Promo code that may get you an extra $100 OBC

Stockjock

I just did another dummy booking using ALLABOARD100 and the better price still shows.  I'm about 50% tempted to book it online.  The thing holding me back is my cabin for current booking.  It's an M-class aft (humongous balcony) for a 16-night cruise.  For that long, the extra ~$30/night for my current cabin/booking may be worth it.  Need to pour a glass of wine and think about it some more.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I just did another dummy booking using ALLABOARD100 and the better price still shows.  I'm about 50% tempted to book it online.  The thing holding me back is my cabin for current booking.  It's an M-class aft (humongous balcony) for a 16-night cruise.  For that long, the extra ~$30/night for my current cabin/booking may be worth it.  Need to pour a glass of wine and think about it some more.  

I don't understand the problem.  

Here's my experience with this on a December Apex 6-day sailing: After reading this thread, I got onto the Celebrity website and used the code for a porthole view veranda. It showed the cruise only rate and the All Included rates as the same. I selected AI and went to the final screen, saved an image of it and sent it to my travel agent since the rate for this porthole veranda was ~$400 cheaper with this deal than my current reservation. My TA got on the phone with Celebrity who at first denied the existence of the promotion. After some back-and-forth between me and my TA and my TA and Celebrity, some supervisor at Celebrity told my TA that the code is a known error and their IT staff is working on a solution. The supervisor told my TA that anyone who books with the code will ultimately have their reservation cancelled or would not receive the AI component. I did not speak to the Celebrity supervisor myself--this was relayed to me by my TA, who has given me no reason not to trust her.

Just sharing in case it's helpful information to anyone ...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, cheef16 said:

Here's my experience with this on a December Apex 6-day sailing: After reading this thread, I got onto the Celebrity website and used the code for a porthole view veranda. It showed the cruise only rate and the All Included rates as the same. I selected AI and went to the final screen, saved an image of it and sent it to my travel agent since the rate for this porthole veranda was ~$400 cheaper with this deal than my current reservation. My TA got on the phone with Celebrity who at first denied the existence of the promotion. After some back-and-forth between me and my TA and my TA and Celebrity, some supervisor at Celebrity told my TA that the code is a known error and their IT staff is working on a solution. The supervisor told my TA that anyone who books with the code will ultimately have their reservation cancelled or would not receive the AI component. I did not speak to the Celebrity supervisor myself--this was relayed to me by my TA, who has given me no reason not to trust her.

Interesting.

I think what will do or already did the deed was travel agents, who weren't able to find that discount,  calling for repricing or new bookings.  I sent a screenshot of online pricing and asked my TA to make a new booking at that price.  Booking direct pretty much screws the TA.  My intention was to book online and then transfer the booking to my TA.  X can't afford cut out the TAs so they have to fix it.

Edited by goofysmom99

So for the people who have booked using the promo code online, when you got your invoice did it include perks or have the All Included either as a line item at 0.00 or listed in the Promotions section.

Always check your guest invoice during the booking process.

I've seen this before where the booking process and the summary on the web shows AI, but the invoice doesn't.   This happened to me one time in the past.  I did have a screen shot of the web summary.  My TA was able to get the resolutions department to honor it but it took several days.

If they were forced to honor these "IT glitches" all the time maybe they would find it worth the effort to invest in their systems to make them reliable.

6 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

If they were forced to honor these "IT glitches" all the time maybe they would find it worth the effort to invest in their systems to make them reliable.

If I had to guess, this was likely a configuration error by the pricing or accounting departments rather than the IT staff.

I'm sure you are right or they wouldn't fix it for years.   I seem to remember that promo code being used for something last summer or fall when they were trying to get sailings restarted.  

Edited by wrk2cruise

1 hour ago, Stockjock said:

I'm sure all of the calls to Celebrity killed the deal.  Oh well.

I agree. I just tried doing a mock booking on the cruise I sucesfully booked yesterday uising the promo code now comes up, "The promo code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid code". 

2 hours ago, cheef16 said:

Not beleiving that. 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not beleiving that. 

It will depend on what's actually on the invoice whether they will get AI or not.   If it's not indicated as AI on the invoice there will be no perks when they get to the ship!

58 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

So for the people who have booked using the promo code online, when you got your invoice did it include perks or have the All Included either as a line item at 0.00 or listed in the Promotions section.

Always check your guest invoice during the booking process.

I've seen this before where the booking process and the summary on the web shows AI, but the invoice doesn't.   This happened to me one time in the past.  I did have a screen shot of the web summary.  My TA was able to get the resolutions department to honor it but it took several days.

