said:

Good point..the excursions are available to book. Thanks for pointing that out.