I booked yesterday over the phone with a Celebrity agent after running the cruise on Celebritys website to get the price. My invoice shows the AI under "booking charges" and then under "promotions applied". Also under "On Board Credit" it shows "$100.00". 

I do not normally book via Celebrity Cruises website.  When does the invoice come?  Will the booking flip over to my travel agent automatically since my last booking was through her?

I booked today using the promo code to get the AI for the cruise only price on a deluxe verandah.  Is it normal that I only received an email from celebritywebsupport@celebrity.com right after booking that looks something like this:

Thank you for choosing Celebrity Cruises for your upcoming cruise vacation.  We have received your deposit and it is currently being processed. Here are the details for your reference:

RESERVATION CONFIRMATION
SI 4 NIGHT KEY WEST & BAHAMAS CRUISE
Sail Date: 04-April-2024
Reservation Number: xxxxxxx

RESERVATION SUMMARY
Guest Names:
xxxx xxxxx
TBD GUEST TWO

Stateroom Number: xxxx
Dinner Seating: CEL SLCT
Travel Arrangements: C/O

PAYMENT SUMMARY (in USD)
Total Cost: 1042.80
Total Payments Made: 200.00
Balance Due: 842.80
Final Payment Due: 842.80

A valid driver's license, state-issued ID, proper military identification, or proper proof of fire/police employment (badge or ID) will be required for validation at the pier. If age, state of residency, military, or fire/police participation cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding.
If you made this booking as a guest, please go to 
My Celebrity and create a My Celebrity Account. Associate this booking with that account.

If you already have a My Celebrity account, use it to make additional payments and reserve shore excursions, specialty dining, beverage packages or spa services.

For additional questions, 
contact Customer Service.

We look forward to seeing you on board.

Celebrity Cruises

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I booked yesterday over the phone with a Celebrity agent after running the cruise on Celebritys website to get the price. My invoice shows the AI under "booking charges" and then under "promotions applied". Also under "On Board Credit" it shows "$100.00". 

Then there should be no issues.   Under promotions does it list ALLABOARD100 or something similar.  I seriously doubt they would come back and challenge the terms. 

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I agree. I just tried doing a mock booking on the cruise I sucesfully booked yesterday uising the promo code now comes up, "The promo code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid code". 

Was it an NRD booking?

I just did a mock booking today on the upcoming Constellation TA which I posted the results earlier in this thread.  The promo code was accepted and the $1200 fare discount was applied.

image.png.ffdfb090ecb42ad1f8ca80e8e17447b1.png

23 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I just tried doing a mock booking on the cruise I sucesfully booked yesterday uising the promo code now comes up, "The promo code entered is not valid. Please enter a valid code". 

Try a different sailing.  I just tried a dummy booking on a sailing different than the one I booked earlier today and it seems to still be working for me.

7 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

When does the invoice come?  Will the booking flip over to my travel agent automatically since my last booking was through her?

No the reservation will not automatically transfer to a TA.  I generally contact my TA and have them pull the reservation.   You have 30 days to do this.

I have no idea why invoices are not sent automatically.   You can call the existing reservations number (listed in the contact us section at the bottom of the main Celebrity page).  And use the  automated system.  It will email the Guest Invoice to you before you hang up.

1-888-751-7804

Then use voice prompts to get invoice.   Takes less than 2 minutes.

Edited by wrk2cruise

15 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

I do not normally book via Celebrity Cruises website.  When does the invoice come?  

My invoice came to me when I was still on the phone with the Celebrity agent. I verified all the info on the invoice with the agent over the phone. I do this for all my cruises I book with Celebrity or whoever. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, davekathy said:

My invoice came to me when I was still on the phone with the Celebrity agent. I verified all the info on the invoice with the agent over the phone. I do this for all my cruises I book with Celebrity or whoever. 

Thanks.  I did not call.  Went through the website.  Probably a mistake.  Although the stateroom is shaded gray now on the stateroom availability and my credit card got charged.  😄

I will forward the info to my TA and ask her to make sure the AI is on the invoice.  Ugh.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Then there should be no issues.   Under promotions does it list ALLABOARD100 or something similar.  I seriously doubt they would come back and challenge the terms. 

I agree. Under "Booking Charges and Pomotions Applied..." ALLABOARD100NRD" and "SAVOVERLAY NRD and "ALLINCBO75 NRD. 

4 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Thanks.  I did not call.  Went through the website.  Probably a mistake.  Although the stateroom is shaded gray now on the stateroom availability and my credit card got charged.  😄

I will forward the info to my TA and ask her to make sure the AI is on the invoice.  Ugh.

I never book on the website. I always put in my CC number but the phone agent always has to manually put in our CC one catagory upgrade.